Subject: [Ace] New version of Object Security for CoAP

From: Göran Selander <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2015 14:41:20 +0000

Hi all,

Yesterday we uploaded an updated draft (-01) on object security for CoAP.

The 00-version described a new CoAP option for signatures, containing
essentially a JWS-wrapping of the CoAP message, extended with sequence
numbers for replay protection.

In the 01-version, this is extended by:
- adding a new CoAP option for encryption, handling e.g. JWE-wrapping
- considering other message formats, including e.g. COSE
- providing estimates of sizes of different message formats
- adding a new "mode" for application layer protection, using a given
message format

There are examples, in section 2 illustrating the need for end-to-end
security on CoAP messages and on application layer, and in Appendix D
showing how this solution could be applied.

Comments are appreciated. Here is the draft:

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-selander-ace-object-security-01.t
xt

Best regards,
Göran

On 2015-03-09 20:55, "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
wrote:

>
>A new version of I-D, draft-selander-ace-object-security-01.txt
>has been successfully submitted by Ludwig Seitz and posted to the
>IETF repository.
>
>Name:		draft-selander-ace-object-security
>Revision:	01
>Title:		March 9, 2015
>Document date:	2015-03-09
>Group:		Individual Submission
>Pages:		36
>URL:            
>http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-selander-ace-object-security-01.
>txt
>Status:         
>https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-selander-ace-object-security/
>Htmlized:       
>http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-selander-ace-object-security-01
>Diff:           
>http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-selander-ace-object-security-01
>
>Abstract:
>   This memo presents a scheme for data object security applicable to
>   protection of payload of generic message formats as well as request
>   and response messages of the Constrained Application Protocol (CoAP).
>
>                  
>        
>
>
>Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of
>submission
>until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.
>
>The IETF Secretariat
>