Subject: [79attendees] swap printers in terminal room

From: Xiaoliang Zhao <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2010 18:04:02 +0800

Hi all,

The color printer in terminal room quickly ran out ink, sorry, toner. The
new toner will arrive tomorrow, so we made a quick fix to swap printers in
terminal room with the one at helpdesk. I understand many of you may already
install driver software, but if all possible, we'd like to keep it that
way for rest of this week because it is rather heavy to move it between
buildings. If you need print in color, please come to helpdesk. Thanks for
your cooperation.

thanks,
Leon

---

From: Xiaoliang Zhao <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2010 18:05:50 +0800

btw, the ip address and name of two printers will stay unchanged.
thanks,
Leon

---

From: Xiaoliang Zhao <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Nov 2010 12:17:52 +0800

Hi,

Toner arrived for color printer. you may try it now. It is now printing some
queued jobs i believe, so if you printed some thing yesterday, you may come
to helpdesk to pick up your printouts. sorry for the inconvenience.

thanks,
Leon
On Mon, Nov 8, 2010 at 6:05 PM, Xiaoliang Zhao <[email-masked]> wrote:

>   On Mon, Nov 8, 2010 at 6:04 PM, Xiaoliang Zhao <[email-masked]>wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>

---

From: Xiaoliang Zhao <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Nov 2010 17:36:12 +0800

Hi all,

Just let you know what's happening for the printer in the terminal room:
it had some problems, we are not sure if it is hardware or driver. We rented
one this afternoon which is unfortunately not working either. We are very
sorry for pinter problem and we will solve it before people start printing
boarding passes. In the meantime, please avoid sending printing jobs to
130.129.48.17.

thanks,
Leon
On Tue, Nov 9, 2010 at 12:17 PM, Xiaoliang Zhao <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Toner arrived for color printer. you may try it now. It is now printing
> some queued jobs i believe, so if you printed some thing yesterday, you
> may come to helpdesk to pick up your printouts. sorry for the inconvenience.
>
> thanks,
> Leon
>   On Mon, Nov 8, 2010 at 6:05 PM, Xiaoliang Zhao <[email-masked]>wrote:
>

---

From: Xiaoliang Zhao <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Nov 2010 21:01:28 +0800

ok, finally a Tsinghua student figured out the problem and fixed it. Now
printer in terminal room should work, i tested it myself and it worked.
Sorry for the inconvenience it may caused to you.

again, printers are:

terminal room: 130.129.48.17 (b&w)
helpdesk: 130.129.48.16 (color)

thanks,
Leon

On Tue, Nov 9, 2010 at 5:36 PM, Xiaoliang Zhao <[email-masked]> wrote:

>   On Tue, Nov 9, 2010 at 12:17 PM, Xiaoliang Zhao <[email-masked]>wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>>>> The color printer in terminal room quickly ran out ink, sorry, toner.
>>>> The new toner will arrive tomorrow, so we made a quick fix to swap printers
>>>> in terminal room with the one at helpdesk. I understand many of you may
>>>> already install driver software, but if all possible, we'd like to keep it
>>>> that way for rest of this week because it is rather heavy to move it between

---

From: Xiaoliang Zhao <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2010 12:03:56 +0800

printer, printer, printer, i am so sorry it is not working.. anyway, here is
the latest update:

1. color laser printer return back to terminal room and will stay there til
it dies.

2. we are shipping and install a plain old hp laser printer, which may not
need installing drivers. more info. on this one will follow.

3. a new Dell 1135n printer is installed at helpdesk with a NEW IP address:
130.129.1.19.

4. 130.129.48.17 is no longer with us.

thanks,
leon
On Tue, Nov 9, 2010 at 9:01 PM, Xiaoliang Zhao <[email-masked]> wrote:

> On Tue, Nov 9, 2010 at 5:36 PM, Xiaoliang Zhao <[email-masked]>wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>