Subject: [Ace] Protocol Action: 'Additional OAuth Parameters for Authorization in Constrained Environments (ACE)' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-ace-oauth-params-15.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2021 16:03:28 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Additional OAuth Parameters for Authorization in Constrained
   Environments (ACE)'
  (draft-ietf-ace-oauth-params-15.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Authentication and Authorization for
Constrained Environments Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Benjamin Kaduk and Roman Danyliw.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ace-oauth-params/

Technical Summary

  This specification defines new parameters for the OAuth 2.0 token
  and introspection endpoints.  These parameters are targeted for use
  with the OAuth protocol adapted for constrained devices.

Working Group Summary

  This document was created and modified in response to issues raised
  by the OAuth working group.  They deal with a case which the ACE
  OAuth protocol does not currently support, but which may be
  introduced in OAuth.  This document represents a consensus between
  the two groups.

Document Quality

  There exist at least two implementations which are using these
  fields as part of the overall work.  As noted above there was an
  issue with the OAuth working group but it has been resolved.

Personnel

Jim Schaad was the document shepherd.  Ben Kaduk is the responsible AD.