Subject: [Adslmib] Power Backoff in draft-ietf-adslmib-gshdslbis-11

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2005 18:18:01 +0200

Hello,
	the SHDSL MIB has contained for several versions (RFC3276 and
also current draft with the extension of g.shdsl.bis) a possibility to
select between default power backoff mode and so called enhanced power
backoff mode (see hdsl2shslEndpointMaintTable, entry
hdsl2ShdslMaintPowerBackOff). 
I can not map the follwoing items to the resepctive SHDSL standard:
1. The hdsl2ShdslMaintPowerBackOff can have 2 values, the first is
default, the other enhanced. The mapping of the default parameter is
easy, for the mapping of the enhanced parameter I'd assume this maps to
the so called 'Selected' setting (EOC message 15, byte2,bit1/byte3,bit1,
Network Side/CustomerSide Power Backoff Setting set to '1'. Is this
assumption correct??
2. If I use the selcted/enhanced mode the line has to be reactivates
(See description of EOC message 15, basd on soft restart). Additionally
the new power backoff values might be exchanged during a g.994.1
session. Now I have the following question: Which Power backoff value
should the SHDSL transceiver send in the capability list?? The MIB does
not specify an object parameter for that. Additionally I'd assume, that
if the restart is initiated by the STU-C only the upstream power backoff
should be affected. What should happen with the downstream power
backoff? Is there something missing?

Clarification on this issue is highly appreciated.

Thanks,
Mathias

_______________________________________________
Adslmib mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/adslmib