Subject: [Acme] I-D Action: draft-ietf-acme-dtnnodeid-08.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2022 20:23:09 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Automated Certificate Management Environment WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Automated Certificate Management Environment (ACME) Delay-Tolerant Networking (DTN) Node ID Validation Extension
        Author          : Brian Sipos
	Filename        : draft-ietf-acme-dtnnodeid-08.txt
	Pages           : 30
	Date            : 2022-01-10

Abstract:
   This document specifies an extension to the Automated Certificate
   Management Environment (ACME) protocol which allows an ACME server to
   validate the Delay-Tolerant Networking (DTN) Node ID for an ACME
   client.  The DTN Node ID is encoded as a certificate Subject
   Alternative Name (SAN) of type otherName with a name form of
   BundleEID and as an ACME Identifier type "bundleEID".

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-acme-dtnnodeid/

There is also an HTML version available at:
https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-ietf-acme-dtnnodeid-08.html

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-acme-dtnnodeid-08

Internet-Drafts are also available by rsync at rsync.ietf.org::internet-drafts

---

From: Brian Sipos <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2022 09:33:21 -0500

All,
This latest revision of the Node ID validation document has made both
behavioral and editorial changes. The change to behavior and encodings (on
both ACME and DTN channels) simplifies the logic for both server and client
and also avoids a possible on-path impersonation method when a client
account key thumbprint is known (from some other channel). Each of the two
token parts and new ID value are now single purpose and more closely
resemble the values in the email validation RFC 8823.
The editorial changes are to add clarity to the DTN terms and uses. I
believe all of thr comments received to date have been addressed.
Thank you,
Brian S.

On Mon, Jan 10, 2022, 23:24 <[email-masked]> wrote:

>         Title           : Automated Certificate Management Environment
> (ACME) Delay-Tolerant Networking (DTN) Node ID Validation Extension
>         Author          : Brian Sipos
> _______________________________________________
> Acme mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/acme
>