Subject: Re: Simeon, IMSP and addressbook creation.

From: "Matthew Wall" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 13 Dec 1997 16:47:47 -0500

--On Sat, Dec 13, 1997 16:26 -0500 "Roy Smith" <[email-masked]>
wrote: 

> 
> When did this come out?  Is it new?

It was released about a month ago.

ftp://ftp.andrew.cmu.edu/pub/cyrus-mail/cyrus-imspd-v1.5a3.tar.gz

Nice speed optimizations on it as well, btw, in addition to the bug fixes.

Not sure why the release announcement didn't go out on info-cyrus, but
consider it done now. Since I'm being profligate about cross-posting anyway,
I'll cc: the ACAP list as well. There. Done.

We also have a near-final draft of our company guide to IMSP at

ftp://ftp.cyrusoft.com/pub/Mulberry/docs/imsp_guide.pdf

A couple of minor revisions due to be put in over the weekend, but written
to the 1.5a3 server. This is probably better documentation than what comes
with the base IMSP server, all things considered, for simple get-up,
get-going, and administering a production server.

We're going to cross-link to the Cyrus IMSP pages when they next get updated
(they're overdue, and the ACAP pages need to get touched as well to reflect
this last IETF's progress). To be frank, we really should have done an IMSP
guide like this several years ago, but when it got officially sidetracked in
favor of ACAP in standards track, the documentation efforts on the original
Cyrus project fell a bit by the wayside (as can only be expected -- no fun
for developers to document software which may be going nowhere in the long
run -- although if we'd known it would take two full years to finish ACAP,
someone might have been more motivated 8-).

- Matt

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Matthew Wall                       mailto:[email-masked]
Cyrusoft International, Inc.       http://www.cyrusoft.com
Voice: 412 605 0499                Fax: 412 605 0705
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
     Proud Purveyors of the Mulberry IMAP Email Client
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: "Roy Smith" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 13 Dec 1997 17:28:27 -0500

> ftp://ftp.andrew.cmu.edu/pub/cyrus-mail/cyrus-imspd-v1.5a3.tar.gz

Thanks, got it.

I also see some fairly recent versions of ACAP there.  Can you give us a
quickie update on ACAP status?  Should I be running that instead of IMSP in
a production environment, or does the alpha tag on this one really mean it's
alpha?

---

From: "Matthew Wall" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 13 Dec 1997 18:07:13 -0500

--On Sat, Dec 13, 1997 17:28 -0500 "Roy Smith" <[email-masked]>
wrote: 

>  Can you give us a

Rob Earhart from CMU should comment directly about the status of the ACAP
server. The alpha3 is alpha, though, imho, although getting pretty close; he
was saying earlier this week a beta candidate should be ready in January.

- mw