Subject: [79all] IETF 79 - Online Registration Cutoff

From: IETF Secretariat <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 2010 18:41:29 -0700 (PDT)

79th IETF Meeting
Beijing, China
November 7-12, 2010
Host: Tsinghua University

Register online at: http://www.ietf.org/meetings/79/

1.  Registration - Online Cutoff
2.  Social Event
====================================================
1. Registration
	Online Registration ends Friday, 5 Nov 2010, 17:00 local time
	(02:00 PT, 09:00 UTC).
	G. On-site Registration starting Sunday, 7 November at 11:00 AM
	local Beijing time.

2. Social Event
	Where: Beijing Capital Museum
	Date: Tuesday 9 November 2010
	Time: 18:00 - 21:00
	Cost: USD 30
	Hosts: Tsinghua University, Internet Society of China, 
	and China Network Information Center

Beijing Capital Museum - The Capital Museum is one of the grandest
museums in all of China, filled with ancient relics of times gone by.  

The program includes:
 - Transport from the Shangri-La to the museum and return
 - Variety of Chinese food 
 - Beverages
 - Cultural Performance (Martial Arts, Taiji, QiGong, Beijing 
   Opera, etc.)
 - Beijing folk arts show: Clay Figure Zhang; Inside-painted Bottle; 
   Chinese Paper Cutting; Seal Cutting; calligraphy; 
   Blue of JingTai(The cloisonné artwork)
 - Traditional Chinese musical instrument performance
 - Capital Museum exhibitions: see details below
 - Return Shangri-la

The following four exhibitions will be open during event:
 * Selected Works of Ancient Porcelain - This exhibit shows 
   porcelain from six dynasties of Chinese history. 
 * Selected Works of Ancient Buddhist Statues - The exhibition
   is a large-scale art display of statues of Buddha and the
   historical value Buddhist art has in Chinese culture.
 * Exhibition of Old Beijing Folk Customs - This exhibit 
   traverses the many customs of Old Beijing including customs 
   related to marriage, birth, the New Year, as well as Chinese
   opera. 
 * Beijing Superb Cultural Relics Exhibition - This exhibit 
   features exquisite carvings of jade and horn, as well as 
   paintings and classic furniture. 

NOTE: You must be registered for IETF 79 to purchase a Social Ticket.  
If you have already registered for the IETF, please use this link to
purchase a social ticket:
https://www.ietf.org/registration/ietf79/eventticket.py 

Only 3 days until the Beijing IETF! 
Online registration for the IETF meeting is at: 
http://www.ietf.org/meetings/79/