Subject: [alto] Draft: Alto for the blockchain

From: Shenshen Chen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2017 22:44:38 +0800

Dear authors,

In draft-hommes-alto-blockchain-02 section 5, it mainly talks about
bitcoin. Would you be glad to add another section about health care?

The healthcare has a great interest in the blockchain. A doctor needs
patient’s record from different hospitals. A patient cares about the
security of his medical record. The blockchain could be the solution
since it keeps secure data in a distributed, encrypted ledger and
control who has access to that ledger. It treats a doctor’s visit as a
transaction. Then people validate the transactions—in health care,
likely a physician or pharmacist trusted with an access key.

More use cases make the draft more general, especially about “be aware
of different roles for bitcoin”.  Rules in healthcare are patient,
doctor and hospitals. Those roles may be treated as wallet, miner and
relay nodes. By showing other use cases of blockchain still use those
standard roles, it’s more convincing to claim that Alto should be
aware of those 3 different roles.

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,
Shenshen

---

From: Stefan HOMMES <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2017 14:56:22 +0000

Hello Shenshen,

Thanks for your comment. Yes, health care is another use case for the blockchain. The Bitcoin scenario is currently the best representative for public blockchain networks. I guess health care would be an example for a consortium blockchain. Except for the fact that it is a use case, do you have more info's on any special requirements concerning ALTO?

Kind Regards,
Stefan

-----Original Message-----
From: Shenshen Chen [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: 13 March 2017 15:45
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: [alto] Draft: Alto for the blockchain

Dear authors,

In draft-hommes-alto-blockchain-02 section 5, it mainly talks about bitcoin. Would you be glad to add another section about health care?

The healthcare has a great interest in the blockchain. A doctor needs patient’s record from different hospitals. A patient cares about the security of his medical record. The blockchain could be the solution since it keeps secure data in a distributed, encrypted ledger and control who has access to that ledger. It treats a doctor’s visit as a transaction. Then people validate the transactions—in health care, likely a physician or pharmacist trusted with an access key.

More use cases make the draft more general, especially about “be aware of different roles for bitcoin”.  Rules in healthcare are patient, doctor and hospitals. Those roles may be treated as wallet, miner and relay nodes. By showing other use cases of blockchain still use those standard roles, it’s more convincing to claim that Alto should be aware of those 3 different roles.

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,
Shenshen

---

From: Shenshen Chen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2017 03:49:48 +0800

Hi Stefan,

Sorry about my poor knowledge. I didn't find any special requirements
for the healthcare blockchain. It should be no more than a blockchain
for ALTO.

By the way, there may be a trivial issue I am not sure about: does
alto help defending weakness of blockchain? Avoiding the creation of
clusters in sec 3.3 may help to avoid Sybil attack.

Best Regards,
Shenshen