Subject: [87attendees] Agenda of the Online Games Traffic Tutorial

From: "Jose Saldana" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Jul 2013 11:46:15 +0200

Hi all,

Some people asked me about the place and time of the Online Games Traffic
Tutorial at IETF Berlin.

It will be included in the Transport Area Open Meeting, on Thursday Morning.

THURSDAY, August 1, 2013, 10:35 AM, Potsdam 3 room,
<https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/87/agenda/tsvarea/>
https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/87/agenda/tsvarea/

The session is about the traffic generated by online games. You can see a
"promotional video" here:

 <http://youtu.be/_G96ULX7Iak> http://youtu.be/_G96ULX7Iak (if you cannot
watch the video here, see the links below)

Some questions we would try to answer:

- How is the traffic generated by online games?
- What protocols do they use?
- What is the average packet size of the traffic of that games?

- How many people play online games in the World?

- What is the effect of delay and packet loss on online games?

- Is it possible to beat your son on the Playstation? How? (well, this is a
very difficult question.)

During the session we will not only talk, but we will also play some games
(one belonging to each of the main game genres), in order to capture the
traffic and to show the effect of delay and packet loss on the playability.

It will also be possible for some of the attendants to run an online car
race with us during the session (we need 6 or 7 volunteers). The session
will last 1 hour. The exact day will be announced soon.

Jose Saldana

University of Zaragoza.

PS: If you cannot see the video on the link, you can download it from here:

 <https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/67016195/games_berlin_1.mp4>
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/67016195/games_berlin_1.mp4

 <https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/67016195/games_berlin_1.wmv>
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/67016195/games_berlin_1.wmv

<https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/67016195/games_berlin_1_320x240_iphone.
mp4>
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/67016195/games_berlin_1_320x240_iphone.m
p4

 <https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/67016195/games_berlin_1_lowres.mov>
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/67016195/games_berlin_1_lowres.mov

 <https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/67016195/games_berlin_1_lowres.wmv>
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/67016195/games_berlin_1_lowres.wmv

 <https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/67016195/games_berlin_1_med_res.mp4>
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/67016195/games_berlin_1_med_res.mp4