Subject: [80attendees] veg restaurant reviews

From: Scott Brim <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2011 14:11:38 +0200

I'm not sure whether to put these on our wiki, or ask nic.cz to put it
on their pages or what, so I'll just toss them here:

Albio‎
Truhlářská 1119/20
110 00 Prague 1 - Nové Město
222 317 902

10-15 minutes walk.  Good for a quick lunch.  It's primarily a health
food store but there was a crowd for the buffet line they set up for
lunch.  The cost is by weight, 22czk per 100 grams (that's cheap, a
lunch will cost you about 100czk).  Food is vegan and diverse, and
"pretty good" even if it's not haute cuisine.  A non-veg colleague was
quite happy with it.  It's not overly spicy (but they offer hot
sauce).  Beer is non-alcoholic, and water is free.  I wouldn't try to
go gluten-free here.  I would gladly go back for lunch.

Mlsná kavka‎
Sokolovská 327/29
186 00 Prague 8 - Karlín, Czech Republic
777 913 054
mlsnakavka.cz‎

This is a real restaurant and is probably the closest fully vegetarian
one to the Hilton.  The chef is from the Netherlands.  Nice atmosphere
and good diversity.  Some dishes have egg.  I has nasi goreng with
tofu satay in peanut sauce, for about 140czk.  I would gladly go back
again.  I don't know if they have a fast lunch option.

Scott