Subject: [93attendees] Intercontinental internet

From: Stephen Botzko <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 19 Jul 2015 09:40:13 -0400

Does anyone know what internet service is included in the IETF room block
at the continental?  The IETF web page says "guest-room high-speed wireless
Internet access."

What you actually get is ~1 mbit service, with the ability to purchase 5
mbits for 790 cz per day.  There's ethernet in the hotel room, but that
requires purchasing the 5 mbit service.

At check-in I was told the premium service is *not* included, but I thought
that was worth confirming.

Stephen

---

From: "Marc Blanchet" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 19 Jul 2015 15:43:31 +0200

usually, it is in the hotel venue that is included. Sometimes, the 
secretariat does negotiate deals for other hotels, but my understanding 
is that it is not always.

Marc.

On 19 Jul 2015, at 15:40, Stephen Botzko wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> 93attendees mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/93attendees

---

From: Stephen Botzko <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 19 Jul 2015 09:47:50 -0400

>>>usually, it is in the hotel venue that is included.
I do understand that the IETF doesn't take over the overflow hotel network.

The "high speed internet included" statement is made on the IETF web page
for the Intercontinental. That's rather vague, so I was wondering exactly
what was negotiated.

Stephen

On Sun, Jul 19, 2015 at 9:43 AM, Marc Blanchet <[email-masked]>
wrote:

> secretariat does negotiate deals for other hotels, but my understanding is
> that it is not always.
>
> Marc.
>