Subject: [Anima] Éric Vyncke's No Objection on draft-ietf-anima-grasp-api-08: (with COMMENT)

From: Éric Vyncke via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 01 Dec 2020 06:16:48 -0800

Éric Vyncke has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-anima-grasp-api-08: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-anima-grasp-api/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for the work put into this document.

Please find below one some non-blocking COMMENT points, and one nits. I have
also request IoT directorate and INT directorate reviews, so, you may expect
more reviews.

I hope that this helps to improve the document,

Regards,

-éric

== COMMENTS ==

-- Section 1 --
In figure 1, is the "GRASP API Library" identical to the "basic GRASP library"
mentioned later in the text?

-- Section 2.1 --
May I assume that the bulleted list is not exhaustive? Probably worth stating
"For example, ..." if this is the case.

-- Section 2.2.1 --
This whole section looks more like a tutorial than something useful in an IETF
document ;-) but no problem to leave it. Same applies for section 2.2.2 and
even to 2.2.3.

-- Section 2.3.2.2 --
Should it be specified that the timeout is an *unsigned* integer? Same applies
for "loop_count" in section 2.3.2.3

-- Section 2.3 --
Several occurrences of "returned parameters"... should it better be "returned
values" ?

-- Section 2.3.3 --
"All ASAs must use this call." should it be followed by "before issuing any
other API calls" ?

"automatically if an ASA crashes" but what about "graceful termination" ?

== NITS ==

-- Section 1 --
Suggestion move figure 1 earlier in the text to improve readability.

---

From: Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 2 Dec 2020 08:28:26 +1300

On 02-Dec-20 03:16, Éric Vyncke via Datatracker wrote:
...
 
> also request IoT directorate and INT directorate reviews, so, you may expect

Some of the reviews requested at Last Call never showed up, which is mildly annoying if they're going to show up late.

All your comments are easy to fix, assuming "new ID needed".

Thanks
    Brian

---

From: "Eric Vyncke (evyncke)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 1 Dec 2020 19:32:36 +0000

Brian,

I agree on your two points ;-)

-----Original Message-----
From: Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Tuesday, 1 December 2020 at 20:28
To: Eric Vyncke <[email-masked]>, The IESG <[email-masked]>
Cc: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>, "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>, "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>, Sheng Jiang <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Éric Vyncke's No Objection on draft-ietf-anima-grasp-api-08: (with COMMENT)

    Thanks
        Brian