Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-acap-dict-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 1998 08:10:20 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Application Configuration Access Protocol 
Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: ACAP personal dictionary dataset class
	Author(s)	: C. Daboo
	Filename	: draft-ietf-acap-dict-00.txt
	Pages		: 5
	Date		: 12-Mar-98
	
    The Application Configuration Access Protocol [ACAP] is designed to
    support remote storage and access of common application option,
    configuration and preference information.  Its main benefits are in
    providing a way for users to gain access to personal information
    from any computer at a location supporting an internet connection,
    by keeping this information stored centrally on a server.
    Additionally, it allows 'kiosk' style use of computers so that users
    do not need to store data locally on a shared or public workstation
    or network computer. This specification defines a standard dataset
    class for personal dictionaries that would allow users to keep one
    or more 'user dictionaries' stored on an ACAP server for access by
    any ACAP-aware application that requires such information, for
    example any application that uses a spell checker.

Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-acap-dict-00.txt".
A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-acap-dict-00.txt

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
	
	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
		ftp.nis.garr.it
			
	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
	
	US East Coast: ds.internic.net
	
	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-acap-dict-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.