Subject: [Anima] Proposed GRASP update text for Unicode issue

From: Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2017 11:24:26 +1300

Hi,

To follow up the Unicode issue mentioned today, I propose
to add the following paragraph to the section "3.10.3. General
Considerations for Objective Options" in draft-ietf-anima-grasp.
Any comments from the WG? It would be nice to publish this
while we are in Chicago:

 Names are expressed as UTF-8 strings for convenience in designing
 Objective Options for localized use.  For generic usage, names
 expressed in the ASCII subset of UTF-8 are RECOMMENDED.  Designers
 planning to use non-ASCII names are strongly advised to consult
 [RFC7564] or its successor to understand the complexities involved.
 Since the GRASP protocol compares names byte by byte, all issues of
 Unicode profiling and canonicalization MUST be specified in the
 design of the Objective Option.

The only other difference would be to change the two SHOULDs
for encryption to "MUST implement", as discussed today.

Regards
   Brian