Subject: [87attendees] Security people?

From: "Hosnieh Rafiee" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2013 19:36:17 +0200

Any security guys here? I think it is good to know more people (newcomers or
old IETFers) who are interested in security. I would like to know more
people who are concerned about security and work in this area. If you are
available, let's meet and get to know one another better.

I am also interested in finding people who are familiar with Secure Neighbor
Discovery (SeND). I have a good proposal which will improve SeND and I am
looking forward to finding security people who are interested in this
discussion topic specifically and in security topics in general.

If you are, just ping me and we can meet and get to know each other :-). Of
course I do not know all the security guys who attended in IETF, so I look
forward to the opportunity of meeting more of you.

Thanks, 
Best,
Hosnieh

---

From: Randall Gellens <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2013 12:18:12 -0700

>  available, let's meet and get to know one another better.

Have you gone to any Security Area meetings?  You might especially 
try SAAG on Thursday, but really, I'd expect that pretty much any 
Security Area session to have at least a few security people around. 
Not to mention many other sessions :-)

Also, look for anyone eating a lot of cookies and speaking really, 
really fast.  Those seem to be associated with being a security 
person.

-- 
Randall Gellens
Opinions are personal;    facts are suspect;    I speak for myself only
-------------- Randomly selected tag: ---------------
Man is a rational animal who always loses his temper when he is
called upon to act in accordance with the dictates of reason.
                                                  --Oscar Wilde

---

From: Derek Atkins <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2013 15:22:23 -0700

> really fast.  Those seem to be associated with being a security 

Not all of speak at > 0.5 EKRs!

Hosnieh, as Randall suggests, you will find many a security person at
many of the SEC area WG meetings.  Go into them and look for people with
Blue or Yellow dots for starters.  Of just strike up a conversation with
most anyone in the room.

Looking forward to meeting you,

-derek

---

From: "Hosnieh Rafiee" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2013 07:16:12 +0200

> Have you gone to any Security Area meetings?  You might especially try
SAAG
I will make an appearance there and see what I can learn. Thanks. :-)

> On Thursday, but really, I'd expect that pretty much any Security Area
session to
> have at least a few security people around.
> Also, look for anyone eating a lot of cookies and speaking really, really
fast.
> Those seem to be associated with being a security person.
> 
> 
Hum.. I will study people's eating habits tomorrow in order to try to
discern and corral  some security guys. :-) Thanks for the useful guidance.

Best,
Hosnieh

---

From: Edward Lopez <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2013 05:24:27 +0000

This is my first time attending, and I am very interested in security conversations.

Cheers!
Ed Lopez

Sent from my iPhone ... Sorry for any auto-correct errors

On Jul 30, 2013, at 7:16 AM, "Hosnieh Rafiee" <[email-masked]> wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> 87attendees mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/87attendees

***  Please note that this message and any attachments may contain confidential 
and proprietary material and information and are intended only for the use of 
the intended recipient(s). If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby 
notified that any review, use, disclosure, dissemination, distribution or copying 
of this message and any attachments is strictly prohibited. If you have received 
this email in error, please immediately notify the sender and destroy this e-mail 
and any attachments and all copies, whether electronic or printed.
Please also note that any views, opinions, conclusions or commitments expressed 
in this message are those of the individual sender and do not necessarily reflect 
the views of Fortinet, Inc., its affiliates, and emails are not binding on 
Fortinet and only a writing manually signed by Fortinet's General Counsel can be 
a binding commitment of Fortinet to Fortinet's customers or partners. Thank you. ***

---

From: Randall Gellens <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2013 00:15:30 -0700

>  Not all of speak at > 0.5 EKRs!

I wasn't suggesting that *all* security people have these 
characteristics, only that these characteristics do seem associated 
with security people :-)

-------------- Randomly selected tag: ---------------
Isn't it strange that the same people that laugh at gypsy fortune
tellers take economists seriously?

---

From: Stephen Kent <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2013 05:06:13 -0400

I would have replied sooner, but my hands were covered with cookie 
crumbs and I
didn't want a messy keyboard ...

---

From: Laurent Forogo <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2013 11:27:24 +0200

Hello Stephen,

Thank you for your security post.I'm not in Berlin but very interested for
this one.
I hope to hear you soon.

FOROGO

2013/7/30 Stephen Kent <[email-masked]>

> I would have replied sooner, but my hands were covered with cookie crumbs
> and I
>> characteristics, only that these characteristics do seem associated with
>> security people :-)
>>
>>
> ______________________________**_________________
> 87attendees mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/**listinfo/87attendees<https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/87attendees>
>

---

From: "Hosnieh Rafiee" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2013 00:19:21 +0200

>I wasn't suggesting that *all* security people have these characteristics,
only that these characteristics do seem associated with security people :-)

I guess I am not good at this. I could not identify even one of whom has
this characteristics so that I can ask whether he/she works in security
area... 

Hosnieh

---

From: "Anca Zamfir (ancaz)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2013 06:35:44 +0000

It has a broken screen. Please let me know if you found one.
thanks,
-anca