Subject: Re: [79attendees] Shangri-La Car Service Airport->Hotel

From: Randall Gellens <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 Nov 2010 17:56:40 -0700

At 7:50 PM -0400 11/3/10, Eric Burger wrote:

>   However, on this trip I will be arriving shortly before I need to 
> be at a meeting, I have two other travelers with me, and if being 
> met at the plane means getting priority treatment at the customs 
> line, then I'm in.

The hotel informed me that the airport butler service, which escorts 
you through customs, is only for two people per car.  The car itself 
is for up to three people.

Note that the airport butler service is also available for 
departures, I'm told, if you book a round-trip car service.

-- 
Randall Gellens
Opinions are personal;    facts are suspect;    I speak for myself only
-------------- Randomly selected tag: ---------------
Any smoothly functioning technology will be
indistinguishable from a rigged demo.  --Isaac Asimov

---

From: Randall Gellens <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 Nov 2010 22:16:47 -0700

>  The hotel informed me that the airport butler service, which 
> escorts you through customs

Turns out they don't really escort you though customs; they walk you 
to customs, then meet you on the other side.  No express lane service.

-------------- Randomly selected tag: ---------------
An algorithm must be seen to be believed.  -- Donald Knuth

---

From: Randall Gellens <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 6 Nov 2010 01:10:02 -0700

At 9:13 AM -0700 11/5/10, Mahesh Jethanandani wrote:

Did they indicate what the service would
cost?

Normally, the hotel Audi is RMB 580 per car per way, or, for
people with lots of luggage, a hotel minivan  is RMB 800.00 per
car per way.

The hotel has a special package rate for the IETF at RMB 960 per
car per round trip by Audi car (max. 3 passengers) during the IETF
Conference if you confirm both arrival and departure transfer at the
same time.  (Regular price is RMB 1160 per car per
round-trip.)

The special package rate also includes airport butler greeting
service.  The airport butler will greet you right outside the
arrival gate when you disembark the plane carrying a sign with your
name.  The airport butler will escort you to Immigration counters
and the luggage carousel until you board the hotel limousine.
This service is particularly handy if you are not familiar with the
Beijing airport.

To arrange it, send email to the hotel at
[email-masked] including flight details.

On 11/4/2010 5:56 PM, Randall Gellens
wrote:

At 7:50 PM -0400 11/3/10, Eric Burger
wrote:

However, on this trip I will be
arriving shortly before I need to be at a meeting, I have two other
travelers with me, and if being met at the plane means getting
priority treatment at the customs line, then I'm in.

The hotel informed me that the airport butler service, which escorts
you through customs, is only for two people per car.  The car
itself is for up to three people.

Note that the airport butler service is also available for departures,
I'm told, if you book a round-trip car service.

--

*Mahesh Jethanandani*

*Technical Leader*

**ERBU*

*

[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]>

Phone :*+1 408 527-8230*

Fax :*+1 408 853-0762*

**

170 West Tasman Drive

San Jose, CA 95070

United States

www.cisco.com <http://www.cisco.com>

This e-mail may contain confidential and privileged material for the
sole use of the intended recipient. Any review, use, distribution or
disclosure by others is strictly prohibited. If you are not the
intended recipient (or authorized to receive for the recipient),
please contact the sender by reply e-mail and delete all copies of
this message.

Did they indicate what the service would
cost?

On 11/4/2010 5:56 PM, Randall Gellens wrote:

At 7:50 PM -0400 11/3/10, Eric Burger
wrote:

However, on this trip I will be
arriving shortly before I need to be at a meeting, I have two other
travelers with me, and if being met at the plane means getting
priority treatment at the customs line, then I'm in.

The hotel informed me that the airport butler service, which escorts
you through customs, is only for two people per car.  The car
itself is for up to three people.

Note that the airport butler service is also available for departures,
I'm told, if you book a round-trip car service.

--

Mahesh Jethanandani

Technical Leader

ERBU

[email-masked]

Phone :+1 408 527-8230

Fax :+1 408 853-0762

170 West Tasman Drive

San Jose, CA 95070

United States

www.cisco.com

This e-mail may contain confidential and
privileged material for the sole use of the intended recipient. Any
review, use, distribution or disclosure by others is strictly
prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient (or authorized to
receive for the recipient), please contact the sender by reply e-mail
and delete all copies of this message.

--

Randall Gellens

Opinions are personal;    facts are
suspect;    I speak for myself only

-------------- Randomly selected tag: ---------------

My definition of a free society is a society where it is

safe to be unpopular.                  --Adlai Stevenson