Subject: [82all] Public WLAN in Taipei airport has IPv6 enabled ;)

From: Jouni Korhonen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2011 09:38:12 +0200

Just heads up that the public & free WLAN access provided by HiNet (Chunghwa
Telecom) in Taipei airport has IPv6 enabled ;) I was somewhat surprised..

- Jouni

Desktop/: ifconfig en1
en1: flags=8863<UP,BROADCAST,SMART,RUNNING,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST> mtu 1500
    ether 00:26:bb:18:6e:9c
    inet6 fe80::226:bbff:fe18:6e9c%en1 prefixlen 64 scopeid 0x5
    inet6 2001:b042:2000:1:226:bbff:fe18:6e9c prefixlen 64 autoconf
    inet 220.137.253.78 netmask 0xfffffe00 broadcast 220.137.253.255
    media: autoselect
    status: active
Desktop/: ping6 2001:1bc8:101:f100::1
PING6(56=40+8+8 bytes) 2001:b042:2000:1:226:bbff:fe18:6e9c -->
2001:1bc8:101:f100::1
16 bytes from 2001:1bc8:101:f100::1, icmp_seq=0 hlim=52 time=336.450 ms
16 bytes from 2001:1bc8:101:f100::1, icmp_seq=1 hlim=52 time=337.846 ms
16 bytes from 2001:1bc8:101:f100::1, icmp_seq=2 hlim=52 time=362.481 ms
16 bytes from 2001:1bc8:101:f100::1, icmp_seq=3 hlim=52 time=401.915 ms
^C
--- 2001:1bc8:101:f100::1 ping6 statistics ---
4 packets transmitted, 4 packets received, 0.0% packet loss
round-trip min/avg/max/std-dev = 336.450/359.673/401.915/26.495 ms