Subject: [Ace] Privacy Considerations -- Use Case Draft

From: Hannes Tschofenig <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 Oct 2015 18:11:59 +0200

Here is proposed text for the privacy consideration section.

4.  Privacy Considerations

The constrained devices in focus of this document collect data from the
physical world via sensors or affect their surrounding via actuators.
The collected and processed data often can be associated with
individuals. Since sensor data may be collected and distributed on a
regular interval a significant amount of information about an individual
can be collected and used as input to learning algorithms as part of big
data analysis and used in an automated decision making process.

Offering privacy protection for individuals is important to guarantee
that only authorized entities are allowed to access collected data and
to trigger actions, to obtain consent prior to the sharing of data, and
to deal with other privacy-related threats outlined in RFC 6973.

RFC 6973 was written as guidance for engineers designing technical
solutions. For a short description about the deployment-related aspects
of privacy and further references relevant for the Internet of Things
sector please read Section 7 of RFC 7452.