Subject: [80attendees] Prepaid SIM card with data access

From: Dhruv Dhody <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2011 15:10:23 +0530

Hi, 

Can any local Czech IETFer help with suggesting the best pre-paid SIM card
[with data access] available in Prague? 

It looks like there are three providers - 

[O2} http://www.o2.cz/osobni/en/internet/166095-internet_v_mobilu.html

[T-mobile]   <http://www.t-mobile.cz/web/en> http://www.t-mobile.cz/web/en

[Vodafone] http://www.vodafone.cz/live_en/index.htm

Thanks & Regards,

Dhruv Dhody

****************************************************************************
***********
Dhruv Dhody, Senior Tecnical Leader, Huawei Tecnologies, Bangalore, India,
Ph. +91-9845062422

This e-mail and attachments contain confidential information from HUAWEI,
which is intended only for the person or entity whose address is listed
above. Any use of the information contained herein in any way (including,
but not limited to, total or partial disclosure, reproduction, or
dissemination) by persons other than the intended recipient's) is
prohibited. If you receive this e-mail in error, please notify the sender by
phone or email immediately and delete it!

---

From: Adam Kral <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2011 10:57:41 +0100

Hi Dhruv

>    Can any local Czech IETFer help with suggesting the best pre-paid SIM
>    card [with data access] available in Prague?
> 
>    [O2}
>    [1]http://www.o2.cz/osobni/en/internet/166095-internet_v_mobilu.html

I suggest O2, prepaid simcard. It's free, but I'm not sure what the minumum
top-up is. Most likely about 300CZK.

Then you can activate internet by texting IVM2 to 999111, which gives you
500MB, and it's billed weekly. Then you just de-activate it using DIVM when
you don't want it anymore. It costs 75CZK/week and the APN is from what I
recall internet or Internet.

The rest of the credit you can use towards public transport, as you can buy
sms ticket, which costs 26CZK+sms price and it's valid for 90minutes. Only
works on czech operators by texting DPT to 90206. Sorry that link is only in
czech: http://www.smsjizdenka.cz/MATicketsDPP/sms/index.do

This is what I use when I'm in Prague :)

Best regards,
Adam