Subject: [87attendees] water, trains, and bridges

From: Peter Koch <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Jul 2013 09:44:42 +0200

Warning: the following text contains and combines the words 'train', 'travel',
and 'IETF'.  Reader discretion is advised.



For those of you traveling to the Berlin IETF on a train from west of
the Elbe river (e.g., from Frankfurt, Köln/Cologne, Düsseldorf, or Hannover)
please note that the infrastructure is still suffering from the floods of 
early June.  Continuing damage assessment for tracks and railway control centers
(signaling infrastructure) is forcing trains on a detour, incurring delays 
of 60 to 90 minutes.
Deutsche Bahn has been taking this into account for the online journey 
planner and booking system with an interim schedule through 19 July.  

It was just communicated in the press, alas not yet on DB's website, 
that the return to normal schedule will not happen before 28 July.

I'll share pointers to official updates asap.

-Peter (just another train traveler, literally)

---

From: Peter Koch <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Jul 2013 18:24:01 +0200

> I'll share pointers to official updates asap.

Trains will continue to run on interim schedule until 28 July.
At the moment, the online journey planner does not yet reflect
those changes for 19 - 28 July, so please re-check regularly.
Starting 29 July, an amended interim schedule will come into effect.

<http://www.bahn.com/i/view/GBR/en/flooding_in_austria_and_germany.shtml>

Enjoy the ride (and the prolonged experience)!

-Peter