Subject: [alto] Update on ALTO deployment considerations and map calculation draft

From: "Vijay K. Gurbani" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2015 15:25:20 -0600

Folks: A quick update.

You may recall that I had asked [1] the authors of draft-
ietf-alto-deployments and draft-seidel-alto-map-calculation to
determine whether portions from the latter draft could be included in
the former.

There seem to be reasonable agreement on the list that the inclusion
would be a good thing.  The question was whether we will issue a new
WGLC for the deployment draft if it includes text from the
map-calculation draft.

Michael Scharf (editor of the deployment draft) is taking the lead in
determining the shape of the inclusion.  He will coordinate with Hans
(author of the map calculation draft) and advise the working group
soon as to next steps.  I expect this to be soon (within days instead
of months).

As soon as we hear from Michael, we will move ahead with the deployment
draft.

[1] https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/alto/wCdNIO6AxWUYns2A8z39oiXYBxU

Thanks,

- vijay
-- 
Vijay K. Gurbani, Bell Laboratories, Alcatel-Lucent
1960 Lucent Lane, Rm. 9C-533, Naperville, Illinois 60563 (USA)
Email: vkg@{bell-labs.com,acm.org} / [email-masked]
Web: http://ect.bell-labs.com/who/vkg/  | Calendar: http://goo.gl/x3Ogq