Subject: [Ace] draft-vasu-ace-core-access-privilege-provisioning-00

From: Hannes Tschofenig <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2016 13:00:36 +0200

Hi Vasu,

thanks for your draft. I have browsed through it and I had a number of
questions and I wanted to start with one aspect that seems to be quite
central to your document.

In the introduction you talk about RD and the past work in the IETF CORE
working group.

Then, you introduce a Commissioner:

   Once the services are advertised by any device, those services need
   to be verified using commissioner. CORE RD provides a standard
   procedure to interact with commissioner, where commissioner acts like
   a client device to look up and verify the advertised services. Once
   the commissioner verifies the pre-registered services, commissioner
   can put some policy rules on services hosted by devices for resource
   control.

The term itself is defined in the terminology section:

      o "Commissioner" Commissioning agent is tool/device that verifies
      the devices operation, integrity check with the network.

Could you explain a little bit what you mean by "verifies the device
operation", and "integrity check with the network"?

Ciao
Hannes

PS: You may have missed a few working group meetings and therefore you
may not know that we have already made a decision regarding the solution
direction regarding the use of OAuth for IoT.