Subject: [93attendees] Bar-BOF about traffic optimization with Simplemux

From: "Jose Saldana" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 2015 12:10:59 +0200

Hi all,

Next Wednesday at 19.40 we are having an informal Bar-BOF about traffic
optimization with Simplemux.

We will meet at the hotel reception and then we will move to a real bar.

A summary about Simplemux is here:
http://www.slideshare.net/josemariasaldana/simplemux-a-generic-multiplexing-
protocol. In fact, these are the slides to be used in the presentation at
GAIA session in Prague next Wednesday 9.00:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/93/agenda/gaia/ 

Simplemux is a lightweight protocol designed for creating a tunnel of
multiplexed packets. We have built an implementation:
https://github.com/TCM-TF/simplemux.

When combined with ROHC compression, significant savings can be obtained as
e.g. a 45% bandwidth reduction when multiplexing a number of RTP VoIP flows
together.

The idea of the Bar-BOF is to give a more detailed explaining about
Simplemux, and to show the protocol running between a set of (virtual)
machines.

The implementation has been built in C, and it can even run in a low-cost
Access Point running OpenWRT.

Best regards,

Jose Saldana

PS: If you don't know me, I will be wearing a T-Shirt of IETF'87 Berlin next
Wednesday. If you cannot attend the Bar-BOF but you are interested on
Simplemux, do not hesitate to write me

---

From: "Jose Saldana" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 2015 16:42:33 +0200

Hi,

Since there is another Bof at the same time, the Simplemux BoF will be:

Thursday 20:15. Registration Desk. (You may lose half the bits & bytes)

If anyone cannot attend it, please send me an e-mail and we can talk.

Sorry for the changes,

Jose

De: 93attendees [ <mailto:[email-masked]>
mailto:[email-masked]] En nombre de Jose Saldana
Enviado el: lunes, 20 de julio de 2015 12:11
Para:  <mailto:[email-masked]> [email-masked]
Asunto: [93attendees] Bar-BOF about traffic optimization with Simplemux

Hi all,

A summary about Simplemux is here:
<http://www.slideshare.net/josemariasaldana/simplemux-a-generic-multiplexing
-protocol>
http://www.slideshare.net/josemariasaldana/simplemux-a-generic-multiplexing-
protocol. In fact, these are the slides to be used in the presentation at
GAIA session in Prague next Wednesday 9.00:
<https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/93/agenda/gaia/>
https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/93/agenda/gaia/ 

Simplemux is a lightweight protocol designed for creating a tunnel of
multiplexed packets. We have built an implementation:
<https://github.com/TCM-TF/simplemux> https://github.com/TCM-TF/simplemux.

Best regards,

Jose Saldana