Subject: [79attendees] [Nikko New Century hotel] No Wifi?

From: Stephane Bortzmeyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 7 Nov 2010 20:25:05 +0800

The wired network at the first overflow hotel, the Nikko New Century,
works well (no IPv6, lying DNS resolver, censorship, but no other
problems).

But there is apparently no Wifi, at least none that seems available to
guests. Not a problem for my laptop, which has Ethernet (and a cable
is in the room) but annoying for my smartphone.

Since configuring an adhoc network on my Ubuntu laptop for my Android
phone seems more difficult than planned, anyone knows if there is a
magical way to make a Wifi network in this hotel?

---

From: "Worley, Dale R (Dale)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 7 Nov 2010 22:24:47 -0500

________________________________________
From: [email-masked] [[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Stephane Bortzmeyer [[email-masked]]

Since configuring an adhoc network on my Ubuntu laptop for my Android
phone seems more difficult than planned, anyone knows if there is a
magical way to make a Wifi network in this hotel?
_______________________________________________

My first night at the Nikko I saw several unencrypted Wifi networks...

Dale

---

From: Stephane Bortzmeyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2010 15:19:52 +0800

On Sun, Nov 07, 2010 at 10:24:47PM -0500,
 Worley, Dale R (Dale) <[email-masked]> wrote 

> My first night at the Nikko I saw several unencrypted Wifi networks...

Not all of them actually work. For instance, "CMCC" lets you connect
but no packets gets through afterwards.

"New century Hotel" network works fine in the Century Cafe but not in
my room.

---

From: 金键 <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2010 15:27:00 +0800

CMCC is always not free.

----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Stephane Bortzmeyer" <[email-masked]>
To: "Worley, Dale R (Dale)" <[email-masked]>
Cc: <[email-masked]>
Sent: Monday, November 08, 2010 3:19 PM
Subject: Re: [79attendees] [Nikko New Century hotel] No Wifi?

> 79attendees mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/79attendees