Subject: Re: [80attendees] AT&T Roaming?

From: "DOLLY, MARTIN C (ATTSI)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2011 06:28:13 -0400

I have great signal with O2-CZ

Martin C. Dolly
Sent to you by AT&T... America's Fastest Mobile Broadband Network. Rethink Possible.
+1.609.903.3360

----- Original Message -----
From: [email-masked] <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked] <[email-masked]>
Sent: Sun Mar 27 06:13:01 2011
Subject: [80attendees] AT&T Roaming?

Anyone else having any problems with roaming in Prague with an AT&T phone?  My iPhone worked fine (w/ O2-CZ) in Prague yesterday (and in other places in Europe last week), but I am not getting any service today.

Bob

_______________________________________________
80attendees mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/80attendees

---

From: Ralph Droms <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2011 12:36:56 +0200

+1

---

From: Chris Elliott <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2011 06:57:17 -0400

Bob,

I've been here for a few days, and I've had to reboot my iPhone
running 4.3 several times--probably once every two days. It gets in a
state where it just doesn't see any networks available on GSM. Once I
had to reboot twice. Yuck.

However, I've always been able to restore GSM service this way, and
all is good otherwise, other than trying to not use it much due to the
large cost of international roaming using AT&T.

Chris.

-- 
Chris Elliott
[email-masked]

---

From: Rhys Smith <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2011 13:32:35 +0200

Same here with my UK iPhone (running 4.3) - twice in the last 3 days it seems to have lost signal and then gotten stuck in that state - but after a reboot it picked up the network (O2-CZ) again straight away. Weird.

We're obviously using our iPhones in the wrong way... ;-)

Regards,
Rhys.

--
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Dr Rhys Smith                                   e: [email-masked]
Engineering Consultant: Identity & Access Management  (GPG:0xDE2F024C)
Information Services,
Cardiff University,                            t: +44 (0) 29 2087 0126
39-41 Park Place, Cardiff,                     f: +44 (0) 29 2087 4285
CF10 3BB, United Kingdom.                      m: +44 (0) 7968 087 821
----------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Andrew McGregor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2011 13:59:55 +0200

4.3 seems to have problems... I lose all 3G data within a few minutes if I tether at home, I haven't tried it here. Oddly, SMS and voice continue to work.

Andrew