Subject: [89attendees] geonet and IEEE 1609 - left over open item for ietf88

From: Robert Moskowitz <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2014 09:35:14 -0500

Going through my notes from last meeting, I remember that at the Geonet 
BOF I pointed out that IEEE 1609 was an important document for this 
work. One person spoke up that as the liason from 1609 he would make the 
document(s) available.

Has this been done?

I only have a draft copy of 1609.2

---

From: Alexandru Petrescu <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2014 16:10:42 +0100

Hello,

Le 24/02/2014 15:35, Robert Moskowitz a écrit :
> _______________________________________________
> 89attendees mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/89attendees
>
>

Thanks for the reminder.

I will ask separately the IEEE liaison.

For information,

The geonet BoF is diverging from IEEE relationships, as geographical 
dissemination and goods tracking seem plausible use-cases.  We will meet 
incognito to narrow down the charter of geography and networking on 
Monday at 20h.

On another hand, the IPv6-over-802.11p draft will be presented in the 
6MAN WG session for 5 minutes.  This direction, if pursued, would 
immediately need the P1609 documents.

Alex