Subject: [Acme] RFC 8657 on Certification Authority Authorization (CAA) Record Extensions forAccount URI and Automatic Certificate Management Environment (ACME)Method Binding

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2019 23:36:56 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8657

        Title:      Certification Authority Authorization (CAA) Record 
                    Extensions for Account URI and Automatic 
                    Certificate Management Environment (ACME) 
                    Method Binding 
        Author:     H. Landau
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       November 2019
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      11
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-acme-caa-10.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8657

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8657

The Certification Authority Authorization (CAA) DNS record allows a
domain to communicate an issuance policy to Certification Authorities
(CAs) but only allows a domain to define a policy with CA-level
granularity. However, the CAA specification (RFC 8659) also provides
facilities for an extension to admit a more granular, CA-specific
policy. This specification defines two such parameters: one allowing
specific accounts of a CA to be identified by URIs and one allowing
specific methods of domain control validation as defined by the
Automatic Certificate Management Environment (ACME) protocol to be
required.

This document is a product of the Automated Certificate Management Environment Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC