Subject: [79attendees] side trips before/after meeting week

From: Ed Jankiewicz <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2010 22:45:34 -0400

Not to trigger a flood of e-mails, but any quick ideas on organizing 
some side trips, in particular a tour group to Great Wall, Forbidden 
City, Summer Palace, Temple of Heaven, Tianmen Square.  Either weekend 
before or after the meeting?  I should be in country from Thu PM thru 
the following Mon AM.  Looking to join up with some other folks for 
group activity.

Perhaps Doodle polling or something like that would work.

---

From: Peter Musgrave <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2010 06:33:37 -0400

Hi Ed,

I am on a similar schedule.

I'd be interested in seeing if we could hire car+driver for Friday to
go out to the Great Wall. Apparently the hotel concierge can set up
such things. I'll dig around and see how expensive it is.

Peter Musgrave

On Tue, Sep 21, 2010 at 10:45 PM, Ed Jankiewicz
<[email-masked]> wrote:
>  Not to trigger a flood of e-mails, but any quick ideas on organizing some
> side trips, in particular a tour group to Great Wall, Forbidden City, Summer
> Palace, Temple of Heaven, Tianmen Square.  Either weekend before or after
> the meeting?  I should be in country from Thu PM thru the following Mon AM.
>  Looking to join up with some other folks for group activity.
>
> _______________________________________________
> 79attendees mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/79attendees
>

---

From: Klaas Wierenga <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2010 13:51:30 +0200

> such things. I'll dig around and see how expensive it is.

I paid about $50 for a car with driver to Badaling in January.

Klaas

---

From: Peter Musgrave <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2010 06:53:53 -0400

Information from the ShangriLa hotel:

(1) Hotel limousine service quotation:
    Audi A6  :  Great Wall(2 ways) is RMB2000 per car.

(1) Private car quotation:
    Hongqi car  :  Great Wall(2 ways) is RMB1000 per car.

It doesn't include lunch and tour guide, transportation charge only.

If you need tour guide, the cost is RMB100 per hour.

I can book the car for you with your e-mail, and you also can book it
when you arrive our hotel.
Just contact concierge desk is OK.

(FYI RMB1000 ~= USD 150)

I would be interested in sharing a Hongqi car on Friday Nov. 5th. I
suspect it'll take 3 people.

I have no doubt there are cheaper alternatives - but this is very
convenient. (Classic trade off)

Peter

On Wed, Sep 22, 2010 at 7:51 AM, Klaas Wierenga <[email-masked]> wrote:
>>> some