Subject: [87attendees] Shopping, Fashion and Gifts in Berlin

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 20 Jul 2013 14:04:45 +0200

Hi,

Here are some shopping recommendations you might find helpful (note: most of the shops are closed
on sundays):

Electronics:
- Conrad Electronics is in walking distance from the hotel (5-10 Minutes):
  http://www.conrad.de/ce/de/ChainstoreInfo.html?detail&chainstorecode=CS_DE_B_Schoeneberg

  Large Electronic Shops are also located at Alexanderplatz: "Saturn" and "Mediamarkt". Take the
  underground from Zoo to Alexanderplatz (15 Minutes). Mediamarkt and Saturn are more focussed
  on consumer electronics, Conrad has also a large selection of electronic components (if you need a
  transistor or resistor in case you broke your laptop ;)

  - Mediamarkt can be found in the "Alexa Shopping Mall":
    http://www.mediamarkt.de/mcs/market/Media-Markt-Berlin-Mitte,68362,-3.html

  - Saturn @ Alexanderplatz:
    http://www.saturn.de/mcs/market/Saturn-Berlin-Alexanderplatz,17261,-3.html

  - There is also an Apple Store at Kurfürstendamm (walking distance or Bus):
    http://www.apple.com/de/retail/kurfuerstendamm/

Please note that Alexanderplatz is quite a large Underground and S-Bahn stop with many different exits.

If you want to go shopping in Berlin and if you are looking for things and fashion which are typical for the city,
my recommendation is that you simply walk up (and down) Kastanienallee with a side trip to
Oderbergerstrasse (U-Bahn Stop "Eberswalderstrasse"). There are plenty of shops with Berlin Fashion and
small gifts:

  - Luxus International:
    http://www.360berlin.net/luxus-international

  - Who Killed Bambi
     http://www.360berlin.net/who-killed-bambi

  - Uhranus:
     http://www.360berlin.net/uhranus

  - Recyling Deluxe
    http://www.360berlin.net/recycling-deluxe

  - Makers Market (Outdoor, Sundays and check website)
    http://makersmarket.de

and many more. There also many shops around Hackescher Markt (take the "S-Bahn" from Zoo);
and don't forget to visit Hackesche Höfe. Major attractions usually have also gift shops scattered
around the attraction.

KaDeWe ("Kaufhaus des Westens") is the largest department store in continental Europe and in
walking distance. They have a very large Gourmet Floor which is really worth a visit:
http://www.kadewe.de/en/home_english/

  have fun

      Nic

---

From: Christer Holmberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 20 Jul 2013 12:41:01 +0000

Hi,

At Potsdamer Platz is the Sony Center, where you can find a Sony Store, other shops, restaurants and entertainment venues - and a Lego Discovery Center, in case you bring kids.

http://www.sonycenter.de/en

Regards,

Christer

Lähettäjä: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] Puolesta [email-masked]
Lähetetty: 20. heinäkuuta 2013 15:05
Vastaanottaja: [email-masked]
Aihe: [87attendees] Shopping, Fashion and Gifts in Berlin

Hi,

Electronics:

  - Luxus International:

  - Who Killed Bambi

  - Uhranus:

  - Recyling Deluxe

  have fun

      Nic

---

From: Eric Burger <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 20 Jul 2013 17:46:07 -0400

Mind posting this stuff on the Meeting Wiki?

On Jul 20, 2013, at 8:41 AM, Christer Holmberg <[email-masked]> wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> 87attendees mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/87attendees