Subject: [91all] Dave Ward on Open Standards, Open Source, Open Loop - Thursday!

From: Ray Pelletier <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 9 Nov 2014 20:12:35 -1000

All;

Thursday hear Dave Ward speak on Open Standards, Open Source, Open Loop

Dave is the Senior Vice President, Chief Architect & CTO - Engineering for Cisco.

Thursday, 13 November 2014
Time: 12:00 – 12:45
Room: Coral 2

Talk will be about the relationship between Open Standards and Open Source. As 
more and more functionality is being placed into Open Source without standardization, 
how should SDOs interact with developers and deployers of Open Source? There are 
claims that Open Source defines the industries "de facto Standards." Where could we 
go from here?

Dave Ward, Senior Vice President, Chief Architect & CTO - Engineering

Dave Ward is Chief Architect at Cisco Systems, responsible for architectural governance, 
defining strategy, development of new technology and leading use-inspired research. 
Working via tight partnerships with customers, partners, developers and academia he is 
also leading co-development and co-innovation initiatives. He has been the Routing Area 
Director at the IETF and chair of four Working Groups: IS-IS, HIP, BFD and Softwires, and 
worked with the ITU-T, ONF and several Open Source Consortium. Dave was also a Juniper 
Fellow and Chief Architect working on the operating system and next-generation routing 
systems. Dave has a small vineyard in the Santa Cruz Mountains, and an heirloom tomato 
farm along the St. Croix River in Somerset, Wisconsin.

Lunch

Lunch will NOT be provided.
Note: Grab-n-Go lunch is available for purchase at the Pronto Pickle located at the Ali’i 
Tower, Pronto Pickle II located at the Paradise Pool, and Fresh Connection located at the 
Ali'i Tower.