Subject: [Anima] WGLC on draft-ietf-anima-voucher-03 - Respond by June 23, 2017

From: Sheng Jiang <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2017 07:52:04 +0000

Hi all,

This message starts the two-week ANIMA Working Group Last Call to advance draft-ietf-anima-voucher-03, Voucher Profile for Bootstrapping Protocols. This document's intended status is Standards Track. At present, there is no IPR file against this document.

Please send your comments by June 23, 2017. If you do not feel this  document should advance, please state your reasons why.

Sheng JIANG is the assigned shepherd.

Regards,

Sheng & Toerless

---

From: Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2017 14:15:35 +1200

Hi,

I am no expert but this draft seems good to me.

One question. If I understand correctly, the only assertions defined
so far are 'verified' and 'logged'. Presumably 'verified' applies to
pledges whose ID is known in advance and 'logged' applies to pledges that
just show up on the network? So I assume that protocols using this
voucher format must define the conditions. For example it seems to me
that in an ANIMA network, we will not accept 'logged' devices, but
will insist on 'verified'. 

If so, perhaps this statement 

> Pledges MUST
> ensure that the assertion provided is acceptable before
> processing the voucher.

is not quite enough. I think we need to require that each specification
of a use case for the voucher format MUST specify how pledges will
decide whether the assertion is acceptable. Also, it isn't just the
pledge. In an ANIMA network, surely the registrar should block any
pledge that is only 'logged'?

Regards
   Brian

On 09/06/2017 19:52, Sheng Jiang wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> Anima mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/anima
>