Subject: Re: [Ace] Reminder: ACE virtual interim meeting

From: Carsten Bormann <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 01 Mar 2016 23:53:17 +0100

Hannes Tschofenig wrote:
> What design team are you referring to?

During the Yokohama IETF, Goeran and Klaus volunteered to work on this,
joined by Ludwig and Francesca.
(It is not a formal, WG-chair-licensed design team, but it seems it will
result in a viable proposal.  It will need some more time.)

One observation is that the outcome of the team may not be identical
with the various stopgap CoAP-Authorize style options being mulled.
But maybe we should indeed do this right.

Grüße, Carsten

---

From: Göran Selander <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2016 12:56:10 +0000

>joined by Ludwig and Francesca.

As mentioned, there is ongoing work on requirements for application layer
security when using CoAP. For those interested, you can find the latest
version here:

https://github.com/ektrah/coap-object-security

This is a more detailed analysis of the problem than has previously been
presented (in e.g. the OSCOAP draft).

It is work in progress, we plan to have a version ready for next f2f
meeting. Comments are welcome, please send directly to me or any of the
authors. 

Göran

---

From: Göran Selander <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2016 12:57:11 +0000

Hi Samuel,

From: Ace <[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>> on behalf of Samuel Erdtman <[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>>
Date: Friday 26 February 2016 at 19:43

I think that it would be good to have the application layer security solution discussion during the meeting. IMHO it would be preferable to have the application layer security solution written under ACE similarly to the signed HTTP being under oauth.

I think you have a point. ACE being security area is another reason why an application layer security solution could make sense to keep in ACE. Not a clear cut though.

Göran

//Samuel

On Thu, Feb 25, 2016 at 12:17 PM, Hannes Tschofenig <[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>> wrote:
Hi all,

I just wanted to remind you about the upcoming ACE interim meeting,
which is going to take place next week, Wednesday, March 2nd.

Here is the info:
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/ace/current/msg01634.html

Kepeng distributed the agenda for the meeting some time ago already:
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/ace/current/msg01633.html

We will obviously talk about our working group items:
 * Actors draft
 * ACE OAuth Solution draft

Additionally, the CWT will be presented to the group. Most likely we
will issue a call for adoption on that document.

I would also like to look at the milestones and make plans for the next
few months. I would also like to find out again what the best home for
an application layer security solution (on top of CoAP) would be. There
was some feedback on the list saying that CORE would be a good place but
overall there was not much feedback. Here is the link to my question:
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/ace/current/msg01615.html

Kepeng had planned a 1-hour meeting and I am wondering whether it would
be OK for you if we run a bit over time. Are there problems with it?

Ciao
Hannes & Kepeng

_______________________________________________
Ace mailing list
[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ace