Subject: [Acme] Directory JSON object

From: Ron <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2016 11:17:35 +0930

If we're going to keep "meta" in the Directory object (and I think we
should, at least for "terms-of-service", since otherwise you need to
round-trip sending a failed "reg" request to get it in a Link header),
then we might want to consider changing the JSON to something like:

 {
   "resources": {
     "new-reg": "https://example.com/acme/new-reg",
     "new-authz": "https://example.com/acme/new-authz",
     "new-cert": "https://example.com/acme/new-cert",
     "revoke-cert": "https://example.com/acme/revoke-cert"
   },
   "meta": {
     "terms-of-service": "https://example.com/acme/terms",
     "website": "https://www.example.com/",
     "caa-identities": ["example.com"]
   }
 }

That way it will always be clear exactly which fields are really
resources (which the first paragraph of 6.2 says all of them are)
and which are some non-resource extension that may be added in
a later revision.

Though if we do that, possibly we can drop "meta" and just make
the fields in it be non-resource parts of the top level object?

Either option would make this a bit more robust for any future
extension to the Directory content without implementations needing
to special case some field names as "not-resources".

Thoughts?