Subject: [Ace] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-erdtman-ace-certificate-credential-00.txt

From: Samuel Erdtman <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2016 19:27:01 +0200

Hi,

To make some progress the question on which credential types to include in
"Authorization for the Internet of Things using OAuth 2.0" (
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-ace-oauth-authz) I have created an
example extension. The extension details on the use of certificates as
credentials both to identify the client and the server. Based on this I
would say that is is very doable to exclude certificate based credentials
from the core specification but it is not a big chunk in it self i.e. it
could easily be included in the core document.

Best Regards
//Samuel

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, Apr 5, 2016 at 7:17 PM
Subject: New Version Notification for
draft-erdtman-ace-certificate-credential-00.txt
To: Samuel Erdtman <[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D, draft-erdtman-ace-certificate-credential-00.txt
has been successfully submitted by Samuel Erdtman and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:           draft-erdtman-ace-certificate-credential
Revision:       00
Title:          Certificate credentials for ACE framework
Document date:  2016-04-05
Group:          Individual Submission
Pages:          7
URL:
https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-erdtman-ace-certificate-credential-00.txt
Status:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-erdtman-ace-certificate-credential/
Htmlized:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-erdtman-ace-certificate-credential-00

Abstract:
   This draft provides an example of how to extend the ACE framework
   [I-D.ietf-ace-oauth-authz], to use client and server certificates
   (x509), for mutual authentication.  Certificate are used to establish
   the security context between the client and resource server.  This
   draft is limited to transport layer security based on DTLS and it
   does not consider the mixed case where e.g. only the server is
   authenticated with a certificate.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat