Subject: [Add] DDR and 6to4

From: Tommy Jensen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2022 02:25:46 +0000

What does everyone think about actively discouraging the use of 6to4 addresses in the DDR SVCB records? I know this is covered by RFC7526; is that sufficient for us to omit text in DDR? Should we reference it and require resolvers to not provide those addresses? It seems there are some edge cases where a client and resolver may disagree about the nature of a given IP address if these are designated.

Thanks,
Tommy

---

From: "Vinny Parla (vparla)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2022 14:55:52 +0000

Hi,

I think a statement around protocol adaption technologies (4to6, 6to4,
mapped addresses, etc), would be useful in the spec.

-Vinny

From: Add <[email-masked]> On Behalf Of Tommy Jensen
Sent: Tuesday, January 18, 2022 9:26 PM
To: ADD Mailing list <[email-masked]>
Subject: [Add] DDR and 6to4

What does everyone think about actively discouraging the use of 6to4
addresses in the DDR SVCB records? I know this is covered by RFC7526; is
that sufficient for us to omit text in DDR? Should we reference it and
require resolvers to not provide those addresses? It seems there are some
edge cases where a client and resolver may disagree about the nature of a
given IP address if these are designated.

Thanks,

Tommy