Subject: [79attendees] any good tea houses near by

From: Sandra Murphy <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 Nov 2010 03:35:39 -0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)

This isn't the usual hankering for IETF attendees, I know, but surely 
there must be tea houses in Beijing.  Any near by the hotel?

And any good refs for Chinese tea culture.

--Sandy

---

From: Ed Jankiewicz <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 04 Nov 2010 04:19:23 -0400

my first attempt at the airport got me a lipton tea bag.  I was more 
interested in break a 100RMB to have change for the taxi than I was in 
the tea.

I am looking forward to both espresso and tea recommendations, as I am a 
flexible caffeinator.

> _______________________________________________
> 79attendees mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/79attendees

---

From: young <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 04 Nov 2010 16:44:46 +0800

Hi, 

Yes. TianFu (or call TenFu, Chinese name is 天福茗茶) tea group has lots of
shops across the world. www.tenfu.com

The nearest one to the hotel is identified on the attachment.
The shop location is opposite to (east to) the Zi Zhu park, so it is not far
away.

The shop is in the FangYuan building (Chinese name of the building is 方园大
厦）. Carrefour is inside too, so it is easy to find.
When you come into the building, you could ask where is TianFu Tea shop. It
seemed at the B1 floor.(or show the printed attachment)

For tea, if you like mild taste, I recommend green tea such as Longjing Tea
And Biluochun tea. If you like the flower smell, you could try Jasmine tea
or rose team. In recent years, Pu Erh tea becomes popular. Also, Oolong tea
(such asTi Kuan Yin) is quite good too, while its taste is a bit stronger
than green tea.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Longjing_tea
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bi_Luo_Chun_tea
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oolong
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pu-erh_tea
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jasmine_tea

In the TianFu shop, you could ask them brew some tea for you. Once you try
it, you would easily make a correct choice :)

Regards
Richard

-----邮件原件-----
发件人: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
代表 Sandra Murphy
发送时间: 2010年11月4日 15:36
收件人: [email-masked]
主题: [79attendees] any good tea houses near by

--Sandy

---

From: Hongyu Li <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 04 Nov 2010 17:40:47 +0800

I found two tea house nearby. There are only 400 meters between Shangri-La
and Option A. She De Tea Art (舍得茶艺馆, means give and get). Option B is
Zi Yun Tea House (Purple Rhyme紫韵茶院).

Both of them should serve tea and may have tea art (Tao of Tea). As for the
type of tea, I would recommend Tie Guan Yin (铁观音).

See attached map. There is a pedestrian bridge connecting the west (left)
and east (right) side of the overbridge. So, don't worry.

Hongyu

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On
Behalf Of Ed Jankiewicz
Sent: Thursday, November 04, 2010 4:19 PM
To: Sandra Murphy
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [79attendees] any good tea houses near by

---

From: "Gunter Van de Velde (gvandeve)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 Nov 2010 10:51:08 +0100

I will be scavenging for dragon balls...
It’s the best Jasmine tea I ever had and bought it few years back at a tea friendship teahouse... I want more of those now :-)

Any idea where and how?

G/

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Hongyu Li
Sent: Thursday, November 04, 2010 10:41 AM
To: 'Ed Jankiewicz'; 'Sandra Murphy'
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [79attendees] any good tea houses near by

I found two tea house nearby. There are only 400 meters between Shangri-La and Option A. She De Tea Art (舍得茶艺馆, means give and get). Option B is Zi Yun Tea House (Purple Rhyme紫韵茶院).

Both of them should serve tea and may have tea art (Tao of Tea). As for the type of tea, I would recommend Tie Guan Yin (铁观音).

See attached map. There is a pedestrian bridge connecting the west (left) and east (right) side of the overbridge. So, don't worry.

Hongyu

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Ed Jankiewicz
Sent: Thursday, November 04, 2010 4:19 PM
To: Sandra Murphy
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [79attendees] any good tea houses near by

my first attempt at the airport got me a lipton tea bag.  I was more interested in break a 100RMB to have change for the taxi than I was in the tea.

I am looking forward to both espresso and tea recommendations, as I am a flexible caffeinator.

---

From: Randall Gellens <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 Nov 2010 17:20:18 -0700

At 5:40 PM +0800 11/4/10, Hongyu Li wrote:

I found two tea house nearby. There are
only 400 meters between Shangri-La

and Option A. She De Tea Art (”qìæíÉ"'¼ð, means give
and get). Option B is

Zi Yun Tea House (Purple RhymeéáËÔíÉâ@).

I don't suppose either of them is non-smoking?

--

Randall Gellens

Opinions are personal;    facts are
suspect;    I speak for myself only

-------------- Randomly selected tag: ---------------

Men and nations may sometimes act rationally when all other

possibilities have been exhausted.