Subject: [Ace] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-vanderstok-ace-coap-est-00.txt

From: peter van der Stok <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 07 Dec 2016 09:43:29 +0100

Dear all,

This is the draft that was originally submitted to CoRE and was 
presented at the end of the ACE meeting in Seoul.
Discussions are on-going on how to proceed with this draft, given the 
bootstrap work in anima and 6tisch.
Looking forward to your reactions,

Peter

A new version of I-D, draft-vanderstok-ace-coap-est-00.txt
has been successfully submitted by Peter van der Stok and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:		draft-vanderstok-ace-coap-est
Revision:	00
Title:		EST based on DTLS secured CoAP (EST-coaps)
Document date:	2016-12-07
Group:		Individual Submission
Pages:		15
URL:            
https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-vanderstok-ace-coap-est-00.txt
Status:         
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-vanderstok-ace-coap-est/
Htmlized:       
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-vanderstok-ace-coap-est-00

Abstract:
    Low-resource devices in a Low-power and Lossy Network (LLN) can
    operate in a mesh network using the IPv6 over Low-power Personal Area
    Networks (6LoWPAN) and IEEE 802.15.4 link-layer standards.
    Provisioning these devices in a secure manner with keys (often called
    security bootstrapping) used to encrypt and authenticate messages is
    the subject of Bootstrapping of Remote Secure Key Infrastructures
    (BRSKI) [I-D.ietf-anima-bootstrapping-keyinfra].  Enrollment over
    Secure Transport (EST) [RFC7030], based on TLS and HTTP, is used for
    BRSKI.  This document defines how low-resource devices are expected
    to use EST over DTLS and CoAP. 6LoWPAN fragmentation management and
    minor extensions to CoAP are needed to enable EST over DTLS-secured
    CoAP (EST-coaps).

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of 
submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat