Subject: [Ace] Working Group Status and IETF#93 Preparation

From: Hannes Tschofenig <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 2015 16:35:16 +0200

Hi all,

I just had a chat with Kathleen and I wanted to remind you again about
the upcoming meeting, the preparation you are expected to do, and what
we try to accomplish.

* What are the documents you should be familiar going into the meeting?

We have posted an agenda and in that agenda are various links to
documents that will get discussed:
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/ace/current/msg01196.html

The use case document is currently our only chartered item and needs to
be finished. Some of you have already earlier promised to review it.
Here is my reminder about the pending reviews:
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/ace/current/msg01185.html

Despite the huge interest to have the use case document as a chartered
item in this group there have been surprisingly few reviewers in the
end. Since we ultimately agreed to work on it, we have to finish it as
well.

For this meeting we also have a use case contribution on the agenda that
talks about public safety. Take a look at it and let us know whether you
believe it should be incorporated into the use case document. Here is
the link: -
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-rahman-ace-public-safety-use-case/

At the virtual interim meeting (end of May) we also talked about the
actors document (see <draft-gerdes-ace-actors>).

We got very little feedback on that document. We cannot add this
document to the milestone list with such a low interest, as Kathleen
already expressed during the virtual interim meeting. It is not enough
if just the authors like it.

Hence, I strongly encourage everyone else in the group to look at it.

Finally, we have a couple of solution proposals. Take a brief look at
them to see what you like and what you dislike.

* What are we trying to accomplish?

  - We get enough reviews for the use case document so that we can call
it done.

  - Enough reviews & feedback is provided for the actors document so
that we can decide whether it is worthwhile to change the charter and
add it to the milestone list. If there is no enough input or the
feedback is negative then we just move on to the solutions.

  - Folks read the solution drafts and give us a preference regarding
the direction we should be heading.

To be honest with you, Kathleen is a bit disappointed about the lack of
progress with our work (particularly with the use case document). She
considers shutting down the working group if the situation does not
improve.

Ciao
Hannes