Subject: [ANCP] Working Group Last Call for draft-ietf-ancp-mib-an-11

From: "Wojciech Dec (wdec)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 Sep 2013 11:58:47 +0000

Hi All,

Starting from today we would like to initiate a week Working Group Last Call for the following draft:

Access Node Control Protocol (ANCP) MIB module for Access Nodes

http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-ancp-mib-an-11

Accordingly, please review these documents and bring any remaining issues, or issues whose resolution is not satisfactory, to the attention of the Working Group on this list and/or by using the issue tracker tool.

Please note that both of these parts has recently been substantially rewritten by Roy, just as I rewrote p6 a while back. As such, we're treating those changes as a proposal from the editors to the Working Group, to be confirmed. Please review carefully with this in mind.

To give people ample time to review, we'll have a 3-week WGLC, ending on September 27.

Regards,

Wojciech and Matthew.

---

From: Tom Taylor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2013 07:52:47 -0400

On 05/09/2013 7:58 AM, Wojciech Dec (wdec) wrote:
> Accordingly, please review these documents and bring any remaining
> issues, or issues whose resolution is not satisfactory, to the
> attention of the Working Group on this list and/or by using the issue
> tracker tool.
>
> Please note that both of these parts has recently been substantially
> rewritten by Roy, just as I rewrote p6 a while back. As such, we're
> treating those changes as a proposal from the editors to the Working
> Group, to be confirmed. Please review carefully with this in mind.
>

I have reviewed the latest version of this document. There are a couple 
instances of non-native English syntax, but not enough to worry about. 
In general the document looks good to go.

I have one question regarding the ancpAnSessionUp notification. The 
index to the session tables is ancpAnSessionConfigSessionId. How, then, 
does one retrieve the data associated with the 
ancpAnCurrentSessionAnInstance, which is buried in the 
ancpAnCurrentSessionTabl? Is it necessary to walk the complete 
ancpAnCurrentSessionTable (well, on the average, half the table) 
applying a filter?