Subject: [93attendees] Political rallies in Wenceslas Square 18 July

From: John Dowdell <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 2015 13:31:42 +0100

Hi all

It's just been brought to my attention that there are rival political 
rallies scheduled for the afternoon of Saturday 18 July in Wenceslas Square.

See 
http://www.romea.cz/en/news/czech/czech-capital-won-t-allow-second-demonstration-against-xenophobia-because-of-timing-clash-with-anti-immigrant-event

John

---

From: Petr Spacek <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 2015 15:18:45 +0200

On 17.7.2015 14:31, John Dowdell wrote:
> Hi all
> 
> It's just been brought to my attention that there are rival political rallies
> scheduled for the afternoon of Saturday 18 July in Wenceslas Square.
> 
> See

I would like to mention that Czech 'rallies' are usually quite calm.

You can see and hear people gathering and walking across the city but that is
it. Police does not fire into people etc. :-)

-- 
Petr Spacek

---

From: Cathy Almond <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 18 Jul 2015 20:28:15 +0100

> it. Police does not fire into people etc. :-)

I walked past them - twice - this afternoon.  Lots of speaking and
cheering - and two groups waving banners and separated by a line of
police.  It didn't feel tense.  The tourists stood (or sat, with food at
nearby restaurants) around and watched.

---

From: Alexandre PETRESCU <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 19 Jul 2015 13:33:09 +0200

Hi,

Reading the string in that URL... a similar double rally was held 
yesterday in Australia(!).

Is this a worldwide event?

Alex