Subject: [Ace] draft-ietf-ace-usecases

From: "Jim Schaad" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 2015 15:41:48 -0400

Section 2.1 -Is it important that vendors have "real-time" information on
the state of the container or is it sufficient to have post-mortem dumps?
Also is it the vendor or the transporter that needs to have some of this
information - since the transporter has a better chance to detect and fix a
problem in transit that the vendor.

Section 2.1.1 - para #2 - May need a requirement to revoke authorization on
a sensor which is out of step with other sensors.  I.e. a single sensor
which is reading hot when all of the others have a good temperature.

Section 2.1.1 - para ? - You need to talk about the possibility that a relay
station in the neighborhood of the bananas may need to be present.  And that
relay station may be provided by the transport company (and change over time
as the transport company changes) rather than the vendor.

Section 2.1.2 - There is a discussion going on in the COSE group about
Integrity and if it is possible to have it in the absence of origin of data
information.  I.e. can an anonymous note be integrity protected.  If you are
requiring more than just integrity in U1.2 - then you need to make that
statement.

Section 2.2 - Do you want to add a case of a child and notification to Alice
and Bob when the child arrives home at the end of the school day?

Section 2.2 - Do you want to add a case where an external tech comes in to
perform maintenance on one or more sections of the house and needs access
both to the logs and potentially to change behaviors of subsystems?   (i.e.
change how the furnace operates after an upgrade).

Section 2.3 - s/located physically on the user/located physically on, or in,
the user./

Section 2.3.1 s/and his position/and his location/  Otherwise I think this
is vertical or prone.

Section 2.5 - You need to address the privacy issues implicit in this
situation.

---

From: Michael Richardson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Jul 2015 14:02:36 -0400

Jim Schaad <[email-masked]> wrote:
    > information - since the transporter has a better chance to detect and
    > fix a problem in transit that the vendor.

My understanding is that both are relevant.

While the container is on a boat, potentially out of range of the vendor,
the transporter must get real-time data so that they can fix things.

But, in addition, when the container gets to port, the vendor would still
like a dump, as they may well take more different action.  For instance,
perhaps the bananas in that container are still saleable (despite the AC
breaking, and the transporter fixing it later that day), but need to be
consumed earlier.

And then there is the eventual post-mordem: why did the AC fail.

    > and Bob when the child arrives home at the end of the school day?

[and: what would Alice and Bob name their child? :-)
Now I understand why Alice and Bob were so anxious that their (love) notes
remain private...]

--
Michael Richardson <[email-masked]>, Sandelman Software Works
 -= IPv6 IoT consulting =-

---

From: "Jim Schaad" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 2015 15:25:35 +0200

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
> Michael Richardson
> Sent: Thursday, July 16, 2015 8:03 PM
> To: Jim Schaad
> Cc: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
> Subject: Re: [Ace] draft-ietf-ace-usecases
> 
> 
>     > Section 2.1 -Is it important that vendors have "real-time"
information
> on
the
> transporter must get real-time data so that they can fix things.
> 
like
> a dump, as they may well take more different action.  For instance,
perhaps
> the bananas in that container are still saleable (despite the AC breaking,
and
> the transporter fixing it later that day), but need to be consumed
earlier.
>     > Section 2.2 - Do you want to add a case of a child and notification
to
>     > Alice
> [and: what would Alice and Bob name their child? :-) Now I understand why
> Alice and Bob were so anxious that their (love) notes remain private...]
> 

Given that the child is probably a teenager by now, its name is Mallory.
Don't know the sex.

Jim

> 
> --
> Michael Richardson <[email-masked]>, Sandelman Software
> Works  -= IPv6 IoT consulting =-
> 
>