Subject: [Anima] Alissa Cooper's No Objection on draft-ietf-anima-grasp-api-08: (with COMMENT)

From: Alissa Cooper via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 03 Dec 2020 05:52:13 -0800

Alissa Cooper has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-anima-grasp-api-08: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-anima-grasp-api/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

There are  a few outstanding unresolved comments from the Gen-ART review that
it would be useful to resolve, particularly clarifications in Section 2.3.5.

In general the Gen-ART review made me wonder if it might be useful to get some
more implementation experience and interop testing going before trying to
extend or build out much more functionality on top of GRASP, since there are
many implementation-specific decisions left unspecified.

---

From: Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 4 Dec 2020 08:54:47 +1300

Thanks Alissa. Paul's reviews have been extremely thorough and helpful, and
we will try to resolve all his comments in the next version.

Yes, I agree that more experience is needed. The core GRASP documents
are all in the hands of the RFC Editor now, so we are in good shape
for that to happen.

Regards
   Brian