Subject: [98attendees] Bad Attitude PechaKucha in Chicago -- Schedule & location

From: "Aaron Falk" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2017 14:53:12 -0400

DATE: 		Thursday, March 30
TIME: 		21:30 - 23:00 (est)
LOCATION: 	Zurich G.
BAR: 		cash, 21:00 - 23:30 (est)
COUNT: 		10

——————————————

A Pecha Kucha is a lightning-talk presentation format, originating in 
Japan, where a speaker presents 20 image-only slides that are each on 
the screen for 20 seconds and advance automatically.  With each talk 
lasting for 6:40, it has the feature of forcing presentations -- good or 
bad -- to be focused and brief.  This is an unofficial event. Topics are 
encouraged to be a IETF-related and satirical or controversial in some 
way, although not mean-spirited.  Anyone can participate in this social 
event.  Video from the Berlin and Seoul PKs can be found 
[here](http://snaggletooth.akam.ai).

Format Details:

* Presentation slots are open to all, assigned first come, first served.
* To reserve a presentation slot, send a name and title to 
[email-masked] and receive confirmation.
* Presenters must agree to adhere to the Pecha Kucha format (20 slides, 
primarily image-only, automatically advancing every 20 seconds).
* There are lots of online tutorials and suggestions for how to make a 
good Pecha Kucha.  Here are a few: [[1](http://www.pechakucha.org/)], 
[[2](http://blog.indezine.com/2012/05/10-tips-to-create-and-present-pecha.html)], 
[[3](https://catherinecronin.wordpress.com/2012/06/13/pecha-kucha/)].

---

From: "Aaron Falk" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2017 16:10:19 -0400

Sigh.  “est” is intended to mean “estimated” not “eastern 
standard time”.

Email is hard.

—aaron

On 22 Mar 2017, at 14:53, Aaron Falk wrote:

> lasting for 6:40, it has the feature of forcing presentations -- good 
> or bad -- to be focused and brief.  This is an unofficial event. 
> Topics are encouraged to be a IETF-related and satirical or 
> controversial in some way, although not mean-spirited.  Anyone can 
> participate in this social event.  Video from the Berlin and Seoul PKs 
> can be found [here](http://snaggletooth.akam.ai).
>
> Format Details:
>
> * Presenters must agree to adhere to the Pecha Kucha format (20 
> slides, primarily image-only, automatically advancing every 20 
> seconds).