Subject: [79attendees] IRC or similar?

From: "Bjoern A. Zeeb" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 Nov 2010 08:36:31 +0000 (UTC)

Hey,

forgive my question but as a newcomer I wonder how much different
this all is to other conferences.  Are IETFlers using classic instant
communication (read IRC for example) to coordinate themselves to the
right bars and places or for arranging meetings at :30 in the lobby
or is it just too many so that it wouldn't work and you let the chaos
sort itself?

/bz

-- 
Bjoern A. Zeeb                              Welcome a new stage of life.
         <ks> Going to jail sucks -- <bz> All my daemons like it!
   http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/jails.html

---

From: Andrew McGregor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 Nov 2010 22:26:19 +1300

This mailing list and the Jabber rooms are the usual answers to that question.  Working group mailing lists get used for specific meetings too.

Andrew

On 5/11/2010, at 9:36 PM, Bjoern A. Zeeb wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> 79attendees mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/79attendees

---

From: Ray Pelletier <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 Nov 2010 07:28:18 -0400

We have also set up a meeting wiki for the attendees to share info.

http://www.ietf.org/registration/MeetingWiki/wiki/ietf79

Ray