Subject: [alto] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-gao-alto-fcs-04.txt

From: Jensen Zhang <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2017 00:46:41 +0000

Hi all,

An update of draft "ALTO Extension: Flow-based Cost Query" has just been
submitted. The major updates in this revision include:

- Remove some irrelevant content (e.g. statistical cost).
- Make the address type registry consistent with RFC7285.
- Define a new registry called "ALTO Address Type Conflict Registry".
- Add a new capability "or-required" in Flow Cost Service to make the
validation complete.

The technical content should be stable now. But we need more people to
review it and give some comments.

Your feedback and proofreading are more than welcome.

Thanks,
Jensen

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, Dec 13, 2017 at 8:19 AM
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-gao-alto-fcs-04.txt
To: Jingxuan Jensen Zhang <[email-masked]>, Junzhuo Austin Wang
<[email-masked]>, Y. Richard Yang <[email-masked]>, Qiao Xiang <
[email-masked]>, Kai Gao <[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D, draft-gao-alto-fcs-04.txt
has been successfully submitted by Jingxuan Jensen Zhang and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:           draft-gao-alto-fcs
Revision:       04
Title:          ALTO Extension: Flow-based Cost Query
Document date:  2017-12-13
Group:          Individual Submission
Pages:          29
URL:
https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-gao-alto-fcs-04.txt
Status:         https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-gao-alto-fcs/
Htmlized:       https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-gao-alto-fcs-04
Htmlized:       https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-gao-alto-fcs-04
Diff:           https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-gao-alto-fcs-04

Abstract:
   The ALTO cost query service maps a source-destination pair into a
   cost value, which provides a network view abstract based on a subset
   of the 2-dimension address space.  Given that the emergence of new
   networking optimization requirements, such a query space is not
   sufficient to uniquely identify a flow.  To address the limitations
   of the network information query space provided by the legacy ALTO
   protocol, this document introduces two extensions: extending the
   existing ALTO cost query services with fine-grained semantics, and
   enabling a new flow-based query service named Flow Cost Service.
   These extensions move ALTO to a more flexible and expressive network
   information query space.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat