Subject: Re: [Acme] Draft authors -- please send a status

From: Alexey Melnikov <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 14 Jul 2018 14:19:25 +0100

On 27/06/2018 16:57, Salz, Rich wrote:
> Can the authors of each draft please send a brief (one or two sentences
> is fine) status to the mailing list about their drafts?  Also indicate
> if you want WG time to present, talk about issues, etc. We are scheduled
> to meet during the Tuesday afternoon session, from 17:20-18:20 (last
> hour, after oauth).

Sadly I have a conflict with ACME, but here is status of my documents:

 [snip]

> draft-ietf-acme-email-smime-02

Details of the challenge email need to be flashed out. I am talking to
people who offered to co-edit the document.

> draft-ietf-acme-email-tls-04

I think this document is ready for WGLC. I have a couple of open issues,
but I don't think they prevent WGLC. The two issues are:

1) Is it possible to make ACME issue a single certificate for multiple
related services running on the same host, e.g. for IMAP and IMAPS or
for IMAP and POP3? A single certificate with DNS-ID would cover all
services automatically, but if we want to allow for a finegrainer
control using SRV-ID, there has to be a way to list all services that a
certificate has to cover. Is this problem worth solving? If yes, what is
the best way of doing this? One possible way of doing this is to
rename/extend "service" JWS header parameter to be a comma separated
list of services.

2) I would like the document to support LMTP (RFC 2033, effectively this
is a variant of SMTP, however in order to do this, I need to register
"lmtp" service and possibly a default port.

Best Regards,
Alexey