Subject: Re: [79attendees] Taxi Trip Notes of Interest

From: Stuart Cheshire <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 6 Nov 2010 07:24:22 -0700

On 6 Nov 2010, at 6:01, Mallette, Edwin wrote:

> First, thanks for all those that sent the detailed information
> regarding what to expect for taxi rates and the like.  As soon as I
> went outside of the airport to the taxi curb I was approached and
> asked if I needed a taxi.  There was a long queue under the sign that
> said taxi.  I agreed until the person making me the offer told me it
> would cost 480 RMBs for him to take me to the Shangri-La hotel.
>
> I declined and stood in the queue for 5-10 minutes for my taxi – cost
> of that trip 104 RMBs.
>
> Cheers!
>
> Ed

At the airport I got out of the elevator at the wrong floor, at the
bus stops instead of the taxi rank. Couldn't be bothered to get back
in the elevator (doors had already closed) so I hopped on bus number
four, and for 16RMB it dropped be off at the Zizhuqiao bus stop in
front of the Shangri-La hotel 1 hour 6 minutes later. Pictures showing
where to get on and where to get off are attached.

I only recommend it if you're brave though. I don't think a single
other person on the bus spoke English, and if I'd missed the Zizhuqiao
stop I'm not sure what I would have done.

Stuart Cheshire <[email-masked]>
* Wizard Without Portfolio, Apple Inc.
* www.stuartcheshire.org