Subject: [Ace] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-gerdes-ace-a2a-00.txt

From: Stefanie Gerdes <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2015 14:37:33 +0100

Hi all,

Please find attached the new version notification for a new draft called 
"Managing the authorization to authorize in the lifecycle of a 
constrained device".

The draft describes how the authorization to authorize can be managed, 
e.g., how it is transferred to a new principal, and what steps are 
required to securely decommission a device.

Comments are very welcome.

Best regards,
Steffi

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-gerdes-ace-a2a-00.txt
Date: Mon, 09 Mar 2015 16:56:13 -0700
From: [email-masked]
To: Stefanie Gerdes <[email-masked]>, Stefanie Gerdes <[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D, draft-gerdes-ace-a2a-00.txt
has been successfully submitted by Stefanie Gerdes and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:		draft-gerdes-ace-a2a
Revision:	00
Title:		Managing the Authorization to Authorize in the Lifecycle of a 
Constrained Device
Document date:	2015-03-09
Group:		Individual Submission
Pages:		7
URL: 
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-gerdes-ace-a2a-00.txt
Status:         https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-gerdes-ace-a2a/
Htmlized:       http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-gerdes-ace-a2a-00

Abstract:
    Constrained nodes are devices which are limited in terms of
    processing power, memory, non-volatile storage and transmission
    capacity.  Due to these constraints, commonly used security protocols
    are not easily applicable.  Nevertheless, an authentication and
    authorization solution is needed to ensure the security of these
    devices.

    During the lifecycle of a constrained device, responsibility for
    managing authorization policies for the constrained device may change
    several times.  To ensure the security of the constrained devices,
    the authorization to authorize must be transferred to the new
    principal in a secure way.

    The Delegated CoAP Authorization Framework (DCAF) specifies how
    resource-constrained nodes can delegate defined authentication- and
    authorization-related tasks to less-constrained devices called
    Authorization Managers, thus limiting the hardware requirements of
    the security solution for the constrained devices.

    This document defines how DCAF can be used to manage the
    Authorization Manager of a constrained device and introduces a
    flexible authorization solution for the whole lifecycle of a
    constrained device.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat