Subject: [AAA-DOCTORS] FW: Evaluation: draft-ietf-ippm-delay-var-as-01.txt to Informational RFC

From: "Romascanu, Dan (Dan)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2008 12:46:47 +0100

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ippm-delay-var-as-01.txt

Technical Summary

Packet delay variation metrics appear in many different standards
documents.  The metric definition in RFC 3393 has considerable
flexibility, and it allows multiple formulations of delay variation
through the specification of different packet selection functions.
Although flexibility provides wide coverage and room for new ideas, it
can make comparisons of independent implementations more difficult.  Two
different formulations of delay variation have come into wide use in the
context of active measurements.  This memo examines a range of
circumstances for active measurements of delay variation and their uses,
and recommends which of the two forms is best matched to particular
conditions and tasks.

Working Group Summary

This document was suggested after a talk on this topic at IETF-65.  
There was no controversy in the WG process.  Consensus was smooth.

Personnel

The document shepherd is Henk Uijterwaal ([email-masked]). Lars Eggert
([email-masked]) has reviewed this document for the IESG.

_______________________________________________
AAA-DOCTORS mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/aaa-doctors