Subject: [89attendees] Train recap

From: Andy Bierman <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2014 16:32:53 -0800

Hi,

Sorry for missing these details earlier...

It seems the Heathrow Express generally runs every 15 minutes
from Heathrow to Paddington, and the cost for 1 adult w/return is 34.00
HE does not take the Oyster card.

    https://www.heathrowexpress.com/tickets-deals/prices-fares

The Heathrow Connect generally runs every 30 minutes
from Heathrow to Paddington, and the cost for 1 adult w/open return is 19.80

    https://www.heathrowconnect.com/booking/ticket-selection

HC does take the Oyster card for this route.
Do I have this right?

Andy

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: 25 Feb 2014 01:46:10 -0000

>HC does take the Oyster card for this route.

Unfortunately, no.  You can use Oyster for travel among all stops
between Paddington and Hayes&Harlington, but not the last leg from
Hayes&Harlington and Heathrow.  The serious cheapskate will buy a
£5.90 ticket from Heathrow to H&H, then hop off, tap in with an
Oyster, and get back on (probably a later train) to Paddington.

Or you can buy a through Heathrow-Paddington for £9.90.

R's,
John