Subject: [alto] fwd: I-D Action: draft-kiesel-alto-ip-based-srv-disc-01.txt

From: Sebastian Kiesel <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2012 12:53:11 +0100

Dear ALTO WG members,

this is only a minor update of the draft, clarifying the IPv6 prefix we
request IANA to assign (thanks to Tim Chown for pointing out that the
old example is within the range reserved for Teredo) and adding some
more things to consider (multihoming, mobility, error handling, etc.)

Thanks
Sebastian

On Tue, Dec 18, 2012 at 09:11:59PM +0100, Sebastian Kiesel wrote:
> Dear ALTO WG members,
>
> the DHCP based server discovery procedure has some known limitations in
> some deployment scenarios, which are also documented in the draft.
> Recently Reinaldo has proposed another approach based on an anycast-like
> mechanism, which could supplement or maybe sometime in the future even
> replace the DHCP based procedures. We have documented this approach in
> this internet draft.
>
> As always, comments are most welcome.
>
> Thanks
> Sebastian

----- Forwarded message from [email-masked] -----

Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2012 03:41:54 -0800
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Subject: I-D Action: draft-kiesel-alto-ip-based-srv-disc-01.txt

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : ALTO Server Discovery based on well-known IP Address
	Author(s)       : Sebastian Kiesel
                          Reinaldo Penno
	Filename        : draft-kiesel-alto-ip-based-srv-disc-01.txt
	Pages           : 14
	Date            : 2012-12-27

Abstract:
   The goal of Application-Layer Traffic Optimization (ALTO) is to
   provide guidance to applications that have to select one or several
   hosts from a set of candidates capable of providing a desired
   resource.  ALTO is realized by a client-server protocol.

   This document establishes a well-known IP address for the ALTO
   service and specifies how ALTO clients embedded in the resource
   consumer can use it to access the ALTO service.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-kiesel-alto-ip-based-srv-disc

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-kiesel-alto-ip-based-srv-disc-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-kiesel-alto-ip-based-srv-disc-01

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

----- End forwarded message -----