Subject: [Ace] ACE profiles registry range for mqtt_tls profile

From: Cigdem Sengul <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2022 22:30:11 +0000

Dear Ace,

We received an IANA question, quoted below, regarding the registration
range,
and will respond "-256 to 255 Standards Action" as the appropriate range.

Name: mqtt_tls
Description: Profile for delegating Client authentication and authorization
using MQTT for the Client and Broker (RS) interactions, and HTTP for the AS
interactions. TLS is used for confidentiality and integrity protection and
server authentication. Client authentication can be provided either via TLS
or using in-band proof-of-possession at the MQTT application layer.
CBOR Value: [ TBD-at-Registration ]
Reference: [ RFC-to-be ]

IANA Question --> Which range in the ACE Profiles registry should this
registration come from?

Kind regards,
--Cigdem
-- 

Dr Cigdem Sengul

Senior Lecturer

ACM-W Europe Communications Chair, and Secretary
*E* [email-masked]

*Brunel University London*
Dept of Computer Science

Brunel University London, Uxbridge, UB8 3PH, United Kingdom
*T* +44(0)1895 274000
*www.brunel.ac.uk <http://www.brunel.ac.uk/>*