Subject: [97-mentors] TLS / security mentor needed

From: Wesley Eddy <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2016 11:38:58 -0400

Hi, there is a new attendee interested in TLS 1.3 and the security area 
who we need to find a mentor for at IETF 97.  This is their first IETF 
meeting, and they speak English natively. They have experience with 
IEEE, GSM, and the Twin Cities Performance Engineering Roundtable.

Please let me know if you're willing to mentor for him.

Thanks!

---

From: "Charles Eckel (eckelcu)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2016 15:55:22 +0000

Hi Wesley,

If they have a develop background, I suggest you invite them to the hackathon. We have a project dealing with TLS 1.3. Whether or not their mentor participates in this project or the hackathon, we have seen that the hackathon is a great way for newcomers to get plugged in with a manageably sized group of people and objectives and experience IETF from the ground level.

Cheers,
Charles

On 11/2/16, 8:38 AM, "97-mentors on behalf of Wesley Eddy" <[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]> on behalf of [email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>> wrote:

Thanks!

_______________________________________________
97-mentors mailing list
[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/97-mentors

---

From: Wesley Eddy <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 Nov 2016 15:45:26 -0500

Hello, I'm still looking for a volunteer to mentor this person.

On 11/2/2016 11:38 AM, Wesley Eddy wrote:
> Hi, there is a new attendee interested in TLS 1.3 and the security 
> area who we need to find a mentor for at IETF 97. This is their first 
> IETF meeting, and they speak English natively. They have experience 
> with IEEE, GSM, and the Twin Cities Performance Engineering Roundtable.
>