Subject: Re: [95attendees] [95all] Update on IETF-95 and the Zika virus

From: Fernando Gont <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2016 09:57:26 -0300

On 02/15/2016 10:04 PM, IETF Chair wrote:
> You have probably seen news about the Zika virus in Brazil and
> elsewhere. We wanted to let you know that we have asked the IAOC
> meetings committee and the IAOC to track the situation for any
> possible impacts on attendees and the meeting.

FWIW, I've been contacted (since I live in Buenos Aires, I'd assume) by
a number of folks regarding the zika virus. I should say that my
"assessment" is in line with what has been posted by the IETF chair.

 -- not an issue... we're not even using repellent on a daily basis.

P.S.: Usual disclaimers apply: this is a "best effort" comment, I'm not
a health specialist, "use this information at your own risk", etc.

Thanks,
-- 
Fernando Gont
e-mail: [email-masked] || [email-masked]
PGP Fingerprint: 7809 84F5 322E 45C7 F1C9 3945 96EE A9EF D076 FFF1

---

From: "Carlos M. Martinez" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2016 10:30:25 -0300

The situation accross the River Plate (I live in Montevideo, less than
300km away from Buenos Aires as the crow flies) is similar. There have
been less than 10 'imported cases', who were identified and quarantined
for the course of the disease until the patients were discharged.

I agree with Fernando. For us living here, it's a non-issue.

cheers!

-Carlos

---

From: "Carlos M. Martinez" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2016 10:32:15 -0300

cheers!

-Carlos