Subject: [98attendees] Eat at Joe's!

From: "McCall, Bede B." <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2017 00:39:09 -0400

Truly terrific and "classic" Chicago place in trivial walking distance 
(10 minutes or less) on N. Michigan ( a couple of blocks away across the 
river). Joe's isn't dirt cheap and has somewhat limited seating, but you 
can get a private room for groups larger than four if you get a 
reservation. Consider that Joe's has been around for over 100 years thus 
far, although they''re part of a larger chain now.

For more than just one or two people, I advise getting a reservation in 
advance, but Thursday's wretched weather forecast could mean less local 
competition for seats, and/or a shorter wait at the very least if you 
don't get a reservation. Service and food are both excellent, provided 
you're into Chicago-style steak/seafood joints in the first place. They 
even have a fairly decent wine/beer list, all things considered, if 
you're not a brewpub or fine dining fan.

Joe's Seafood, Prime Steak & Stone Crab
60 E. Grand Ave
Tel: 312-379-5637
Hours: 11:30AM-11:00PM M-T, 11:30-12:00 F

For us agile pedestrians, Grand Ave is not directly accessible from 
Michigan but there are a couple of easy options:

 1. If traveling on the right-hand side of Michigan (the East side of
    the street). When you see Nordstrom's across the street, there's a
    downward stair with the usual directions "... to Navy Pier". Go down
    the stair, turn left on Grand and follow the underpass beneath
    Michigan. Joe's is on the right just after you exit.
 2.
    If you're on the left-hand side of Michigan, enter Nordstrom's when
    you see it. As you travel through the first floor, you will find
    stairs leading down on the left to the "North Bridge Shops". Take
    the stairs to the eventual exit on Rush/Grand. Joe's is diagonally
    across the street on Grand.

In either case, upon exit it will be easiest to follow the passage on 
Grand under Michigan and up the steps to the East side of Michigan. Go 
straight ahead on Michigan at the top of the stairs and the rest is just 
a short slog.

--Bede McCall <[email-masked]>