Subject: [abnf-discuss] ABNF syntax highlighting in rfc2629.xslt

From: Julian Reschke <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 May 2018 15:13:57 +0200

FYI: I recently added support for ABNF syntax highlighting to my xml2rfc 
formatter.

Example output:

   <https://greenbytes.de/tech/webdav/rfc5234.html#rfc.section.4>

This uses Google's "prettify", with an extension for IETF ABNF 
(<https://github.com/google/code-prettify/pull/542>).

Feedback appreciated.

Best regards, Julian

---

From: Paul Kyzivat <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 May 2018 11:37:44 -0400

> (<https://github.com/google/code-prettify/pull/542>).

Maybe its just my eyes. I can barely discern the color differences. If I 
really strain I can see that the comments are "red" and the quoted 
strings are perhaps "green". But the differences are subtle - not 
sufficient to help in reading the abnf.

Could you choose colors that have more contrast?

	Thanks,
	Paul

---

From: Julian Reschke <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 May 2018 18:41:19 +0200

On 2018-05-16 17:37, Paul Kyzivat wrote:
>> FYI: I recently added support for ABNF syntax highlighting to my 
>> xml2rfc formatter.
>>
>> Example output:
>>

That's Google's default scheme. AFAIU, the colors are chosen to have 
maximum contrast, that's why they are all relatively dark.

Best regards, Julian