Subject: [alto] fwd: I-D Action: draft-kiesel-alto-ip-based-srv-disc-00.txt

From: Sebastian Kiesel <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2012 21:11:59 +0100

Dear ALTO WG members,

the DHCP based server discovery procedure has some known limitations in
some deployment scenarios, which are also documented in the draft.
Recently Reinaldo has proposed another approach based on an anycast-like
mechanism, which could supplement or maybe sometime in the future even
replace the DHCP based procedures. We have documented this approach in
this internet draft.

As always, comments are most welcome.

Thanks
Sebastian

----- Forwarded message from [email-masked] -----

Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2012 11:44:57 -0800
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Subject: I-D Action: draft-kiesel-alto-ip-based-srv-disc-00.txt

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : ALTO Server Discovery based on well-known IP Address
	Author(s)       : Sebastian Kiesel
                          Reinaldo Penno
	Filename        : draft-kiesel-alto-ip-based-srv-disc-00.txt
	Pages           : 14
	Date            : 2012-12-18

Abstract:
   The goal of Application-Layer Traffic Optimization (ALTO) is to
   provide guidance to applications that have to select one or several
   hosts from a set of candidates capable of providing a desired
   resource.  ALTO is realized by a client-server protocol.

   This document establishes a well-known IP address for the ALTO
   service and specifies how ALTO clients embedded in the resource
   consumer can use it to access the ALTO service.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-kiesel-alto-ip-based-srv-disc

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-kiesel-alto-ip-based-srv-disc-00

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

----- End forwarded message -----