Subject: [87attendees] Interesting scam

From: Michael StJohns <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Jul 2013 16:35:06 -0400

I'm doing a transfer through Brussels airport on my way from IAD to TXL 
and was doing my normal research (e.g. just how much of a pain is it to 
get from the inbound to the outbound).  I found a pretty nice pamphlet 
on the Brussels airport website explaining how to get from B 
(non-schengen) to A (schengen) gates.  However, that pamplet is hosted 
by issuu.com.  It displayed the pamphlet as a flash, and after a bit I 
figured out how to request a download.

But the only way you can get a download (and subsequently print) the 
pamphlet is to either login via facebook or create an issuu.com 
account.  At least it was free, but there's yet another site that is 
going to be spamming me for years.

I'm not sure why I should be required to give my contact information to 
get a document prepared by the Brussels airport for Brussels 
passengers.   I'm not quite sure why the airport website didn't just 
have a link to a PDF.  Seems extremely anti-privacy for the EU marketplace.

If anyone else needs transfer information for Brussels from B to A, I'm 
happy to send along the PDF.

Mike

---

From: Scott Brim <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Jul 2013 22:44:29 +0000

Transfers at BRU are well signed. I've done it the other way, gate to gate, in 20 minutes.  :-) 

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

-----Original Message-----
From: Michael StJohns <[email-masked]>
To: "<[email-masked]>" <[email-masked]>
Sent: Fri, 19 Jul 2013 13:35
Subject: [87attendees] Interesting scam

Mike

_______________________________________________
87attendees mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/87attendees

---

From: Randy Bush <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Jul 2013 16:25:06 -0700

> happy to send along the PDF.

they do not ask you to register to read the signs

and it is all just to force you to go by the chocolate shops

randy