Subject: Re: [alto] WGLC for draft-ietf-alto-server-discovery-06

From: "Roni Even" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2012 12:16:48 +0200

Hi,
I reviewed the draft and it looks ready for publication.

Some nits:

1. The last sentence in section 1 can be removed.
2. "Furhermore, there might be situations in  which the user whishes to
override"  to "Furthermore, there might be situations in which the user
wishes to override"
3. section 3 start with "a" instead of "As"
4.section 4.1 second paragraph "unkown" should be "unknown" and third
paragraph "usuable " should be "usable"

Roni Even

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
Vijay K. Gurbani
Sent: 29 November, 2012 12:25 AM
To: alto
Subject: [alto] WGLC for draft-ietf-alto-server-discovery-06

[as chair]

Folks: Based on conversations with the authors of the document and recent
list discussions on the draft, we believe that the ALTO server discovery
document is ready for WGLC.

The current incarnation of the document is -06 and is available for review
at

    http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-alto-server-discovery-06

We urge the working group participants to perform a dedicated review of the
document.  Short statements in support of moving the work ahead, or
statements that provide constructive solutions for any aspect lacking in the
draft, are helpful.  Please do post such statements on the list.

This WGLC runs until Friday, December 14 2012.

Thank you,

- vijay
--
Vijay K. Gurbani, Bell Laboratories, Alcatel-Lucent
1960 Lucent Lane, Rm. 9C-533, Naperville, Illinois 60563 (USA)
Email: vkg@{bell-labs.com,acm.org} / [email-masked]
Web:   http://ect.bell-labs.com/who/vkg/
_______________________________________________
alto mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/alto

---

From: "Y. Richard Yang" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2012 13:57:10 -0500

I read the document and think it is ready. Here are some minor comments:

- abstract and intro: "have to select", personally I feel that "have to" is
a bit strong. A broader category of apps can be included if we say "can".

- "ALTO is realized by a client-server protocol, see requirement AR-1 in
[RFC6708]": how about change "see" to "per" or change "," before see to
";". Also, does it make sense to say "Requirement AR-1", instead of
requirement AR-1?

- Abstract and second paragraph of Intro: "...for resource consumer
initiated ALTO server discovery". A reader not familiar with all of the
terms may not know the meaning of resource consumer. How about adding a
reference to the definition of the term?

- Sec. 3.2: for the U-NAPTR example, I am not an expert on U-NAPTR, but
here is an example from rfc2915:

     www.foo.com.
     ;;       order pref flags   service  regexp     replacement
      IN NAPTR 100  100  "s"   "http+I2R"   ""    _http._tcp.foo.com.
      IN NAPTR 100  100  "s"   "ftp+I2R"    ""    _ftp._tcp.foo.com.

Hence, for the examples in Sec. 3.2, does it make sense to follow the same,
e.g., instead of ALTO:http, but http+ALTO? Also, I am not sure, for the
example, return is "". Again, I am not an expert on the subject, and hence,
my question may be misunderstanding or my lacking of background.

- Sec. 6.1., "e. g." -> "e.g.,"

Cheers,

Richard

On Wed, Nov 28, 2012 at 5:24 PM, Vijay K. Gurbani <[email-masked]> wrote:

> [as chair]
>
> Folks: Based on conversations with the authors of the document and
> recent list discussions on the draft, we believe that the ALTO server
> discovery document is ready for WGLC.
>
> The current incarnation of the document is -06 and is available for
> review at
>
>    http://tools.ietf.org/html/**draft-ietf-alto-server-**discovery-06<http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-alto-server-discovery-06>
>
> We urge the working group participants to perform a dedicated review
> of the document.  Short statements in support of moving the work ahead,
> or statements that provide constructive solutions for any aspect lacking
> in the draft, are helpful.  Please do post such statements on the list.
>
> Email: vkg@{bell-labs.com,acm.org} / vijay.gurbani@alcatel-lucent.**com<[email-masked]>
> Web:   http://ect.bell-labs.com/who/**vkg/<http://ect.bell-labs.com/who/vkg/>
> ______________________________**_________________
> alto mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/**listinfo/alto<https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/alto>
>