Subject: [ANCP] ANCP MIB

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2007 09:35:25 +0100

Hi,

The updated ANCP MIB was submitted to the IETF in time but for some 
reason it never appeared on i-d-annound.  Therefore I sent the updated 
draft as attachement to this mailing list.

Comments are very welcome.

regards,
Stefaan

Network Working Group                                      S. De Cnodder
Internet-Draft                                            Alcatel-Lucent
Intended status: Standards Track                          M. Morgenstern
Expires: August 30, 2007                                ECI Telecom Ltd.
                                                       February 26, 2007

    Access Node Control Protocol (ANCP) MIB module for Access Nodes
                   draft-decnodder-ancp-mib-an-01.txt

Status of this Memo

   By submitting this Internet-Draft, each author represents that any
   applicable patent or other IPR claims of which he or she is aware
   have been or will be disclosed, and any of which he or she becomes
   aware will be disclosed, in accordance with Section 6 of BCP 79.

   Internet-Drafts are working documents of the Internet Engineering
   Task Force (IETF), its areas, and its working groups.  Note that
   other groups may also distribute working documents as Internet-
   Drafts.

   Internet-Drafts are draft documents valid for a maximum of six months
   and may be updated, replaced, or obsoleted by other documents at any
   time.  It is inappropriate to use Internet-Drafts as reference
   material or to cite them other than as "work in progress."

   The list of current Internet-Drafts can be accessed at
   http://www.ietf.org/ietf/1id-abstracts.txt.

   The list of Internet-Draft Shadow Directories can be accessed at
   http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html.

   This Internet-Draft will expire on August 30, 2007.

Copyright Notice

   Copyright (C) The IETF Trust (2007).

Abstract

   This memo defines a portion of the Management Information Base (MIB)
   for use with network management protocols.  In particular it defines
   objects for managing access nodes as described in [ANCPFW] that are
   using the Access Node Control Protocol (ANCP) defined in [ANCPPR].

De Cnodder & Morgenstern  Expires August 30, 2007               [Page 1]

Internet-Draft                  ANCP MIB                   February 2007

Table of Contents

   1.  Introduction . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .  3
   2.  The Internet-Standard Management Framework . . . . . . . . . .  3
   3.  Conventions  . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .  3
   4.  Overview . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .  3
   5.  Structure of the MIB Module  . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .  3
     5.1.  Textual Conventions  . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .  4
     5.2.  The ANCP Subtree for the Access Node . . . . . . . . . . .  5
     5.3.  The Notifications Subtree  . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .  5
     5.4.  Relationship to Other MIB Modules  . . . . . . . . . . . .  5
   6.  ANCP MIB Definitions for the Access Node . . . . . . . . . . .  5
   7.  Security Considerations  . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 22
   8.  IANA considerations  . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 25
   9.  Acknowledgements . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 25
   10. References . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 26
     10.1. Normative References . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 26
     10.2. Informative References . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 27
   Authors' Addresses . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 27
   Intellectual Property and Copyright Statements . . . . . . . . . . 28

De Cnodder & Morgenstern  Expires August 30, 2007               [Page 2]

Internet-Draft                  ANCP MIB                   February 2007

1.  Introduction

   This memo defines a portion of the Management Information Base (MIB)
   for use with network management protocols.  In particular it defines
   objects for managing access nodes as described in [ANCPFW] that are
   using the Access Node Control Protocol defined in [ANCPPR].

2.  The Internet-Standard Management Framework

   For a detailed overview of the documents that describe the current
   Internet-Standard Management Framework, please refer to section 7 of
   RFC 3410 [RFC3410].

   Managed objects are accessed via a virtual information store, termed
   the Management Information Base or MIB.  MIB objects are generally
   accessed through the Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP).
   Objects in the MIB are defined using the mechanisms defined in the
   Structure of Management Information (SMI).  This memo specifies a MIB
   module that is compliant to the SMIv2, which is described in STD 58,
   RFC 2578 [RFC2578], STD 58, RFC 2579 [RFC2579] and STD 58, RFC 2580
   [RFC2580].

3.  Conventions

   The key words "MUST", "MUST NOT", "REQUIRED", "SHALL", "SHALL NOT",
   "SHOULD", "SHOULD NOT", "RECOMMENDED", "MAY", and "OPTIONAL" in this
   document are to be interpreted as described in [RFC2119].

4.  Overview

   In [ANCPFW], the framework for the Access Node Control Protocol
   (ANCP) is described.  It defines 2 network entities, the Access Node
   (AN) and the Network Access Server (NAS), between which ANCP sessions
   are established.  The detailed protocol specification of ANCP is
   described in [ANCPPR].  This document specifies a MIB module for an
   AN that supports ANCP.

   Note: the current MIB definition is specific for [ANCPPR].  If
   [ANCPPR] gets updated later, then the MIB definition in this document
   will also follow these changes.

5.  Structure of the MIB Module

   The ANCP MIB module for the AN has 3 parts.  A first table,

De Cnodder & Morgenstern  Expires August 30, 2007               [Page 3]

Internet-Draft                  ANCP MIB                   February 2007

   ancpAnSessionConfigTable, is used to configure ANCP sessions at the
   AN towards a specific NAS.  The NAS is identified by a number of
   attributes in this table (ancpAnSessionConfigNasIpAddressType and
   ancpAnSessionConfigNasIpAddress).  The other attributes in this table
   can be used to configure properties that are specific for that
   particular ANCP session.  A second table, ancpAnCurrentSessionTable,
   shows the operational state of a particular ANCP session.  Each
   session configured in ancpAnSessionConfigTable has a corresponding
   row in ancpAnCurrentSessionTable.  When a session is configured or
   deleted in the ancpAnSessionConfigTable, then the corresponding row
   of that session in the ancpAnCurrentSessionTable is, respectively,
   automatically created or deleted.  A third table is used to assign
   interfaces to particular partitions.  A row in this table is created
   automatically when an interface is created in the ifTable of the IF-
   MIB [RFC2863] for which the system supports ANCP.

   Four groups are defined:

   o  ancpAnConfigGroup

      This group contains all objects of the ancpAnSessionConfigTable in
      which the ANCP sessions are configured in the access node.

   o  ancpAnCurrentGroup

      This group contains all objects of the ancpAnCurrentSessionTable
      where the operational state and other information of the ANCP
      sessions are shown.

   o  ancpAnInterfaceGroup

      This group contains all objects to configure interfaces to be used
      by ANCP.  Assigning interfaces to particular partitions is part of
      this group.

   o  ancpAnNotificationsGroup

      This group contains the notifications that indicate state changes
      of ANCP sessions.

5.1.  Textual Conventions

   Two new textual convention, GsmpSubVersion and
   AncpAnSessionCapabilities, are defined in this MIB module.  The ANCP
   specification in [ANCPPR] is re-using the GSMP specification in
   [RFC3292] where the GSMP subversion is introduced.  These textual
   convention complement the textual conventions defined in [RFC3295],

De Cnodder & Morgenstern  Expires August 30, 2007               [Page 4]

Internet-Draft                  ANCP MIB                   February 2007

   GsmpVersion, GsmpNameType, and GsmpPartitionIdType, which are also
   used in this MIB module.  These textual conventions are used for the
   convenience of humans reading the MIB.

5.2.  The ANCP Subtree for the Access Node

   TBD

5.3.  The Notifications Subtree

   Notifications are defined to inform the management station about
   state changes of ANCP sessions, whenever an ANCP session changes
   state.  Two notifications are defined for this purpose.  The
   notification ancpSessionUp is to inform the management station when
   the session comes up, and the notification ancpSessionDown is to
   inform when the ANCP session is down again after it was up before.

   No special measures for congestion avoidance for the notifications
   are needed because the number of ANCP sessions in an access node is
   typically small.  In addition, establishing an ANCP session and
   tearing down it again, takes some time such that for a particular
   ANCP session, not many notifications in a short time period can be
   generated.

5.4.  Relationship to Other MIB Modules

   There is a dependency with the Interfaces Group MIB (IF-MIB) defined
   in [RFC2863].  The ifIndex defined in the ifTable of IF-MIB is used
   as the index of the ancpAnInterfaceConfigTable defined in the ANCP
   MIB module for access nodes.  Each time that an entry is created in
   the ifTable for which the system supports ANCP (e.g., in a DSLAM this
   is typically for each DSL line), a row is created automatically in
   the ancpAnInterfaceConfigTable.

6.  ANCP MIB Definitions for the Access Node

ANCP-AN-MIB DEFINITIONS ::= BEGIN

IMPORTS
       MODULE-IDENTITY, OBJECT-TYPE,
       Unsigned32, mib-2, TimeTicks,
       NOTIFICATION-TYPE
            FROM SNMPv2-SMI                            -- [RFC2578]
       ZeroBasedCounter32
            FROM RMON2-MIB                             -- [RFC4502]
       ifIndex      FROM IF-MIB                        -- [RFC2863]
       InetAddressType, InetAddress, InetPortNumber

De Cnodder & Morgenstern  Expires August 30, 2007               [Page 5]

Internet-Draft                  ANCP MIB                   February 2007

            FROM INET-ADDRESS-MIB                      -- [RFC4001]
       MODULE-COMPLIANCE, OBJECT-GROUP,
       NOTIFICATION-GROUP
            FROM SNMPv2-CONF                           -- [RFC2580]
       GsmpVersion, GsmpNameType, GsmpPartitionIdType
            FROM GSMP-MIB                              -- [RFC3295]
       RowStatus, TEXTUAL-CONVENTION
            FROM SNMPv2-TC;                            -- [RFC2579]

ancpAnMIB MODULE-IDENTITY
       LAST-UPDATED "200702260000Z" -- 26 February 2007
       ORGANIZATION "IETF ANCP Working Group"
       CONTACT-INFO
              " Editors:

                        Stefaan De Cnodder
                        Alcatel-Lucent
                Postal: Copernicuslaan 50
                        B-2018 Antwerp
                        Belgium
                EMail:  [email-masked]
                Phone:  +32 3 240 85 15

                        Moti Morgenstern
                        ECI Telecom Ltd.
                Postal: 30 Hasivim St.
                        Petach Tikva 49517,
                        Israel.
                Email:  [email-masked]
                Phone:  +972 3 926 6258
              "
       DESCRIPTION
           "The MIB module for entities implementing the access node
            side of the Access Node Control Protocol (ANCP).

            Copyright (C) The IETF Trust (2007).  The initial version of
            this MIB module was published in RFC yyyy; for full legal
            notices see the RFC itself."
-- RFC Ed.: replace yyyy with actual RFC number & remove this note
       REVISION "200702260000Z" -- 26 February 2007
       DESCRIPTION "Initial version as published in RFC yyyy."
-- RFC Ed.: replace yyyy with actual RFC number & remove this note
       ::= { mib-2 xxx }
-- The value xxx to be assigned by IANA.

ancpNotifications                OBJECT IDENTIFIER ::= { ancpAnMIB 0 }
ancpAnObjects                    OBJECT IDENTIFIER ::= { ancpAnMIB 1 }
ancpAnConformance                OBJECT IDENTIFIER ::= { ancpAnMIB 2 }

De Cnodder & Morgenstern  Expires August 30, 2007               [Page 6]

Internet-Draft                  ANCP MIB                   February 2007

GsmpSubVersion        ::= TEXTUAL-CONVENTION
       STATUS     current
       DESCRIPTION
             "The subversion numbers defined for the GSMP protocol."
       SYNTAX     Unsigned32

AncpAnSessionCapabilities ::= TEXTUAL-CONVENTION
       STATUS current
       DESCRIPTION
             "ANCP capabilities supported by the AN.
              The following capabilities are available:
                 topologyDiscovery (0)- Access Topology Discovery
                 lineConfig (1)       - Line Configuration
                 multicast (2)        - Multicast
                 l2Oam (3)            - Layer 2 OAM
              A bit set means the associated capability is supported."
       SYNTAX BITS {
                     topologyDiscovery (0),
                     lineConfig (1),
                     multicast (2),
                     l2Oam (3)
                   }

ancpAnNextSessionId OBJECT-TYPE
       SYNTAX     Unsigned32
       MAX-ACCESS read-only
       STATUS     current
       DESCRIPTION
             "The object reports the next index (potential value of
              ancpAnSessionConfigSessionId) which is available for
              creating a new row in ancpAnSessionConfigTable.
              If no such value is available (e.g., the table is full or
              any other reason) the object reports '0' (zero).
              An available value V becomes unavailable when a row is
              actually created with ancpAnSessionConfigSessionId=V and
              until then consecutive GET commands with this object may
              return the same value V. Note that eventually only one row
              creation with the value V can succeed.
              An unavailable value V becomes available again when a row
              with ancpAnSessionConfigSessionId=V in
              ancpAnSessionConfigTable is deleted."
       ::= { ancpAnObjects 1 }

ancpAnSessionConfigTable OBJECT-TYPE
       SYNTAX SEQUENCE OF AncpAnSessionConfigEntry
       MAX-ACCESS not-accessible
       STATUS     current
       DESCRIPTION

De Cnodder & Morgenstern  Expires August 30, 2007               [Page 7]

Internet-Draft                  ANCP MIB                   February 2007

             "This table represents the ANCP sessions in the access
              node. An entry in this table needs to be configured
              (created) before an ANCP session might be started."
       ::= { ancpAnObjects 2 }

ancpAnSessionConfigEntry OBJECT-TYPE
       SYNTAX     AncpAnSessionConfigEntry
       MAX-ACCESS not-accessible
       STATUS     current
       DESCRIPTION
             "An entry in the table showing the data for a
              specific actual or yet to be established session.
              If partitions are used, one session corresponds to
              one specific access node partition."
       INDEX { ancpAnSessionConfigSessionId }
       ::= { ancpAnSessionConfigTable 1 }

AncpAnSessionConfigEntry ::= SEQUENCE {
       ancpAnSessionConfigSessionId           Unsigned32,
       ancpAnSessionConfigRowStatus           RowStatus,
       ancpAnSessionConfigGsmpVersion         GsmpVersion,
       ancpAnSessionConfigGsmpSubVersion      GsmpSubVersion,
       ancpAnSessionConfigEncapsulationType   INTEGER,
       ancpAnSessionConfigCapabilities        AncpAnSessionCapabilities,
       ancpAnSessionConfigAliveTimer          Unsigned32,
       ancpAnSessionConfigPortReportShaper    Unsigned32,
       ancpAnSessionConfigAggregateReportShaper  Unsigned32,
       ancpAnSessionConfigTransportRetryTimer Unsigned32,
       ancpAnSessionConfigGsmpRetryTimer      Unsigned32,
       ancpAnSessionConfigAnName              GsmpNameType,
       ancpAnSessionConfigPartitionId         GsmpPartitionIdType,
       ancpAnSessionConfigWindowSize          Unsigned32,
       ancpAnSessionConfigNasIpAddressType    InetAddressType,
       ancpAnSessionConfigNasIpAddress        InetAddress,
       ancpAnSessionConfigEncapPortNumber     InetPortNumber
}

ancpAnSessionConfigSessionId OBJECT-TYPE
       SYNTAX     Unsigned32 (1..255)
       MAX-ACCESS not-accessible
       STATUS     current
       DESCRIPTION
             "A system generated index to distinguish between
              different sessions. Session may be actually established
              or just potential."
       ::= { ancpAnSessionConfigEntry 1 }

ancpAnSessionConfigRowStatus OBJECT-TYPE

De Cnodder & Morgenstern  Expires August 30, 2007               [Page 8]

Internet-Draft                  ANCP MIB                   February 2007

       SYNTAX     RowStatus
       MAX-ACCESS read-create
       STATUS     current
       DESCRIPTION
             "An object that allows entries in this table to
              be created and deleted using the RowStatus convention."
       ::= { ancpAnSessionConfigEntry 2 }

ancpAnSessionConfigGsmpVersion OBJECT-TYPE
       SYNTAX     GsmpVersion
       MAX-ACCESS read-create
       STATUS     current
       DESCRIPTION
             "The maximum version number of the GSMP protocol that
              may be used in this session. The value of this object
              is persistent."
       DEFVAL { 3 }
       ::= { ancpAnSessionConfigEntry 3 }

ancpAnSessionConfigGsmpSubVersion OBJECT-TYPE
       SYNTAX     GsmpSubVersion
       MAX-ACCESS read-create
       STATUS     current
       DESCRIPTION
             "The maximum subversion number of the GSMP protocol that
              may be used in this session. The value of this object
              is persistent."
       DEFVAL { 1 }
       ::= { ancpAnSessionConfigEntry 4 }

ancpAnSessionConfigEncapsulationType OBJECT-TYPE
       SYNTAX INTEGER {
                  tcp(1)
              }
       MAX-ACCESS read-create
       STATUS     current
       DESCRIPTION
             "Required encapsulation for this session. The value of
              this object is persistent."
       DEFVAL { tcp }
       ::= { ancpAnSessionConfigEntry 5 }

ancpAnSessionConfigCapabilities OBJECT-TYPE
       SYNTAX     AncpAnSessionCapabilities
       MAX-ACCESS read-create
       STATUS     current
       DESCRIPTION
             "ANCP capabilities supported by the AN in this session.

De Cnodder & Morgenstern  Expires August 30, 2007               [Page 9]

Internet-Draft                  ANCP MIB                   February 2007

              When all bits are set to zero then this means that no
              capabilities are supported. The value of this object
              is persistent."
       DEFVAL { { topologyDiscovery, l2Oam } }
       ::= { ancpAnSessionConfigEntry 6 }

ancpAnSessionConfigAliveTimer OBJECT-TYPE
       SYNTAX     Unsigned32(1..255)
       UNITS      "deciseconds"
       MAX-ACCESS read-create
       STATUS     current
       DESCRIPTION
             "The timer specifies the nominal time between periodic
              adjacency protocol messages generated by the access node.
              It is a constant for the duration of a GSMP session. The
              timer is specified in units of 100ms. The value of this
              object is persistent."
       DEFVAL { 100 }
       ::= { ancpAnSessionConfigEntry 7 }

ancpAnSessionConfigPortReportShaper OBJECT-TYPE
       SYNTAX     Unsigned32(1..255)
       UNITS      "deciseconds"
       MAX-ACCESS read-create
       STATUS     current
       DESCRIPTION
             "The timer specifies the nominal time between
              2 EventReport messages related to the same port.
              It is a constant for the duration of a GSMP session.
              The timer is specified in units of 100ms. The value
              of this object is persistent."
       DEFVAL { 10 }
       ::= { ancpAnSessionConfigEntry 8 }

ancpAnSessionConfigAggregateReportShaper OBJECT-TYPE
       SYNTAX     Unsigned32(1..2550)
       UNITS      "centiseconds"
       MAX-ACCESS read-create
       STATUS     current
       DESCRIPTION
             "The timer specifies the nominal time between
              2 EventReport messages related to any port.
              It is a constant for the duration of a GSMP session.
              The timer is specified in units of 10ms. The value
              of this object is persistent."
       DEFVAL { 10 }
       ::= { ancpAnSessionConfigEntry 9 }

De Cnodder & Morgenstern  Expires August 30, 2007              [Page 10]

Internet-Draft                  ANCP MIB                   February 2007

ancpAnSessionConfigTransportRetryTimer OBJECT-TYPE
       SYNTAX     Unsigned32(0..255)
       UNITS      "deciseconds"
       MAX-ACCESS read-create
       STATUS     current
       DESCRIPTION
             "The timer specifies the nominal time between 2 transport
              connection setup attempts done by the access node.
              The transport protocol is specified in
              ancpAnSessionConfigEncapsulationType.
              The timer is specified in units of 100ms.
              A value 0 means that the access node will NOT
              initiate nor setup the transport connection. The
              value of this object is persistent."
       DEFVAL { 10 }
       ::= { ancpAnSessionConfigEntry 10 }

ancpAnSessionConfigGsmpRetryTimer OBJECT-TYPE
       SYNTAX     Unsigned32(0..255)
       UNITS      "deciseconds"
       MAX-ACCESS read-create
       STATUS     current
       DESCRIPTION
             "The timer specifies the nominal time between
              2 ANCP connection setup attempts.
              The timer is specified in units of 100ms.
              A value 0 means that the access node will NOT
              spontaneously trigger an ANCP session.
              Whatever the setting of this timer, the access
              node shall always listen for ANCP session setup.
              The value of this object is persistent."
       DEFVAL { 10 }
       ::= { ancpAnSessionConfigEntry 11 }

ancpAnSessionConfigAnName OBJECT-TYPE
       SYNTAX     GsmpNameType
       MAX-ACCESS read-create
       STATUS     current
       DESCRIPTION
             "The name of the access node. The first three octets must
              be an Organizationally Unique Identifier (OUI) that
              identifies the manufacturer of the access node. This can
              be (one of) the MAC address(es) of the access node on the
              network side.
              It may not change during the ANCP session.
              When set to zero, the access node shall autonomously
              decide on using the most appropriate MAC address of the
              access node. Then the actually used access node name can

De Cnodder & Morgenstern  Expires August 30, 2007              [Page 11]

Internet-Draft                  ANCP MIB                   February 2007

              be read from ancpAnCurrentSessionAnName.
              The value of this object is persistent."
       DEFVAL { '000000000000'H }
       ::= { ancpAnSessionConfigEntry 12 }

ancpAnSessionConfigPartitionId OBJECT-TYPE
       SYNTAX     GsmpPartitionIdType
       MAX-ACCESS read-create
       STATUS     current
       DESCRIPTION
             "The Id for this session's specific access node partition.
              The value of this object is persistent."
       DEFVAL { '00'H }
       ::= { ancpAnSessionConfigEntry 13 }

ancpAnSessionConfigWindowSize OBJECT-TYPE
       SYNTAX     Unsigned32(1..65535)
       MAX-ACCESS read-create
       STATUS     current
       DESCRIPTION
             "The maximum number of unacknowledged request messages
              that may be transmitted by the controller without the
              possibility of loss. This field is used to prevent
              request messages from being lost in the access node
              because of overflow in the receive buffer. The field is
              a hint to the controller. The value of this object is
              persistent."
       DEFVAL { 10 }
       ::= { ancpAnSessionConfigEntry 14 }

ancpAnSessionConfigNasIpAddressType OBJECT-TYPE
       SYNTAX     InetAddressType
       MAX-ACCESS read-create
       STATUS     current
       DESCRIPTION
             "The type of address in ancpAnSessionConfigNasIpAddress.
              The value of this object is persistent."
       ::= { ancpAnSessionConfigEntry 15 }

ancpAnSessionConfigNasIpAddress OBJECT-TYPE
       SYNTAX     InetAddress
       MAX-ACCESS read-create
       STATUS     current
       DESCRIPTION
             "The IP address used for the ANCP session peer (NAS).
              The value of this object is persistent."
       ::= { ancpAnSessionConfigEntry 16 }

De Cnodder & Morgenstern  Expires August 30, 2007              [Page 12]

Internet-Draft                  ANCP MIB                   February 2007

ancpAnSessionConfigEncapPortNumber OBJECT-TYPE
       SYNTAX     InetPortNumber
       MAX-ACCESS read-create
       STATUS     current
       DESCRIPTION
             "The port number used for the transport protocol
              establishment to the ANCP peer. The value of this
              object is persistent."
       DEFVAL { 6068 }
       ::= { ancpAnSessionConfigEntry 17 }

ancpAnCurrentSessionTable OBJECT-TYPE
       SYNTAX SEQUENCE OF AncpAnCurrentSessionEntry
       MAX-ACCESS not-accessible
       STATUS     current
       DESCRIPTION
             "This table gives actual information of the sessions
              in the access node.
              A row in this table is created when the corresponding row
              in the ancpAnSessionConfigTable is activated.
              A row in this table is deleted when the corresponding row
              in the ancpAnSessionConfigTable is deleted."
       ::= { ancpAnObjects 3 }

ancpAnCurrentSessionEntry OBJECT-TYPE
       SYNTAX     AncpAnCurrentSessionEntry
       MAX-ACCESS not-accessible
       STATUS     current
       DESCRIPTION
             "An entry in the table showing the data for a
              specific actual session."
       INDEX { ancpAnSessionConfigSessionId }
       ::= { ancpAnCurrentSessionTable 1 }

AncpAnCurrentSessionEntry ::= SEQUENCE {
       ancpAnCurrentSessionState              INTEGER,
       ancpAnCurrentSessionGsmpVersion        GsmpVersion,
       ancpAnCurrentSessionGsmpSubVersion     GsmpSubVersion,
       ancpAnCurrentSessionAnName             GsmpNameType,
       ancpAnCurrentSessionNasName            GsmpNameType,
       ancpAnCurrentSessionAnIpAddressType    InetAddressType,
       ancpAnCurrentSessionAnIpAddress        InetAddress,
       ancpAnCurrentSessionAnInstance         Unsigned32,
       ancpAnCurrentSessionNasInstance        Unsigned32,
       ancpAnCurrentSessionCapabilities       AncpAnSessionCapabilities,
       ancpAnCurrentSessionStartUptime        TimeTicks,
       ancpAnCurrentSessionDiscontinuityTime  TimeTicks,
       ancpAnCurrentSessionStatSentMessages   ZeroBasedCounter32,

De Cnodder & Morgenstern  Expires August 30, 2007              [Page 13]

Internet-Draft                  ANCP MIB                   February 2007

       ancpAnCurrentSessionStatReceivedValidMessages ZeroBasedCounter32,
       ancpAnCurrentSessionStatDiscardedMessages     ZeroBasedCounter32
}

ancpAnCurrentSessionState OBJECT-TYPE
       SYNTAX     INTEGER {
                      null(1),
                      synsent(2),
                      synrcvd(3),
                      estab(4)
                  }
       MAX-ACCESS read-only
       STATUS     current
       DESCRIPTION
             "The state of this session.
              The null (1) state is returned if the proper
              encapsulation data is not yet configured, if the row is
              not in active status or if the session is in NULL state
              as defined in the GSMP specification."
       ::= { ancpAnCurrentSessionEntry 1 }

ancpAnCurrentSessionGsmpVersion OBJECT-TYPE
       SYNTAX     GsmpVersion
       MAX-ACCESS read-only
       STATUS     current
       DESCRIPTION
             "The actual version number of the GSMP protocol that
              is used in this session.
              This object has value 0 if ancpAnCurrentSessionState is
              not estab(4)."
       ::= { ancpAnCurrentSessionEntry 2 }

ancpAnCurrentSessionGsmpSubVersion OBJECT-TYPE
       SYNTAX     GsmpSubVersion
       MAX-ACCESS read-only
       STATUS     current
       DESCRIPTION
             "The actual subversion number of the GSMP protocol that
              may be used in this session.
              This object has value 0 if ancpAnCurrentSessionState is
              not estab(4)."
       ::= { ancpAnCurrentSessionEntry 3 }

ancpAnCurrentSessionAnName OBJECT-TYPE
       SYNTAX     GsmpNameType
       MAX-ACCESS read-only
       STATUS     current
       DESCRIPTION

De Cnodder & Morgenstern  Expires August 30, 2007              [Page 14]

Internet-Draft                  ANCP MIB                   February 2007

             "The name of the access node used in this session.
              It should be the same as ancpAnSessionConfigAnName.
              The value of this object is used as value for the
              'Sender Name' field in the header of the ANCP messages
              generated for this session by the AN."
       ::= { ancpAnCurrentSessionEntry 4 }

ancpAnCurrentSessionNasName OBJECT-TYPE
       SYNTAX     GsmpNameType
       MAX-ACCESS read-only
       STATUS     current
       DESCRIPTION
             "The name of the NAS as advertised in the adjacency
              message.
              The value of this object is set to the value of the
              'Sender Name' field in the header of the ANCP messages
              received on this session.  This object has value 0 if
              ancpAnCurrentSessionState is not estab(4)."
       ::= { ancpAnCurrentSessionEntry 5 }

ancpAnCurrentSessionAnIpAddressType OBJECT-TYPE
       SYNTAX     InetAddressType
       MAX-ACCESS read-only
       STATUS     current
       DESCRIPTION
             "The type of address in ancpAnCurrentSessionAnIpAddress."
       ::= { ancpAnCurrentSessionEntry 6 }

ancpAnCurrentSessionAnIpAddress OBJECT-TYPE
       SYNTAX     InetAddress
       MAX-ACCESS read-only
       STATUS     current
       DESCRIPTION
             "The IP address used for the access node."
       ::= { ancpAnCurrentSessionEntry 7 }

ancpAnCurrentSessionAnInstance OBJECT-TYPE
       SYNTAX     Unsigned32(0..16777215)
       MAX-ACCESS read-only
       STATUS     current
       DESCRIPTION
             "The instance number used by the access node during this
              session. The Instance number is a 24-bit number
              that should be guaranteed to be unique within
              the recent past and to change when the link
              or node comes back up after going down. Zero is
              not a valid instance number.
              This object has value 0 if ancpAnCurrentSessionState is

De Cnodder & Morgenstern  Expires August 30, 2007              [Page 15]

Internet-Draft                  ANCP MIB                   February 2007

              not estab(4)."
       ::= { ancpAnCurrentSessionEntry 8 }

ancpAnCurrentSessionNasInstance OBJECT-TYPE
       SYNTAX     Unsigned32(0..16777215)
       MAX-ACCESS read-only
       STATUS     current
       DESCRIPTION
             "The instance number used by the NAS during this
              session. The Instance number is a 24-bit number
              that should be guaranteed to be unique within
              the recent past and to change when the link
              or node comes back up after going down.
              This object has value 0 if ancpAnCurrentSessionState is
              not estab(4)."
       ::= { ancpAnCurrentSessionEntry 9 }

ancpAnCurrentSessionCapabilities OBJECT-TYPE
       SYNTAX     AncpAnSessionCapabilities
       MAX-ACCESS read-only
       STATUS     current
       DESCRIPTION
             "The common ANCP capabilities supported by the AN and
              NAS in this session.
              The object has the value 0 if no capabilities are
              supported
              or if ancpAnCurrentSessionState is not estab(4)."
       ::= { ancpAnCurrentSessionEntry 10 }

ancpAnCurrentSessionStartUptime OBJECT-TYPE
       SYNTAX     TimeTicks
       MAX-ACCESS read-only
       STATUS     current
       DESCRIPTION
             "The value of sysUpTime when the session came to
              established state.
              This object has value 0 if ancpAnCurrentSessionState is
              not estab(4)."
       ::= { ancpAnCurrentSessionEntry 11 }

ancpAnCurrentSessionDiscontinuityTime OBJECT-TYPE
       SYNTAX     TimeTicks
       MAX-ACCESS read-only
       STATUS     current
       DESCRIPTION
             "The value of sysUpTime on the most recent occasion at
              which session's counters suffered a discontinuity.
              If no such discontinuities have occurred since then,

De Cnodder & Morgenstern  Expires August 30, 2007              [Page 16]

Internet-Draft                  ANCP MIB                   February 2007

              this object contains the same value as
              ancpAnCurrentSessionStartUptime."
       ::= { ancpAnCurrentSessionEntry 12 }

ancpAnCurrentSessionStatSentMessages OBJECT-TYPE
       SYNTAX     ZeroBasedCounter32
       MAX-ACCESS read-only
       STATUS     current
       DESCRIPTION
             "The number of messages that have been sent in this session
              by the access node.
              All ANCP messages pertaining to this session after
              the session came to established state shall
              be counted, also including adjacency protocol messages
              and failure response messages.
              Discontinuities of this counter are indicated by
              ancpAnCurrentSessionDiscontinuityTime."
       ::= { ancpAnCurrentSessionEntry 13 }

ancpAnCurrentSessionStatReceivedValidMessages OBJECT-TYPE
       SYNTAX     ZeroBasedCounter32
       MAX-ACCESS read-only
       STATUS     current
       DESCRIPTION
             "The number of messages that have been received and
              processed in this session by the access node.
              All ANCP messages pertaining to this session after
              the session came to established state shall
              be counted, also including adjacency protocol messages
              and failure response messages.
              Discontinuities of this counter are indicated by
              ancpAnCurrentSessionDiscontinuityTime."
       ::= { ancpAnCurrentSessionEntry 14 }

ancpAnCurrentSessionStatDiscardedMessages OBJECT-TYPE
       SYNTAX     ZeroBasedCounter32
       MAX-ACCESS read-only
       STATUS     current
       DESCRIPTION
             "The number of messages that in this session have been
              received and discarded for whatever reason by the access
              node.
              All ANCP messages pertaining to this session after
              the session came to established state shall
              be counted, also including adjacency protocol messages
              and failure response messages.
              Discontinuities of this counter are indicated by
              ancpAnCurrentSessionDiscontinuityTime."

De Cnodder & Morgenstern  Expires August 30, 2007              [Page 17]

Internet-Draft                  ANCP MIB                   February 2007

       ::= { ancpAnCurrentSessionEntry 15 }

--
-- Partitions
--

ancpAnInterfaceDefaultPartitionId OBJECT-TYPE
       SYNTAX     GsmpPartitionIdType
       MAX-ACCESS read-write
       STATUS     current
       DESCRIPTION
             "This object allows the manager control the default value
              for the ancpAnInterfaceConfigPartitionId object in
              ancpAnInterfaceConfigTable. The value of this object is
              persistent."
       DEFVAL { "0" }
       ::= { ancpAnObjects 4 }

ancpAnInterfaceConfigTable OBJECT-TYPE
       SYNTAX SEQUENCE OF AncpAnInterfaceConfigEntry
       MAX-ACCESS not-accessible
       STATUS     current
       DESCRIPTION
             "This table configures the association of user facing
              interfaces to ANCP partitions in the access node.
              An entry in this table needs to be added by the agent
              for each relevant user facing interface with the value
              of ancpAnInterfaceConfigPartitionId set to
              the value of ancpAnInterfaceDefaultPartitionId at the
              time of the creation of the row. A relevant user facing
              interface is created whenever a row is created in the
              ifTable of the IF-MIB that can be controlled by ANCP.
              When such an interface is deleted from the ifTable, the
              corresponding row in this table has to be removed by the
              agent.
              A manager is allowed to change the value of
              ancpAnInterfaceConfigPartitionId after the row has been
              created."
       ::= { ancpAnObjects 5 }

ancpAnInterfaceConfigEntry OBJECT-TYPE
       SYNTAX     AncpAnInterfaceConfigEntry
       MAX-ACCESS not-accessible
       STATUS     current
       DESCRIPTION
             "An entry in the table showing the partition id for a
              specific user facing interface"
       INDEX { ifIndex }

De Cnodder & Morgenstern  Expires August 30, 2007              [Page 18]

Internet-Draft                  ANCP MIB                   February 2007

       ::= { ancpAnInterfaceConfigTable 1 }

AncpAnInterfaceConfigEntry ::= SEQUENCE {
       ancpAnInterfaceConfigPartitionId         GsmpPartitionIdType
}

ancpAnInterfaceConfigPartitionId OBJECT-TYPE
       SYNTAX     GsmpPartitionIdType
       MAX-ACCESS read-write
       STATUS     current
       DESCRIPTION
             "A partition Id associated with the related ifIndex.
              Upon creation of the row, the value is set to
              ancpAnInterfaceDefaultPartitionId.  The value of this
              object is persistent."
       ::= { ancpAnInterfaceConfigEntry 1 }

--
-- Notifications
--

ancpSessionDown NOTIFICATION-TYPE
       OBJECTS {
                 ancpAnCurrentSessionAnIpAddressType,
                 ancpAnCurrentSessionAnIpAddress,
                 ancpAnSessionConfigNasIpAddressType,
                 ancpAnSessionConfigNasIpAddress,
                 ancpAnCurrentSessionAnInstance,
                 ancpAnCurrentSessionNasInstance,
                 ancpAnCurrentSessionStartUptime,
                 ancpAnCurrentSessionStatSentMessages,
                 ancpAnCurrentSessionStatReceivedValidMessages,
                 ancpAnCurrentSessionStatDiscardedMessages
               }
       STATUS current
       DESCRIPTION
             "This notification is generated whenever an ANCP session
              goes down.  A session can go down for several reasons:
              1) The ANCP session can be deleted by a manager from the
                 ancpAnSessionConfigTable, and hence it will also be
                 removed from the ancpAnCurrentSessionTable.
              2) The session can go operational down due to some
                 malfunction in the network, the AN, or the NAS.  In
                 this case, the ANCP session will be still in the
                 ancpAnSessionConfigTable and ancpAnCurrentSessionTable,
                 but the ancpAnCurrentSessionState moves from the estab
                 state to another state."

De Cnodder & Morgenstern  Expires August 30, 2007              [Page 19]

Internet-Draft                  ANCP MIB                   February 2007

       ::= { ancpNotifications 1 }

ancpSessionUp NOTIFICATION-TYPE
       OBJECTS {
                 ancpAnCurrentSessionAnInstance
               }
       STATUS current
       DESCRIPTION
            "This notification is generated when an ANCP session enters
             the estab state as given by ancpAnCurrentSessionState.
             Since ancpAnCurrentSessionAnInstance identifies the ANCP
             session uniquely the other attributes can be derived from
             this attribute."
       ::= { ancpNotifications 2 }

--
-- ANCP AN Compliance
--

ancpAnGroups            OBJECT IDENTIFIER ::= { ancpAnConformance 1 }
ancpAnCompliances       OBJECT IDENTIFIER ::= { ancpAnConformance 2 }

ancpAnModuleCompliance MODULE-COMPLIANCE
       STATUS current
       DESCRIPTION
             "The compliance statement for agents that support
              the ANCP MIB module for access nodes."
       MODULE -- this module
       MANDATORY-GROUPS {
                          ancpAnConfigGroup,
                          ancpAnCurrentGroup,
                          ancpAnInterfaceGroup,
                          ancpAnNotificationsGroup
                        }
       ::= { ancpAnCompliances 1 }

-- units of conformance

ancpAnConfigGroup OBJECT-GROUP
       OBJECTS {
                 ancpAnNextSessionId,
                 ancpAnSessionConfigRowStatus,
                 ancpAnSessionConfigGsmpVersion,
                 ancpAnSessionConfigGsmpSubVersion,
                 ancpAnSessionConfigEncapsulationType,
                 ancpAnSessionConfigCapabilities,

De Cnodder & Morgenstern  Expires August 30, 2007              [Page 20]

Internet-Draft                  ANCP MIB                   February 2007

                 ancpAnSessionConfigAliveTimer,
                 ancpAnSessionConfigPortReportShaper,
                 ancpAnSessionConfigAggregateReportShaper,
                 ancpAnSessionConfigTransportRetryTimer,
                 ancpAnSessionConfigGsmpRetryTimer,
                 ancpAnSessionConfigAnName,
                 ancpAnSessionConfigPartitionId,
                 ancpAnSessionConfigWindowSize,
                 ancpAnSessionConfigNasIpAddressType,
                 ancpAnSessionConfigNasIpAddress,
                 ancpAnSessionConfigEncapPortNumber
               }
       STATUS current
       DESCRIPTION
             "These objects apply to the configuration of ANCP
              sessions in access nodes."
       ::= { ancpAnGroups 1 }

ancpAnCurrentGroup OBJECT-GROUP
       OBJECTS {
                  ancpAnCurrentSessionState,
                  ancpAnCurrentSessionGsmpVersion,
                  ancpAnCurrentSessionGsmpSubVersion,
                  ancpAnCurrentSessionAnName,
                  ancpAnCurrentSessionNasName,
                  ancpAnCurrentSessionAnIpAddressType,
                  ancpAnCurrentSessionAnIpAddress,
                  ancpAnCurrentSessionAnInstance,
                  ancpAnCurrentSessionNasInstance,
                  ancpAnCurrentSessionCapabilities,
                  ancpAnCurrentSessionStartUptime,
                  ancpAnCurrentSessionDiscontinuityTime,
                  ancpAnCurrentSessionStatSentMessages,
                  ancpAnCurrentSessionStatReceivedValidMessages,
                  ancpAnCurrentSessionStatDiscardedMessages
               }
       STATUS current
       DESCRIPTION
             "These objects show the operational state of all ANCP
              sessions configured in the access node."
       ::= { ancpAnGroups 2 }

ancpAnInterfaceGroup OBJECT-GROUP
       OBJECTS {
                  ancpAnInterfaceDefaultPartitionId,
                  ancpAnInterfaceConfigPartitionId
               }
       STATUS current

De Cnodder & Morgenstern  Expires August 30, 2007              [Page 21]

Internet-Draft                  ANCP MIB                   February 2007

       DESCRIPTION
             "These objects are used to assign user facing interface to
              partitions."
       ::= { ancpAnGroups 3 }

ancpAnNotificationsGroup NOTIFICATION-GROUP
       NOTIFICATIONS {
                       ancpSessionDown,
                       ancpSessionUp
                     }
       STATUS current
       DESCRIPTION
             "These notifications inform management stations about
              changes in the state of ANCP sessions."
       ::= { ancpAnGroups 4 }

END

7.  Security Considerations

   There are a number of management objects defined in this MIB module
   with a MAX-ACCESS clause of read-write and/or read-create.  Such
   objects may be considered sensitive or vulnerable in some network
   environments.  The support for SET operations in a non-secure
   environment without proper protection can have a negative effect on
   network operations.  This is the table and these are the objects and
   their sensitivity/vulnerability:

   o  ancpAnSessionConfigTable

      The table consists of the following objects that support SET
      operations:

      *  ancpAnSessionConfigRowStatus
      *  ancpAnSessionConfigGsmpVersion
      *  ancpAnSessionConfigGsmpSubVersion
      *  ancpAnSessionConfigEncapsulationType
      *  ancpAnSessionConfigCapabilities
      *  ancpAnSessionConfigAliveTimer
      *  ancpAnSessionConfigPortReportShaper
      *  ancpAnSessionConfigAggregateReportShaper
      *  ancpAnSessionConfigTransportRetryTimer
      *  ancpAnSessionConfigGsmpRetryTimer
      *  ancpAnSessionConfigAnName
      *  ancpAnSessionConfigPartitionId

De Cnodder & Morgenstern  Expires August 30, 2007              [Page 22]

Internet-Draft                  ANCP MIB                   February 2007

      *  ancpAnSessionConfigWindowSize
      *  ancpAnSessionConfigNasIpAddressType
      *  ancpAnSessionConfigNasIpAddress
      *  ancpAnSessionConfigEncapPortNumber

      Unauthorized changes to ancpAnSessionConfigRowStatus could result
      in session being created or brought into service prematurely; or
      could result in session being inadvertently deleted or taken out
      of service.

      Unauthorized changes to ancpAnSessionConfigGsmpVersion or
      ancpAnSessionConfigGsmpSubVersion could have an adverse
      operational effect by limiting the GSMP version to be used in the
      context of this session or enabling a GSMP version number that is
      actually unsupported by the access node.

      Unauthorized changes to ancpAnSessionConfigEncapsulationType could
      have an adverse operational effect by configuring the session to
      use an undesired or even unsupported protocol.

      Unauthorized changes to ancpAnSessionConfigCapabilities could have
      an adverse operational effect by disabling certain ANCP
      capabilities that the operator assumed that are enabled, or enable
      a capability that the operator would not like to activate.

      Unauthorized changes to ancpAnSessionConfigAliveTimer could have
      an adverse operational effect by increasing the frequency of
      adjacency protocol messages generated by the access node and
      leading to an overload of such messages.  Decreasing the frequency
      of such messages may harm the synchronization between the access
      node and the NAS.

      Unauthorized changes to ancpAnSessionConfigPortReportShaper or
      ancpAnSessionConfigAggregateReportShaper could have an adverse
      operational effect by increasing the frequency of Event Report
      messages generated by the access node and leading to an overload
      of such messages.  Decreasing the frequency of such messages may
      delay the responsivness of the system to events associated with
      one or more ports.

      Unauthorized changes to ancpAnSessionConfigTransportRetryTimer
      could have an adverse operational effect by increasing the
      frequency of transport connection setup attempts initiated by the
      access node or even unexpectedly enabling the access node to
      initiate the transport connection setup when that supposed to be
      disabled.  Alternatively, when the operator basically planned
      transport connection setup attempts by the access node
      unauthorized changes to the attribute may cause unexpected low

De Cnodder & Morgenstern  Expires August 30, 2007              [Page 23]

Internet-Draft                  ANCP MIB                   February 2007

      frequency of such attepts or unexpectedly disable those attempts.

      Unauthorized changes to ancpAnSessionConfigGsmpRetryTimer could
      have an adverse operational effect by increasing the frequency of
      ANCP onnection setup attempts initiated by the access node or even
      unexpectedly enabling the access node to initiate the ANCP
      connection setup when that supposed to be disabled.
      Alternatively, when the operator basically planned ANCP connection
      setup attempts by the access node unauthorized changes to the
      attribute may cause unexpected low frequency of such attepts or
      unexpectedly disable those attempts.

      Unauthorized changes to ancpAnSessionConfigAnName could confuse
      the NAS, e.g., by detecting the same name from multiple access
      nodes.  This may also override the operator's will to allow/avoid
      the access node to autonomously determine its name.

      Unauthorized changes to ancpAnSessionConfigPartitionId could mean
      that partitions are used when actually they are not, or vice
      versa.  It could also al least specify a different partition ID
      than the one actually associated with the session.

      Unauthorized changes to ancpAnSessionConfigWindowSize are not
      directly harmfull.  However, if the controller adopts the
      suggested wrong window size it may either cause the controller to
      send too many messages in a window or unnecessarily limit itself
      and that could reduce the system performance.

      Unauthorized changes to ancpAnSessionConfigNasIpAddressType and/or
      ancpAnSessionConfigNasIpAddress and/or
      ancpAnSessionConfigEncapPortNumber could produce a wrong address
      type (interpretation) and/or IP address for the NAS and/or specify
      a wrong transport protocol port number for the session,
      respectively.

   Some of the readable objects in this MIB module (i.e., objects with a
   MAX-ACCESS other than not-accessible) may be considered sensitive or
   vulnerable in some network environments.  It is thus important to
   control even GET and/or NOTIFY access to these objects and possibly
   to even encrypt the values of these objects when sending them over
   the network via SNMP.  This is the table and these are the objects
   and their sensitivity/vulnerability:

   o  ancpAnCurrentSessionTable

      Access to these objects would allow an intruder to obtain
      information about which vendor's equipment is in use on the

De Cnodder & Morgenstern  Expires August 30, 2007              [Page 24]

Internet-Draft                  ANCP MIB                   February 2007

      network.  Further, such information is considered sensitive in
      many environments for competitive reasons.

      *  ancpAnCurrentSessionState
      *  ancpAnCurrentSessionGsmpVersion
      *  ancpAnCurrentSessionGsmpSubVersion
      *  ancpAnCurrentSessionAnName
      *  ancpAnCurrentSessionNasName
      *  ancpAnCurrentSessionAnIpAddressType
      *  ancpAnCurrentSessionAnIpAddress
      *  ancpAnCurrentSessionAnInstance
      *  ancpAnCurrentSessionNasInstance
      *  ancpAnCurrentSessionCapabilities
      *  ancpAnCurrentSessionStartUptime
      *  ancpAnCurrentSessionDiscontinuityTime
      *  ancpAnCurrentSessionStatSentMessages
      *  ancpAnCurrentSessionStatReceivedValidMessages
      *  ancpAnCurrentSessionStatDiscardedMessages

   SNMP versions prior to SNMPv3 did not include adequate security.
   Even if the network itself is secure (for example by using IPsec),
   even then, there is no control as to who on the secure network is
   allowed to access and GET/SET (read/change/create/delete) the objects
   in this MIB module.

   It is RECOMMENDED that implementers consider the security features as
   provided by the SNMPv3 framework (see [RFC3410], Section 8),
   including full support for the SNMPv3 cryptographic mechanisms (for
   authentication and privacy).

   Further, deployment of SNMP versions prior to SNMPv3 is NOT
   RECOMMENDED.  Instead, it is RECOMMENDED to deploy SNMPv3 and to
   enable cryptographic security.  It is then a customer/operator
   responsibility to ensure that the SNMP entity giving access to an
   instance of this MIB module is properly configured to give access to
   the objects only to those principals (users) that have legitimate
   rights to indeed GET or SET (change/create/delete) them.

8.  IANA considerations

   IANA is requested to assign an OID xxx under mib-2.

9.  Acknowledgements

   The authors would like to thank Paul Reynders and Bert Wijnen for
   their feedback.

De Cnodder & Morgenstern  Expires August 30, 2007              [Page 25]

Internet-Draft                  ANCP MIB                   February 2007

10.  References

10.1.  Normative References

   [ANCPFW]   Ooghe, S., Voigt, N., Platnic, M., Haag, T., and S.
              Wadhwa, "Framework and Requirements for an Access Node
              Control Mechanism in Broadband Multi-Service Networks",
              draft-ietf-ancp-framework-01.txt, work in progress,
              February 2007.

   [ANCPPR]   Wadhwa, S., Moisand, J., Subramanian, S., Haag, T., and N.
              Voigt, "GSMP extensions for layer2 control (L2C) Topology
              Discovery and Line Configuration",
              draft-wadhwa-gsmp-l2control- configuration-01.txt, work in
              progress, March 2006.

   [RFC2119]  Bradner, S., "Key words for use in RFCs to Indicate
              Requirement Levels", BCP 14, RFC 2119, March 1997.

   [RFC2578]  McCloghrie, K., Ed., Perkins, D., Ed., and J.
              Schoenwaelder, Ed., "Structure of Management Information
              Version 2 (SMIv2)", STD 58, RFC 2578, April 1999.

   [RFC2579]  McCloghrie, K., Ed., Perkins, D., Ed., and J.
              Schoenwaelder, Ed., "Textual Conventions for SMIv2",
              STD 58, RFC 2579, April 1999.

   [RFC2580]  McCloghrie, K., Perkins, D., and J. Schoenwaelder,
              "Conformance Statements for SMIv2", STD 58, RFC 2580,
              April 1999.

   [RFC2863]  McCloghrie, K. and F. Kastenholz, "The Interfaces Group
              MIB", RFC 2863, June 2000.

   [RFC3292]  Doria, A., Hellstrand, F., Sundell, K., and T. Worster,
              "General Switch Management Protocol (GSMP) V3", RFC 3292,
              June 2002.

   [RFC3295]  Sjostrand, H., Buerkle, J., and B. Srinivasan,
              "Definitions of Managed Objects for the General Switch
              Management Protocol (GSMP)", RFC 3295, June 2002.

   [RFC4001]  Daniele, M., Haberman, B., Routhier, S., and J.
              Schoenwaelder, "Textual Conventions for Internet Network
              Addresses", RFC 4001, February 2005.

   [RFC4502]  Waldbusser, S., "Remote Network Monitoring Management
              Information Base Version 2", RFC 4502, May 2006.

De Cnodder & Morgenstern  Expires August 30, 2007              [Page 26]

Internet-Draft                  ANCP MIB                   February 2007

10.2.  Informative References

   [RFC3410]  Case, J., Mundy, R., Partain, D., and B. Stewart,
              "Introduction and Applicability Statements for Internet-
              Standard Management Framework", RFC 3410, December 2002.

Authors' Addresses

   Stefaan De Cnodder
   Alcatel-Lucent
   Copernicuslaan 50
   B-2018 Antwerp
   Belgium

   Phone: +32 3 240 85 15
   Email: stefaan.de_cnodder@alcatel- lucent.be

   Moti Morgenstern
   ECI Telecom Ltd.
   30 Hasivim St.
   Petach Tikva  49517
   Israel

   Phone: +972 3 926 6258
   Fax:   +972 3 928 7342
   Email: [email-masked]

De Cnodder & Morgenstern  Expires August 30, 2007              [Page 27]

Internet-Draft                  ANCP MIB                   February 2007

Full Copyright Statement

   Copyright (C) The IETF Trust (2007).

   This document is subject to the rights, licenses and restrictions
   contained in BCP 78, and except as set forth therein, the authors
   retain all their rights.

   This document and the information contained herein are provided on an
   "AS IS" basis and THE CONTRIBUTOR, THE ORGANIZATION HE/SHE REPRESENTS
   OR IS SPONSORED BY (IF ANY), THE INTERNET SOCIETY, THE IETF TRUST AND
   THE INTERNET ENGINEERING TASK FORCE DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS
   OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY WARRANTY THAT THE USE OF
   THE INFORMATION HEREIN WILL NOT INFRINGE ANY RIGHTS OR ANY IMPLIED
   WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.

Intellectual Property

   The IETF takes no position regarding the validity or scope of any
   Intellectual Property Rights or other rights that might be claimed to
   pertain to the implementation or use of the technology described in
   this document or the extent to which any license under such rights
   might or might not be available; nor does it represent that it has
   made any independent effort to identify any such rights.  Information
   on the procedures with respect to rights in RFC documents can be
   found in BCP 78 and BCP 79.

   Copies of IPR disclosures made to the IETF Secretariat and any
   assurances of licenses to be made available, or the result of an
   attempt made to obtain a general license or permission for the use of
   such proprietary rights by implementers or users of this
   specification can be obtained from the IETF on-line IPR repository at
   http://www.ietf.org/ipr.

   The IETF invites any interested party to bring to its attention any
   copyrights, patents or patent applications, or other proprietary
   rights that may cover technology that may be required to implement
   this standard.  Please address the information to the IETF at
   [email-masked].

Acknowledgment

   Funding for the RFC Editor function is provided by the IETF
   Administrative Support Activity (IASA).

De Cnodder & Morgenstern  Expires August 30, 2007              [Page 28]


_______________________________________________
ANCP mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ancp

---

From: "Sanjay Wadhwa" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2007 07:58:41 -0400

Ditto with the updated protocol draft attached here, that was submitted
to the IETF before the cutoff. The name, title and version have been
changed to reflect it as a WG draft.

Thanks
-Sanjay

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Wednesday, March 14, 2007 4:35 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [ANCP] ANCP MIB

Hi,

regards,
Stefaan

---

From: "Wojciech Dec \(wdec\)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2007 14:51:32 +0100

Strange, the boiler plate you used appears to be the correct one. Did
you get notice from the editor as to why the draft wasn't accepted?

-Woj. 

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: 14 March 2007 09:35
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [ANCP] ANCP MIB

Hi,

regards,
Stefaan

---

From: Jakob Heitz <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2007 07:04:49 -0700

diff ?

-- 
Jakob Heitz.

---

From: "Sanjay Wadhwa" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2007 10:51:15 -0400

Nothing significant. The update mainly includes the following:

1. Title and Name change. Note, that it is version 00 now due to the
name change. 
2. Changed references to BRAS with NAS (in accordance with standard ANCP
terminology).
3. Removed some text in several sections that appeared in the framework
draft. The framework draft came into existence much after the protocol
draft resulting in some overlap. I have provided references to the
framework draft as necessary. However, in order to provide minimal
context, I had to leave some text for each use case. 
4. Clarified text in section 5.4.4 for "OAM-Loopback-Test-Parameters'"
TLV's value field as discussed on the mailing list.

-Sanjay

-----Original Message-----
From: Jakob Heitz [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Wednesday, March 14, 2007 10:05 AM
To: Sanjay Wadhwa
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: draft-ietf-ancp-protocol-00.txt

diff ?

-- 
Jakob Heitz.

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2007 16:52:45 +0100

Woj,

The draft was submitted 1 week before the deadline and I only got the 
standard response immediately after submission.  After that, I have not 
seen anything anymore.

Although the draft is not available at the IETF, I hope it is not a 
problem to present it in Prague.  I will resubmit immediately after the 
IETF again.

regards,
Stefaan

---

From: "Wijnen, Bert \(Bert\)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2007 14:43:58 +0100

During the ANCP session today I listened to the discussion
about PartionID and the question if it is more than just
a number. There was talk about that possibly they could
be multiple partitions in the same device, maybe even 
virtual partitions?

That triggered me to wonder 

- will multiple partitions on the same device be supported
  (repersented) by a single SNMP agent or by multiple SNMP
  agents?

- If so, do we need to consider that the particionID becomes
  part of the indexing scheme, so that you implicitly support
  multiple instances of this MIB module

The WG better thinks this through BEFORE the MIB module gets
finalized, because if we find out later (afte rthe MIB document
has been approved), then it can only be changed with incompatible
changes (i.e. re-indexing), and so that means obsoleting most 
(if not all) of what we define today.

Bert