Subject: [Adslmib] AD review of draft-ietf-adslmib-gbond-atm-mib-04.txt

From: "Romascanu, Dan (Dan)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 Nov 2011 17:45:06 +0100

Hi,

Please find below the AD review of
draft-ietf-adslmib-gbond-atm-mib-04.txt.
This document is in a good shape, but a new version is needed in order
to clarify and fix some of the issues raised in the review. 

The comments below are marked T (Technical) and E (Editorial)

T1. In section 5.2: 

   The agent SHOULD align the beginning of each interval to a fifteen
   minute boundary of a wall clock.  Likewise, the beginning of each one
   day intervals SHOULD be aligned with the start of a day.

Where does this requirement come from? If the source is another standard
I suggest to provide  it. What is the rationale? What happens if this
requirement is not / cannot be met because for example the agent does
not have access to a 'wall clock'?

T2. The tables in this MIB module do not respect the naming convention
recommended in Annex C of RFC 4181: 

   - The descriptor associated with a conceptual table should be of the
     form xxxZzzTable; the descriptor associated with the corresponding
     conceptual row should be of the form xxxZzzEntry; the name of the
     associated SEQUENCE type should be of the form XxxZzzEntry; and the
     descriptors associated with the subordinate columnar objects should
     be of the form xxxZzzSomeotherName.

T3. In the DESCRIPTION clause of a couple of objects I found the
following: 

       This object is read-only for the GBS-C and irrelevant for
       the GBS-R ports.

What does 'irrelevant' mean? What should the agent do with these objects
for the GBS-R ports? 

T4. Although not mandatory it is considered good practice to include
optional UNITS clauses in objects that define performance counts. 

T5. In the DESCRIPTION clause of gBondAtmPortPerfCurr15MinTimeElapsed I
found: 

       This object partially maps to the TR-159 attribute
       aGroupPerfCurr15MinTimeElapsed.

What does 'partially maps' mean?

T6. In several DESCRIPTION clauses I found: 

      This object is inhibited during Unavailable Seconds (UAS). 

Please explain what 'inhibited' means.