Subject: [alto] Last Call: <draft-ietf-alto-server-discovery-09.txt> (ALTO Server Discovery) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2013 11:07:19 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Application-Layer Traffic
Optimization WG (alto) to consider the following document:
- 'ALTO Server Discovery'
  <draft-ietf-alto-server-discovery-09.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2013-09-05. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   The goal of Application-Layer Traffic Optimization (ALTO) is to
   provide guidance to applications that have to select one or several
   hosts from a set of candidates capable of providing a desired
   resource.  ALTO is realized by a client-server protocol.  Before an
   ALTO client can ask for guidance it needs to discover one or more
   ALTO servers.

   This document specifies a procedure for resource consumer initiated
   ALTO server discovery, which can be used if the ALTO client is
   embedded in the resource consumer.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-alto-server-discovery/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-alto-server-discovery/ballot/

The following IPR Declarations may be related to this I-D:

   http://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/1952/