Subject: [Adslmib] About vdsl-10

From: Flemisch Felix <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2003 22:42:56 +0200

Hi all,

thanks to the co-editors for compiling vdsl-10 which considerably
improves vdsl-09.  Even flaws not being discussed by e-mails have been
removed (e.g., within the notifications definitions).

I have final proposals for further improvement, namely some editorial
issues and a smoothening of unconsidered previous text fragments.
If you like you can pass them directly to the RFC editor.

line(s) | proposed changes or additions
--------+------------------------------------------------------------------
   103  | after "... ITU9971]." add the following sentence:
        | "  Additionally the protocol-independent (and line code 
        | independent) management framework for VDSL line management
        | specified by DSLF is taken into consideration [DSLFTR057]."
--------+------------------------------------------------------------------
   131  | replace the line by the following:
        |        vdsl(97), -- Very High-speed Digital Subscriber Loop/Line
--------+------------------------------------------------------------------
   144  | replace the lines by the following:
  -145  |        interleave(124), -- Interleaved channel
        |        fast(125),       -- Fast channel
--------+------------------------------------------------------------------
   165  | replace "interleaved" by "interleave"
--------+------------------------------------------------------------------
   216  | replace the lines by the following:
  -217  |    O.  xxxs -- Sum of Seconds in which xxx has occured
        |                (e.g., xxx = Lof, Los, Lpr, Lol)
--------+------------------------------------------------------------------
   274  | replace the line by the following:
        | "   interleave(124) and fast(125):"
--------+------------------------------------------------------------------
   377  | replace the lines by the following:
  -379  |    o   Line Configuration Profiles - These profiles contain parameters
        |        for configuring VDSL lines and their channels.  They are defined
        |        in the line code independent vdslLineConfProfileTable and in
        |        supplementary standardized line code specific (LCS) configuration
        |        profile tables.  Additionally vendor-specific configuration
        |        profile extension tables may exist.  vdslLineConfProfileTable
        |        is defined in the VDSL-LINE-MIB module that is specified in
        |        this RFC, and standardized LCS configuration profile tables
        |        will be defined in a complementary extension MIB module.
--------+------------------------------------------------------------------
   588  | add a comma after "Raleigh"
--------+------------------------------------------------------------------
   648  | replace the lines by the following (see also lines 216-217):
  -649  | "            xxxs -- Sum of Seconds in which xxx has occured"
        | "                    (e.g., xxx = Lof, Los, Lpr)"
--------+------------------------------------------------------------------
   657  | after this line add the following text:
        | 
        |     --  Note
        |
        |     This MIB module does not contain line code specific (LCS) elements
        |     for neither MCM lines nor SCM lines.  Supplementary standardized LCS
        |     configuration profile tables or vendor-specific configuration profile
        |     extension tables might be needed to fully configure VDSL lines.
        |
--------+------------------------------------------------------------------
   786  | after this line add the following text (see also p.54):
        |             Note that 'slow' and 'interleaved' refer to the same 
        |             channel.
        | 
--------+------------------------------------------------------------------
  2945  | replace "Stop" by "Start"
--------+------------------------------------------------------------------
  3392, | replace "...Mgn.    The ..." by "...Mgn.  The ..."
  3404, |
  3416  |
--------+------------------------------------------------------------------
  3670  | add RFC 2662 and RFC 3440 to the normative references
 -3738  |
--------+------------------------------------------------------------------
  3846, | replace "EMail" by "Email" (see also p.11)
  3855  |

Regards,

Felix Flemisch

Siemens AG
Information and Communication Networks
Carrier Products Systems Engineering
Hofmannstr. 51
D-81359 Munich
Germany
Phone    +49 89 722 62175
Email    [email-masked]
Internet http://www.siemens.com/

_______________________________________________
Adslmib mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/adslmib

---

From: Bob Ray <[email-masked]>
Date: 17 Jun 2003 16:10:18 -0500

> If you like you can pass them directly to the RFC editor.

It doesn't happen that way.

> line(s) | proposed changes or additions

Hmmmm.  Which came first, one wonders quietly to oneself.

>         |        vdsl(97), -- Very High-speed Digital Subscriber Loop/Line

No.  That line comes from the IANA document.  We cannot change their
document.

No.  Those lines comes from the IANA document.  We cannot change their
document.

This we can change.  Good catch.

Good catch.

Good catch.

No.  For reasons Randy and Mike have expounded upon already.  Please
wait seven (7) days before making this request again :)

Good catch.  You're scary!

Good catch.

No.  For reasons Randy and Mike have expounded upon already. Please
wait seven (7) days before making this request again :)

Ok.

Good catch.

Good catch.  I'm impressed!

Neither of these are referenced in the document.

Ok.

Thank you for your careful reading.  And please be patient about the
LCS stuff (at least for a week).

-- 
Bob Ray <[email-masked]>