Subject: [Ace] I-D Action: draft-ietf-ace-wg-coap-eap-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 27 May 2021 09:26:46 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Authentication and Authorization for Constrained Environments WG of the IETF.

        Title           : EAP-based Authentication Service for CoAP
        Authors         : Rafa Marin-Lopez
                          Dan Garcia-Carrillo
	Filename        : draft-ietf-ace-wg-coap-eap-01.txt
	Pages           : 23
	Date            : 2021-05-27

Abstract:
   This document describes an authentication service that uses EAP
   transported employing CoAP messages with following purposes: 1)
   Authenticate a CoAP-enabled device that enters a new security domain
   managed by a domain Controller, 2) Derive key material to protect
   CoAP messages exchanged between them, enabling the establishment of a
   security association between them, and 3) Optionally, to generate key
   material for other types of Security Associations.

   Generally speaking, this document is specifying an EAP lower layer
   based on CoAP, to bring the benefits of EAP to IoT.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ace-wg-coap-eap/

There is also an htmlized version available at:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-ace-wg-coap-eap-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-ace-wg-coap-eap-01

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Dan Garcia Carrillo <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 29 May 2021 00:35:18 +0200

Dear all,

We have updated the draft  draft-ietf-ace-wg-coap-eap to version 01.

We have taken into account all the feedback from the IETF and interim 
meetings and :

     - Updated the URI schema and the way resources are managed

     - Updates Figures accordingly.

     - Explanation on how each party processes the messages.

     - Discussion on casuistics when messages are lost

     - Typos and some text clarifications.

Best Regards.

On 27/5/21 18:26, [email-masked] wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> Ace mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ace