Subject: [Acme] I-D Action: draft-ietf-acme-email-smime-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 01 Nov 2019 11:24:54 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Automated Certificate Management Environment WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Extensions to Automatic Certificate Management Environment for end user S/MIME certificates
        Author          : Alexey Melnikov
	Filename        : draft-ietf-acme-email-smime-06.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2019-11-01

Abstract:
   This document specifies identifiers and challenges required to enable
   the Automated Certificate Management Environment (ACME) to issue
   certificates for use by email users that want to use S/MIME.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-acme-email-smime/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-acme-email-smime-06
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-acme-email-smime-06

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-acme-email-smime-06

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: "A. Schulze" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 3 Nov 2019 12:02:31 +0100

> 	Filename        : draft-ietf-acme-email-smime-06.txt

Hello,

I'v noticed this version enhance the number of header fields MUST be covered by DKIM.
But some of us may be are aware of "Breaking DKIM - on Purpose and by Chance" [1] published in 2017.

To mitigate such attacks it would be helpful to REQUIRE header fields also can't be added.
see https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc6376#section-3.5, definition of h= and
INFORMATIVE EXPLANATION + NOTE

Andreas

[1] https://noxxi.de/research/breaking-dkim-on-purpose-and-by-chance.html

---

From: Alexey Melnikov <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 3 Nov 2019 13:17:57 +0000

Hi Andreas,

> INFORMATIVE EXPLANATION + NOTE

I should have said that I've noticed your simial comment an an earlier 
email and it is still pending.

If you can suggest some specific text, that would be really great and 
would speed up addressing this issue.

Best Regards,

Alexey

> _______________________________________________
> Acme mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/acme