Subject: [Ace] Last Call: <draft-ietf-ace-usecases-09.txt> (ACE use cases) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 08 Oct 2015 10:01:59 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Authentication and Authorization
for Constrained Environments WG (ace) to consider the following document:
- 'ACE use cases'
  <draft-ietf-ace-usecases-09.txt> as Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2015-10-22. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   Constrained devices are nodes with limited processing power, storage
   space and transmission capacities.  These devices in many cases do
   not provide user interfaces and are often intended to interact
   without human intervention.

   This document includes a collection of representative use cases for
   authentication and authorization in constrained environments.  These
   use cases aim at identifying authorization problems that arise during
   the lifecycle of a constrained device and are intended to provide a
   guideline for developing a comprehensive authentication and
   authorization solution for this class of scenarios.

   Where specific details are relevant, it is assumed that the devices
   use the Constrained Application Protocol (CoAP) as communication
   protocol, however most conclusions apply generally.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ace-usecases/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ace-usecases/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.