Subject: RE: [AAA-DOCTORS] draft-housley-aaa-key-mgmt-06.txt

From: "Nelson, David" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2007 09:53:39 -0500

> I know that this document is edited by Russ Housley and Bernard, but
yet
> I will ask. Did other aaa-doctors review it, is there any comment or
> concern?

I have read previous versions.  In giving this version one final
re-read, I note the following:

This text appears twice in Section 2.  Probably once is enough.

   However, due to ad hoc development of AAA-
   based key management, AAA-based key distribution schemes have poorly
   understood security properties, even when well-studied cryptographic
   algorithms are employed.  More academic research is needed to fully
   understand the security properties of AAA-based key management in the
   diverse protocol environments where it is being employed today.  In
   the absence of research results, pragmatic guidance based on sound
   security engineering principles is needed.

Otherwise, I think this document is fine.

_______________________________________________
AAA-DOCTORS mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/aaa-doctors