Subject: [alto] ALTO Server Discovery drafts updated

From: Sebastian Kiesel <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2012 16:57:02 +0200

Dear all,

we have updated the two ALTO server discovery drafts:

draft-ietf-alto-server-discovery-05   

specifies a rather straightforward procedure that can be used
if the ALTO client is embedded in or co-located with the resource
consumer.  The text has been significantly cleaned up and our goal
is to move forward with this document as soon as possible, so
PLEASE REVIEW it.

draft-kist-alto-3pdisc-01

specifies a more comprehensive but also more complex and still
experimental procedure both for the "normal" (i.e. resource consumer
initiated) and the third party discovery. Again, the text has been
significantly cleaned up.  We expect that this document still needs much
discussion and work, in particular with respect to operational
considerations.

Thanks
Sebastian

Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-alto-server-discovery-05.txt
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2012 07:45:07 -0700
List-Id: Internet Draft Announcements only <i-d-announce.ietf.org>

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Application-Layer Traffic Optimization Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : ALTO Server Discovery
	Author(s)       : Sebastian Kiesel
                          Martin Stiemerling
                          Nico Schwan
                          Michael Scharf
                          Haibin Song
	Filename        : draft-ietf-alto-server-discovery-05.txt
	Pages           : 16
	Date            : 2012-10-22

Abstract:
   The goal of Application-Layer Traffic Optimization (ALTO) is to
   provide guidance to applications that have to select one or several
   hosts from a set of candidates capable of providing a desired
   resource.  ALTO is realized by a client-server protocol.  Before an
   ALTO client can ask for guidance it needs to discover one or more
   ALTO servers that can provide suitable guidance.

   This document specifies a procedure for resource consumer initiated
   ALTO server discovery, which can be used if the ALTO client is
   embedded in the resource consumer.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-alto-server-discovery

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-alto-server-discovery-05

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-alto-server-discovery-05

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Subject: I-D Action: draft-kist-alto-3pdisc-01.txt
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2012 07:45:28 -0700
List-Id: Internet Draft Announcements only <i-d-announce.ietf.org>

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Third-Party ALTO Server Discovery (3pdisc)
	Author(s)       : Sebastian Kiesel
                          Martin Stiemerling
	Filename        : draft-kist-alto-3pdisc-01.txt
	Pages           : 15
	Date            : 2012-10-22

Abstract:
   The goal of Application-Layer Traffic Optimization (ALTO) is to
   provide guidance to applications that have to select one or several
   hosts from a set of candidates capable of providing a desired
   resource.  ALTO is realized by a client-server protocol.  Before an
   ALTO client can ask for guidance it needs to discover one or more
   ALTO servers that can provide suitable guidance.

   This document specifies a procedure for third-party ALTO server
   discovery, which can be used if the ALTO client is not co-located
   with the actual resource consumer, but instead embedded in a third
   party such as a peer-to-peer tracker.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-kist-alto-3pdisc

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-kist-alto-3pdisc-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-kist-alto-3pdisc-01

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt