Subject: [abfab] Moving the Charter Forward

From: Sean Turner <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 02 Sep 2010 08:43:40 -0400

I reviewed the charter and like it.  I am not sure of all the IESG hot 
buttons wrt new charters, but the new WG charter discussions I have 
observed targeted ensuring that success (or at least initial success) 
could be declared and that there is enough effort to get the work 
done.  I think the 1st paragraph of constraints and the deliverables 
are clear about what needs to gets done first to declare success. 
What I'd like to reconfirm here, on the list, is that there are in 
fact still enough authors and interested reviewers for the 8 WG items 
listed.  So, please indicate your willingness to author a draft and/or 
review particular drafts listed in the charter.

Cheers,

spt

---

From: Josh Howlett <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 2010 16:23:21 +0000

Sean wrote:
> So, please indicate your willingness to author a draft and/or

I am willing to author:

* A document describing applicable use cases. (Dec 2010)

* An architecture document describing how the components of the solution
fit together to address the use cases and open issues that will require
future changes to the architecture (Dec 2010)

* A standards-track protocol for carrying SAML messages in RADIUS and
Diameter (Dec 2011)

* A standards track solution for using EAP methods to provide
authentication within the application (May 2011)

I am willing to review:

* An update to the EAP applicability statement in RFC 3748 describing
the applicability of EAP to application authentication and placing
appropriate requirements on this new EAP use case (May 2011)

* An update to the EMSK root key applicability statement in RFC 5295 (Aug 2011)

* A standards-track description of GSS names and name attributes
required by the solution (Aug 2011)

* Informational descriptions of usability and user-interface concerns
related to this work (Aug 2011)

Josh.

JANET(UK) is a trading name of The JNT Association, a company limited
by guarantee which is registered in England under No. 2881024 
and whose Registered Office is at Lumen House, Library Avenue,
Harwell Science and Innovation Campus, Didcot, Oxfordshire. OX11 0SG

---

From: Nicolas Williams <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 2010 11:34:47 -0500

On Thu, Sep 02, 2010 at 08:43:40AM -0400, Sean Turner wrote:
> I reviewed the charter and like it.  I am not sure of all the IESG
> hot buttons wrt new charters, but the new WG charter discussions I
> have observed targeted ensuring that success (or at least initial
> success) could be declared and that there is enough effort to get
> the work done.  I think the 1st paragraph of constraints and the
> deliverables are clear about what needs to gets done first to
> declare success. What I'd like to reconfirm here, on the list, is
> that there are in fact still enough authors and interested reviewers
> for the 8 WG items listed.  So, please indicate your willingness to
> author a draft and/or review particular drafts listed in the
> charter.

I'm willing to review most documents produced by this WG.

---

From: Linus Nordberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 06 Sep 2010 15:48:15 +0200

Sean Turner <[email-masked]> wrote
Thu, 02 Sep 2010 08:43:40 -0400:

| listed.  So, please indicate your willingness to author a draft and/or
| review particular drafts listed in the charter.

I'm willing to review stuff related to RADIUS/RadSec.

---

From: Eliot Lear <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 06 Sep 2010 15:50:36 +0200

Hi Josh & Sean,

First, I support the charter.

> future changes to the architecture (Dec 2010)

I'd like to assist Josh on the above item.  I personally think December
2010 is a bit aggressive, but perhaps not by much.

Eliot

---

From: Luke Howard <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 Sep 2010 21:52:42 +0200

Hi Sean,

I'm willing to review

Diameter (Dec 2010)

-- Luke

---

From: "Scott Cantor" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 Sep 2010 16:48:41 -0400

I'm willing to contribute to or review:

Diameter

* A standards-track description of GSS names and name attributes required by
the solution

related to this work

My input would principally be in SAML-related areas.

-- Scott

---

From: Daniel Kouril <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 2010 13:16:18 +0200

>From the documents proposed in the charter I'm willing to contribute to
preparation and/or review of:

Daniel

---

From: Rhys Smith <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 2010 18:43:21 +0100

I am happy to contribute towards:

I am willing to review all documents produced by the WG.

Best Regards,
Rhys.
--
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Dr Rhys Smith                                   e: [email-masked]
Engineering Consultant: Identity & Access Management  (GPG:0xDE2F024C)
Information Services,
Cardiff University,                            t: +44 (0) 29 2087 0126
39-41 Park Place, Cardiff,                     f: +44 (0) 29 2087 4285
CF10 3BB, United Kingdom.                      m: +44 (0) 7968 087 821
----------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Dave CROCKER <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 09 Sep 2010 08:43:17 -0700

On 9/2/2010 5:43 AM, Sean Turner wrote:
>What I'd like to reconfirm here, on the list, is that there
> are in fact still enough authors and interested reviewers for the 8 WG items
> listed.

to add to the list record:  I think this is a worthwhile effort and I'd be 
interested in participating.  I'd expect to mostly do that as a reviewer.

d/
-- 

   Dave Crocker
   Brandenburg InternetWorking
   bbiw.net

---

From: Stefan Winter <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2010 09:29:21 +0200

Hi,

> are clear about what needs to gets done first to declare success. What 
> I'd like to reconfirm here, on the list, is that there are in fact 
> still enough authors and interested reviewers for the 8 WG items 

I'm willing to review wg output, particularly anything related to RADIUS.

Greetings,

Stefan Winter

-- 
Stefan WINTER
Ingenieur de Recherche
Fondation RESTENA - Réseau Téléinformatique de l'Education Nationale et de la Recherche
6, rue Richard Coudenhove-Kalergi
L-1359 Luxembourg

Tel: +352 424409 1
Fax: +352 422473

---

From: Simon Josefsson <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2010 13:08:55 +0200

> review particular drafts listed in the charter.

I'll review drafts, and could be talked into authoring too if necessary.
My focus will be on GSS-API, EAP, SAML and the application side.

/Simon