Subject: [80attendees] Restaurants, patisseries in Prague

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2011 21:17:49 +0200

Hello,

thank you very much for your suggestions about (vegetarian) restaurants
and beer places. We will add it to the list on the website www.ietf80.cz
by tomorrow.

I am sorry I am replying late...I have been a bit busy at the CZ.NIC booth
where I was distributing t-shirts and special presents. Hope you liked the
surprise you could find inside the cd box :-) So for you (and not only)
who liked it I have some ideas about places you can visit in Prague.

There is a good ice cream nearby the Hilton hotel - Ovocny Svetozor
Karlin, the address is Sokolovska 22.

After nice walk at Letna Parc you can visit Erhart Cafe:
http://www.erhartcafe.cz/en/index.html .

There is really special place in the centre of Prague, Patisserie Saint
Tropez, Vodickova 30. A unique combination of traditional Czech and French
confectionary art.

Bon appetit,
Anna
CZ.NIC

---

From: Joe Touch <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2011 20:56:01 -0700

Last time I was here it was closer to Easter, and there were vendors in 
the square selling trdelnik.

Ca anyone recommend a good bakery for them, esp. suitable for travel?

Joe

---

From: Richard Barnes <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2011 06:12:31 +0200

There are trdelnik vendors in the Namesty Republiky, or at least there
were on Saturday when I was down there.  Definitely packaged for
eating, not for traveling, though.

--Richard

On Mon, Mar 28, 2011 at 5:56 AM, Joe Touch <[email-masked]> wrote:
> Last time I was here it was closer to Easter, and there were vendors in the
> square selling trdelnik.
>
> _______________________________________________
> 80attendees mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/80attendees
>

---

From: Anna Filínová <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2011 08:34:19 +0200

Hello,

trdelnik is more Slovak product :-) just popular in Prague...and really good to eat it fresh...

When you are looking for some Czech traditional sweet to take back home with you as a present, we would recommend Lazenske oplatky you can get at any shop/supermarket.

Btw...when you are looking for some nice present for your children, these days is really popular one Czech - Krtek: http://www.frequency.com/video/krtek-little-mole-to-take-ride-in-space/3630735 ...you can find him at any toy-shop.

Anna

---

From: Randall Gellens <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2011 10:14:25 -0700

I'm going to try for a strudel run, since it was so good last time.

Susta Strudl

http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/68attendees/current/msg00176.html

-- 
Randall Gellens
Opinions are personal;    facts are suspect;    I speak for myself only
-------------- Randomly selected tag: ---------------
Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please.
--Mark Twain