Subject: [Add] DoHoT - making & measuring practical use of DNS over HTTPS over Tor

From: Alec Muffett <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 3 Jul 2020 11:11:53 +0100

A little project of mine which may be of slight interest to folks here:

- https://twitter.com/AlecMuffett/status/1278990840485097472
- https://github.com/alecmuffett/dohot
-
https://medium.com/@alecmuffett/dohot-making-practical-use-of-dns-over-https-over-tor-ef58d04ca06a.

- alec :-)

--
http://dropsafe.crypticide.com/aboutalecm

---

From: nusenu <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 2020 12:15:29 +0200

> https://medium.com/@alecmuffett/dohot-making-practical-use-of-dns-over-https-over-tor-ef58d04ca06a.

Thanks for sharing.

I was eager to see DoH support in Tor Browser, unfortunately
they are not planing to support it mainly due to latency concerns.

[1] https://lists.torproject.org/pipermail/tor-dev/2020-July/014388.html

and related to the thread "Support for full DNS resolution and DNSSEC validation"
https://lists.torproject.org/pipermail/tor-dev/2020-May/thread.html
https://lists.torproject.org/pipermail/tor-dev/2020-June/thread.html

Nonetheless they are interested to see measurements
in a Tor Browser setup (no caching across tabs to different domains to maintain first party isolation).
as mentioned in [1] (at the bottom).
http://qrmfuxwgyzk5jdjz.onion/projects/torbrowser/design/index.html.en#identifier-linkability

so if you are interested to contributed that, that would be highly appreciated.