Subject: [Anima] I-D Action: draft-ietf-anima-grasp-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2016 11:20:13 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Autonomic Networking Integrated Model and Approach of the IETF.

        Title           : A Generic Autonomic Signaling Protocol (GRASP)
        Authors         : Carsten Bormann
                          Brian Carpenter
                          Bing Liu
	Filename        : draft-ietf-anima-grasp-03.txt
	Pages           : 57
	Date            : 2016-02-23

Abstract:
   This document establishes requirements for a signaling protocol that
   enables autonomic devices and autonomic service agents to dynamically
   discover peers, to synchronize state with them, and to negotiate
   parameter settings mutually with them.  The document then defines a
   general protocol for discovery, synchronization and negotiation,
   while the technical objectives for specific scenarios are to be
   described in separate documents.  An Appendix briefly discusses
   existing protocols with comparable features.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-anima-grasp/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-anima-grasp-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-anima-grasp-03

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 2016 08:25:28 +1300

Hi,

Here are the main changes in this version, which as far as we know
respond to the various comments received:

   Protocol change: Removed initiator field from certain messages and
   adjusted relaying requirement to simplify loop detection.  Also
   clarified narrative explanation of discovery relaying.

   Protocol change: Split Request message into two (Request Negotiation
   and Request Synchronization) and updated other message names for
   clarity.

   Protocol change: Dropped unused Device ID option.

   Further clarified text on transport layer usage.

   New text about multicast insecurity in Security Considerations.

   Various other clarifications and editorial fixes, including moving
   some material to Appendix.

And here are the remaining open issues:

   o  7.  Cross-check against other ANIMA WG documents for consistency
      and gaps.

   o  43.  Rapid mode synchronization and negotiation is currently
      limited to a single objective for simplicity of design and
      implementation.  A future consideration is to allow multiple
      objectives in rapid mode for greater efficiency.

   o  48.  Should the Appendix "Capability Analysis of Current
      Protocols" be deleted before RFC publication?

I will post an updated version of the Python prototype later today.

Regards
    Brian

On 24/02/2016 08:20, [email-masked] wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> Anima mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/anima
>