Subject: Re: [95attendees] IETF 95 - Hotels

From: "Ivancic, William D. (GRC-LCA0)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 2016 22:41:13 +0000

I haven't stayed there, but I was in it, The Hotel Madero.  This hotel is
probably a 15 to 20 minute walk. Very nice safe walk along the water to
the Hilton 1.5 km (.9miles). If I didn't make the Hilton, I probably would
have stayed here simply because I want a gym.

The area between the ocean and the inland water way is very modern and
nice. 

I did stay at the San Telmo Luxury Suites a few years ago.  Very nice and
rather unique.  Bed is in a loft up some stairs.  I really liked it, but
some may not like the Bed being away from the bathroom (stairs at night).
San Telmo has wifi, nice breakfast, but no gym, pool, etc.  That being
said, I loved staying in the old town. The staff were GREAT.  They can get
you a taxi and from the hotel to the Hilton should be fairly short - less
than 10 minutes.  It is walkable, 1.5 miles 2.4 km.

There are a lot of nice similar small hotels in the old city.

I felt safe.  Buy, Beware of pick pockets and opportunity thief like many
large cities.

Finally,  Definitely, definitely take in a professional Tango Show.  It
may seem a bit pricy, but well worth it.

Will