Subject: [Ace] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-tiloca-ace-group-oscore-profile-06.txt

From: Marco Tiloca <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2021 14:19:39 +0200

Hello ACE,

We have submitted an updated version of 
draft-tiloca-ace-group-oscore-profile

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-tiloca-ace-group-oscore-profile-06

The document describes a profile of ACE where client and server 
communicate with Group OSCORE. This supports fine-grained access control 
in group communication environments, where different group members have 
different access rights to the resources of the servers in the group.

This update mostly aligns the profile with the latest changes in 
draft-ietf-core-oscore-groupcomm-12 and 
draft-ietf-ace-key-groupcomm-oscore-11

While the overall mechanics are unchanged, the profile now correctly 
supports:

* The intended public key formats considered in the documents above.

* The release of Access Tokens for OSCORE groups that can use the group 
mode only, or the pairwise mode only, or both modes.

Comments are very welcome!

Best,
/Marco

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: 	New Version Notification for 
draft-tiloca-ace-group-oscore-profile-06.txt
Date: 	Mon, 12 Jul 2021 08:21:13 -0700
From: 	[email-masked]
To: 	Rikard Höglund <[email-masked]>, Francesca Palombini 
<[email-masked]>, Ludwig Seitz 
<[email-masked]>, Marco Tiloca <[email-masked]>, Rikard 
Hoeglund <[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D, draft-tiloca-ace-group-oscore-profile-06.txt
has been successfully submitted by Rikard Höglund and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name: draft-tiloca-ace-group-oscore-profile
Revision: 06
Title: Group OSCORE Profile of the Authentication and Authorization for 
Constrained Environments Framework
Document date: 2021-07-12
Group: Individual Submission
Pages: 64
URL: 
https://eur02.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ietf.org%2Farchive%2Fid%2Fdraft-tiloca-ace-group-oscore-profile-06.txt&amp;data=04%7C01%7Cmarco.tiloca%40ri.se%7Cfa6b23d489d3477a209008d94548b09f%7C5a9809cf0bcb413a838a09ecc40cc9e8%7C0%7C0%7C637617000775529420%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&amp;sdata=4nAAzNcdI9FP4UPGeSh0dBF0nM94kpgk9gsCuZVtodo%3D&amp;reserved=0
Status: 
https://eur02.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fdatatracker.ietf.org%2Fdoc%2Fdraft-tiloca-ace-group-oscore-profile%2F&amp;data=04%7C01%7Cmarco.tiloca%40ri.se%7Cfa6b23d489d3477a209008d94548b09f%7C5a9809cf0bcb413a838a09ecc40cc9e8%7C0%7C0%7C637617000775529420%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&amp;sdata=4T%2FoKss3%2FAecWfdMunur15gJb%2FwgoGQq0Wq98oxumhk%3D&amp;reserved=0
Html: 
https://eur02.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ietf.org%2Farchive%2Fid%2Fdraft-tiloca-ace-group-oscore-profile-06.html&amp;data=04%7C01%7Cmarco.tiloca%40ri.se%7Cfa6b23d489d3477a209008d94548b09f%7C5a9809cf0bcb413a838a09ecc40cc9e8%7C0%7C0%7C637617000775529420%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&amp;sdata=Aj07R2R4HWtKkt6yg5gGsg7Vik2OOvRigeTLaDEyifw%3D&amp;reserved=0
Htmlized: 
https://eur02.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fdatatracker.ietf.org%2Fdoc%2Fhtml%2Fdraft-tiloca-ace-group-oscore-profile&amp;data=04%7C01%7Cmarco.tiloca%40ri.se%7Cfa6b23d489d3477a209008d94548b09f%7C5a9809cf0bcb413a838a09ecc40cc9e8%7C0%7C0%7C637617000775529420%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&amp;sdata=Kng3XNSuUjqlGGiJ8uVIPTimhd4C8OqoqU2xqkZkTpU%3D&amp;reserved=0
Diff: 
https://eur02.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ietf.org%2Frfcdiff%3Furl2%3Ddraft-tiloca-ace-group-oscore-profile-06&amp;data=04%7C01%7Cmarco.tiloca%40ri.se%7Cfa6b23d489d3477a209008d94548b09f%7C5a9809cf0bcb413a838a09ecc40cc9e8%7C0%7C0%7C637617000775529420%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&amp;sdata=Bn0gRMluOuZLJV%2Bo%2FZi6%2BRpR7hnDWc5Q1YhCp5a07ts%3D&amp;reserved=0

Abstract:
This document specifies a profile for the Authentication and
Authorization for Constrained Environments (ACE) framework. The
profile uses Group OSCORE to provide communication security between a
Client and a (set of) Resource Server(s) as members of an OSCORE
Group. The profile securely binds an OAuth 2.0 Access Token with the
public key of the Client associated to the private key used in the
OSCORE group. The profile uses Group OSCORE to achieve server
authentication, as well as proof-of-possession for the Client's
public key. Also, it provides proof of the Client's membership to
the correct OSCORE group, by binding the Access Token to information
from the Group OSCORE Security Context, thus allowing the Resource
Server(s) to verify the Client's membership upon receiving a message
protected with Group OSCORE from the Client.

The IETF Secretariat