Subject: [79all] IETF 79 - Social Event

From: IETF Secretariat <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Nov 2010 15:22:40 -0700 (PDT)

IETF 79 Social Event
Where: Beijing Capital Museum
Date: Tuesday 9 November 2010
Time: 18:00 - 21:00
Cost: USD 30
Hosts: Tsinghua University, Internet Society of China, and China Network
Information Center

Beijing Capital Museum - The Capital Museum is one of the grandest
museums in all of China, filled with ancient relics of times gone by.  

The program includes:
  - Transport from the Shangri-La to the museum and return
  - Variety of Chinese food 
  - Beverages
  - Cultural Performance (Martial Arts, Taiji, QiGong, Beijing 
    Opera, etc.)
  - Beijing folk arts show: Clay Figure Zhang; Inside-painted Bottle; 
    Chinese Paper Cutting; Seal Cutting; calligraphy; 
    Blue of JingTai(The cloisonné artwork)
  - Traditional Chinese musical instrument performance
  - Capital Museum exhibitions: see details below
  - Return Shangri-la

The following four exhibitions will be open during event:
  * Selected Works of Ancient Porcelain - This exhibit shows 
    porcelain from six dynasties of Chinese history. 
  * Selected Works of Ancient Buddhist Statues - The exhibition
    is a large-scale art display of statues of Buddha and the
    historical value Buddhist art has in Chinese culture.
  * Exhibition of Old Beijing Folk Customs - This exhibit 
    traverses the many customs of Old Beijing including customs 
    related to marriage, birth, the New Year, as well as Chinese
    opera. 
  * Beijing Superb Cultural Relics Exhibition - This exhibit 
    features exquisite carvings of jade and horn, as well as 
    paintings and classic furniture. 

NOTE: You must be registered for IETF 79 to purchase a Social Ticket.  
If you have already registered for the IETF, please use this link to
purchase a social ticket:
https://www.ietf.org/registration/ietf79/eventticket.py 

Only 4 days until the Beijing IETF! 
Online registration for the IETF meeting is at: 
http://www.ietf.org/meetings/79/