Subject: [79all] Thursday Speakers & FREE Lunch! Thanks Huawei!

From: Ray Pelletier <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2010 20:08:41 -0500

Attending the Thursday Speaker Series?

Lunch is on Huawei!  That's right, Huawei is buying lunch.

Seating is limited to 300 or so.  

Lunch boxes will be available in the Valley Wing Ballroom Foyer: Choices of food include: sandwich, salad, fruit, water. 

Two Speakers.  Two topics.

Where:  	Valley Grand Ballroom B
When:	Thursday, Noon - 12:50

Topic 1:  	Virtualization and Cloud Networking

	New IT models such as cloud computing are driving the need for greater service agility, energy efficiency and dynamism in
	networks. How will network equipment vendors respond? What can we learn from advances in virtualization and cloud
	computing? How will router architectures change? What are the major technical challenges and how can we as an industry
	and academic community address them?

Speaker:  Geoffrey Mattson, CTO and VP of Huawei Technologies IP BU

	Geoffrey has held positions as Engineering VP and CTO for several routing system startups. He holds numerous patents in the IP and MPLS technologies and has contributed to standards. He currently serves as CTO and VP of the IP Business Unit at Huawei Technologies in Silicon Valley.

Topic 2:	Opportunities and Challenges for Next Generation Communication Network
Speaker:	Yuan Fei, Vice General Manager, Standards Development and Industry Relations, ZTE Corporation

	Yuan has been with ZTE since 1996 and has also held positions as Technical Planning Manager, Optical Transmission System Dept., and Chief Engineer, Strategic Planning and Standard Research, Optical Transport Product Division.