Subject: [Acme] I-D Action: draft-ietf-acme-acme-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2016 10:10:44 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Automated Certificate Management Environment of the IETF.

        Title           : Automatic Certificate Management Environment (ACME)
        Authors         : Richard Barnes
                          Jacob Hoffman-Andrews
                          James Kasten
	Filename        : draft-ietf-acme-acme-04.txt
	Pages           : 67
	Date            : 2016-10-31

Abstract:
   Certificates in the Web's X.509 PKI (PKIX) are used for a number of
   purposes, the most significant of which is the authentication of
   domain names.  Thus, certificate authorities in the Web PKI are
   trusted to verify that an applicant for a certificate legitimately
   represents the domain name(s) in the certificate.  Today, this
   verification is done through a collection of ad hoc mechanisms.  This
   document describes a protocol that a certificate authority (CA) and
   an applicant can use to automate the process of verification and
   certificate issuance.  The protocol also provides facilities for
   other certificate management functions, such as certificate
   revocation.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-acme-acme/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-acme-acme-04

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-acme-acme-04

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Richard Barnes <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2016 13:25:48 -0400

Dear WG,

Over the past couple of days, Jacob and I got back to work on the draft,
and got a bunch of PRs tuned up and landed, and now published in this new
version.

There are three issues / PRs that we didn't feel were settled enough to
include in this round (in addition to the late-breaking #204/#205):

#170 add a special token parameter in registration
#172 Add an external secret field to registration.
#195 Combine "requirements" and "authorizations."

I think our goal through the next IETF meeting should be to drive toward
closure on these, and get any last issues on the table.  (CAs thinking
about ACME, I'm looking at you!)  If we can get that done, I'm hopeful
we'll be able to update the draft and request WGLC shortly after the IETF.

Thanks,
--Richard

## Closed

#128 Indicate ACME version in /directory (or elsewhere?)

## Merged

#159 Hard-fail on unrecognized contact URI schemes
#165 Re-add new-authz as pre-authorization
#167 Simplify terms-of-service flow.
#182 Clarify flows around agreement to terms
#183 Add 'revoked' status to registrations and use standard language
#186 Remove extraneous statuses
#190 Explicitly limit to TCP ports 80 and 443
#192 Updates Section 6.1.2 - "Registration Objects" for Applications.
#193 Specify account by kid (reg URL) rather than key.
#200 Clarify that HTTP and TLS go over ports 80 and 443
#202 Clarifies TLS port requirement for SNI challenge.
#203 Hard fail on invalid contacts

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, Oct 31, 2016 at 1:10 PM
Subject: [Acme] I-D Action: draft-ietf-acme-acme-04.txt
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Automated Certificate Management
Environment of the IETF.

        Title           : Automatic Certificate Management Environment
(ACME)
        Authors         : Richard Barnes
                          Jacob Hoffman-Andrews
                          James Kasten
        Filename        : draft-ietf-acme-acme-04.txt
        Pages           : 67
        Date            : 2016-10-31

Abstract:

_______________________________________________
Acme mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/acme