Subject: [93attendees] Laundry service by the kilo with pickup/delivery

From: Randall Gellens <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 2015 08:19:45 -0700

I have confirmed with the concierge that there is a local laundry 
service that will pickup and deliver laundry, and charge by the kilo:

Pradelna Laundry-express charge per kilos

LAUNDRY DELIVERY

Personal laundry 0,0 - 0,5 kg 	290,-
Personal laundry 0,5 - 2,0 kg 	450,-
Personal laundry 2,0 - 4,0 kg	 650,-
Personal laundry 4,0 - 6,0 kg	 800,-
Personal laundry 6,0 - 8,0 kg        950,-

Costs include washing, ironing (except for shirts - 1pc 20 CZK and 
other complex pieces - dresses, suits etc. based on agreement) and 
delivery service.
Prices are final. Do not pay VAT.

Laundry pick up and delivery is available daily from 9 am to 7 pm. 
Delivery time depends on guests` needs and frequency of orders.

-- 
Randall Gellens
Opinions are personal;    facts are suspect;    I speak for myself only
-------------- Randomly selected tag: ---------------
An old physics joke recounts that Werner Heisenberg (of the uncertainty
principle) is pulled over by the police for speeding one night. The
police officer asks the professor, "Do you have any idea how fast you
were going?" Heisenberg replies, "No, but I know exactly where I am."

---

From: Ralph Droms <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 2015 13:27:36 -0400

Randall - Thanks for passing along that information.  Was there any guarantee of next day delivery?

- Ralph

> On Jul 14, 2015, at 11:19 AM 7/14/15, Randall Gellens <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> I have confirmed with the concierge that there is a local laundry service that will pickup and deliver laundry, and charge by the kilo:
> 
> Costs include washing, ironing (except for shirts - 1pc 20 CZK and other complex pieces - dresses, suits etc. based on agreement) and delivery service.
> Laundry pick up and delivery is available daily from 9 am to 7 pm. Delivery time depends on guests` needs and frequency of orders.
> 
> -- 
> Randall Gellens
> _______________________________________________
> 93attendees mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/93attendees

---

From: Randall Gellens <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 2015 11:53:27 -0700

Hi Ralph (and anyone else interested),

I've emailed the laundry owner directly to try and nail down the 
turnaround time, but I suspect it depends on how busy he is and if 
the customer expresses a need for same-day, next-day, or 2nd-day 
service.

-------------- Randomly selected tag: ---------------
In Germany they came first for the Communists, and I didn't speak up
because I wasn't a Communist.  Then they came for the Jews, and I
didn't speak up because I wasn't a Jew.  They came for the trade
unionists, I didn't speak up because I wasn't a trade unionist.  Then
they came for Catholics, and I didn't speak up because I was a
Protestant.  Then they came for me, and by that time no one was left
to speak up.                                        --Martin Niemoell

---

From: "Fred Baker (fred)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 2015 19:55:47 +0000

I take it this is from the Hilton?

> On Jul 14, 2015, at 5:19 PM, Randall Gellens <[email-masked]> wrote:
>

---

From: Randall Gellens <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 2015 16:13:23 -0700

>  I take it this is from the Hilton?

The laundry service is independent and will pick-up/drop-off anywhere 
in their service area.  See http://www.laundry-express.cz/en

>  Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
>  Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="signature.asc"
>  Content-Type: application/pgp-signature; name="signature.asc"
>  Content-Description: Message signed with OpenPGP using GPGMail
>
>  Attachment converted: TiLand:signature 438.asc (    /    ) (0290EF9F)

-------------- Randomly selected tag: ---------------
The accessibility, during recovery of small parts which fall from
the work bench, varies directly with the size of the part -- and
inversely with its importance to the completion of work underway.

---

From: Randall Gellens <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 2015 12:57:54 -0700

The owner of the laundry confirmed that the normal turn-around time 
is "up to 24 hours" but depends on the amount of laundry.

At 11:53 AM -0700 7/14/15, Randall Gellens wrote:

>>>   I have confirmed with the concierge that there is a local 
>>> laundry service that will pickup and deliver laundry, and charge 
>>> by the kilo:
>>>
>>>   Costs include washing, ironing (except for shirts - 1pc 20 CZK 
>>> and other complex pieces - dresses, suits etc. based on 
>>> agreement) and delivery service.
>>>   Laundry pick up and delivery is available daily from 9 am to 7 
>>> pm. Delivery time depends on guests` needs and frequency of 
>>> orders.
>>>
>>>   --
>>>   Randall Gellens

-------------- Randomly selected tag: ---------------
Police Begin Campaign to Run Down Jaywalkers
--Newspaper headline

---

From: "Fred Baker (fred)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 18 Jul 2015 06:31:17 +0000

> On Jul 15, 2015, at 1:13 AM, Randall Gellens <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> The laundry service is independent and will pick-up/drop-off anywhere in their service area. See http://www.laundry-express.cz/en

For the record - I got some translation help from a hotel employee. I was very amused.

The price list says that they do washing, mangling, and several other services. "Mangling" is the translation of "Mandlování" (from the Czech version of the site). The lady I asked didn't know the translation and looked it up on her translation app on her phone - it came up "mangling" there as well.

It turns out that the word means "ironing" or "pressing".

For those for whom English is not a first language, "mangling" in my dictionary is "to severely mutilate, disfigure or damage by cutting, tearing, or crushing". It comes from the same Norman root as "to maim".

I'm pretty sure that the service doesn't intend to maim the laundry :-)

---

From: joel jaeggli <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 18 Jul 2015 08:52:40 +0200

On 7/18/15 8:31 AM, Fred Baker (fred) wrote:
>> The laundry service is independent and will pick-up/drop-off
>> anywhere in their service area. See
>> http://www.laundry-express.cz/en
> 
> The price list says that they do washing, mangling, and several
> other services. "Mangling" is the translation of "Mandlování" (from
> the Czech version of the site). The lady I asked didn't know the
> translation and looked it up on her translation app on her phone -
> it came up "mangling" there as well.
> 

A "mangle" was a machine which presses clothing between rollers. we
would think of them as the pre-dryer "wringer". this is dutch/german,
earlier it was a siege engine.

> For those for whom English is not a first language, "mangling" in
> my dictionary is "to severely mutilate, disfigure or damage by
> cutting, tearing, or crushing". It comes from the same Norman root
> as "to maim".
> 

They hope flatten it, hopefully their tooling is somewhat more modern
or mangled is a likely outcome.

> 
> 
> 
> _______________________________________________ 93attendees mailing
> list [email-masked]