Subject: [Anima] RFC 8366 on A Voucher Artifact for Bootstrapping Protocols

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 9 May 2018 17:19:41 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8366

        Title:      A Voucher Artifact for Bootstrapping 
                    Protocols 
        Author:     K. Watsen, 
                    M. Richardson,
                    M. Pritikin, 
                    T. Eckert
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       May 2018
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],  
                    [email-masked] 
        Pages:      23
        Characters: 47891
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-anima-voucher-07.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8366

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8366

This document defines a strategy to securely assign a pledge to an
owner using an artifact signed, directly or indirectly, by the
pledge's manufacturer.  This artifact is known as a "voucher".

This document defines an artifact format as a YANG-defined JSON
document that has been signed using a Cryptographic Message Syntax
(CMS) structure.  Other YANG-derived formats are possible.  The
voucher artifact is normally generated by the pledge's manufacturer
(i.e., the Manufacturer Authorized Signing Authority (MASA)).

This document only defines the voucher artifact, leaving it to other
documents to describe specialized protocols for accessing it.

This document is a product of the Autonomic Networking Integrated Model and Approach Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC