Subject: [80attendees] Unlocked iPhone4 in the Czech Republic ?

From: "Carlos M. Martinez" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2011 14:04:18 -0300

Hello all,

An acquaintance of mine mentioned that it is possible to buy unlocked
iPhones in the Czech Republic. I was left wondering if it was true and
if someone could point me to a store I could visit.

Warm regards

Carlos

-- 
Carlos M. Martinez
LACNIC I+D
PGP KeyID 0xD51507A2
Phone: +598-2604-2222 ext. 4419

---

From: Ondřej Surý <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2011 18:11:33 +0100

> if someone could point me to a store I could visit.

It's carried by any operator here (Telefónica O2, T-Mobile, Vodafone) or 
you can try to buy it online for better price, f.e.:

http://www.alza.cz/EN/apple-iphone-4-16gb-cerny-d173925.htm
http://www.alza.cz/EN/apple-iphone-4-32gb-cerny-d173927.htm

They have 16GB variant on the stock and you can pick it up not-so-far 
from the hotel (just across the river and short walk)...

Ondrej
-- 
  Ondřej Surý
  vedoucí výzkumu/Head of R&D department
  -------------------------------------------
  CZ.NIC, z.s.p.o.    --    Laboratoře CZ.NIC
  Americka 23, 120 00 Praha 2, Czech Republic
  mailto:[email-masked]    http://nic.cz/
  tel:+420.222745110       fax:+420.222745112
  -------------------------------------------

---

From: Ondřej Surý <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2011 18:40:18 +0100

On 21.3.2011 18:26, Brad Howes wrote:
> On Mar 21, 2011, at 6:11 PM, Ondřej Surý wrote:
>
>> It's carried by any operator here (Telefónica O2, T-Mobile, Vodafone) or you can try to buy it online for better price, f.e.:
>
>
> I tried to buy an unlocked iPhone from O2 and Vodafone back in Oct. but they would only sell with a 6 mo. contract. Perhaps things have changed since then, or it was special to where I tried (Novy Smichov).

I have bought mine from O2 and my carrier is T-Mobile.  (But there's a 
price difference of course...)

Ondrej

---

From: Randall Gellens <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2011 02:57:01 -0700

At 6:11 PM +0100 3/21/11, OndÞej Sur˜ wrote:

On 21.3.2011 18:04, Carlos M. Martinez
wrote:

Hello all,

An acquaintance of mine mentioned that it is possible to buy
unlocked

iPhones in the Czech Republic. I was left wondering if it was true
and

It's carried by any operator here (Telefónica O2, T-Mobile,
Vodafone) or you can try to buy it online for better price, f.e.:

This is 17,000 Czk, which is about $978, which seems rather
high.  It's $659 unlocked in Canada, for example:
http://store.apple.com/ca/browse/home/shop_iphone/family/iphone.

Ondrej

--

OndÞej Sur˜

vedoucí v˜zkumu/Head of R&D department

CZ.NIC, z.s.p.o.    --
LaboratoÞe CZ.NIC

tel:+420.222745110
fax:+420.222745112

_______________________________________________

80attendees mailing list

[email-masked]

https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/80attendees

--

Randall Gellens

Opinions are personal;    facts are
suspect;    I speak for myself only

-------------- Randomly selected tag: ---------------

Money is the root of all evil, and man needs roots

---

From: Michal Krsek <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2011 12:34:44 +0200

Hi all,
I can spare some time for you comparing prices:

Repost from: http://www.ietf.org/registration/MeetingWiki/wiki/ietf80

        Gadget shopping

Please note Czech republic isn't known for cheap hardware or software. 
Most stuff has same price or is more expensive than in Western Europe or 
North America. If you urgently need not a common piece of PC hardware, 
you may visit Alza <http://www.alza.cz/> Cash and carry shop that is on 
the other bank of river from Hilton (remote delivery possible).

Additional: NO iPad2 pieces available in shops in a whole CZ.

                 Michal

P.S: You can find more information on the wiki. If you want some more 
specific local info, just ask - we'll try to answer via wiki.

---

From: Michael Richardson <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2011 10:47:37 +0200

I bought a pair of O2 SIM cars at the O2 store at the Palladium.
It is a few blocks from the Hotel, basically one metro stop west from
the Florenc, but you can walk.  Go down one floor.
The SIM was, as reported before, 300CZ each with a 250 credit, and I
asked to have one IP enabled, and it worked fine in my Android G1.
I had arranged to have the unlock code for my wife's Huawei (WIND
mobile) phone, but I left it at home, but I had brought my old unlocked
RAZR, and gave that to her.

http://maps.google.ca/?ie=UTF8&ll=50.089283,14.425379&spn=0.011496,0.02178&z=16

---

From: Michal Krsek <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2011 11:00:15 +0200

There is O2 store just one block from Hilton (direction Metro station). 
Check the meeting Wiki.

             Michal