Subject: [93attendees] Electrical outlets in rooms at the Hilton?

From: Dave Dolson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 2015 23:04:32 +0000

Internet search tells me that Type C and E plugs are used in the Czech republic.
http://www.iec.ch/worldplugs/typeC.htm
http://www.iec.ch/worldplugs/typeE.htm

Does the Hilton have any other types, or universal types, for travelers?

Will IETF provide other types on power-bars in the conference rooms?

Thanks,
-Dave

---

From: Toerless Eckert <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 2015 16:21:11 -0700

Haven't been at the Hilton, but only seen E at walls and
plugs C or E as to be expected. Every useful universal adapter kit
should have an adapter to C as that will work all over europe (and beyond).

Only problem with simple C (eg: shaver) cable is when you have some
power supply/notebook grounding designs that depend on the third grounding
pin. Eg: when i use a C cable or adapter in my MBP power adapters, i get
ground loop hum leaking into VoIP calls badly. But i just run from batteries
then and avoid having to carry different 3-pin adapters for a lot more countries.

Cheers
    Toerless

> _______________________________________________
> 93attendees mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/93attendees

-- 
---
Toerless Eckert, [email-masked]

---

From: Benson Schliesser <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Jul 2015 18:08:46 +0200

My hotel room at the Hilton Prague appears to have type E and F outlets.
I've successfully plugged in a type C adapter to both of these.

I don't know what the conference venue will have, in terms of power strips
etc.

-Benson