Subject: [Anima] I-D Action: draft-ietf-anima-constrained-voucher-14.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2021 07:02:09 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Autonomic Networking Integrated Model and Approach WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Constrained Bootstrapping Remote Secure Key Infrastructure (BRSKI)
        Authors         : Michael Richardson
                          Peter van der Stok
                          Panos Kampanakis
                          Esko Dijk
	Filename        : draft-ietf-anima-constrained-voucher-14.txt
	Pages           : 71
	Date            : 2021-10-25

Abstract:
   This document defines a protocol to securely assign a Pledge to an
   owner and to enroll it into the owner's network.  The protocol uses
   an artifact that is signed by the Pledge's manufacturer.  This
   artifact is known as a "voucher".

   This document builds upon the work in [RFC8366] and [BRSKI], but
   defines an encoding of the voucher in CBOR rather than JSON, and
   enables the Pledge to perform its transactions using CoAP rather than
   HTTPS.

   The use of Raw Public Keys instead of X.509 certificates for security
   operations is also explained.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-anima-constrained-voucher/

There is also an HTML version available at:
https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-ietf-anima-constrained-voucher-14.html

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-anima-constrained-voucher-14

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Michael Richardson <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2021 10:24:07 -0400

I have posted constrained-voucher-14 today.
The diff is extensive, and the document grows from ~58 pages to 70.
A two slide status update will get posted for the WG meeting.
We continue to meet on Thursday mornings, see the invite which has gone to
the list.  We will meet this week, and then the next meeting will be Nov. 18.
(I'd like to cancel Nov. 25 due to RIPE83 conflict)

A second Interop/Hackathon effort will occur in a week during the IETF112
hackathon event.  We are using the L2VPN provided by the hackathon to test
the discovery mechanisms as well as the other aspects as from before.
A document about the hackathon effort is at:
  https://docs.google.com/document/d/1WY2TT6ZYQh49rwznJXUSZRO7fPEcqEwWh9F4WF7ZoUk/edit?usp=sharing

The list of still open issues is at:
   https://github.com/anima-wg/constrained-voucher/issues

We have closed the ~30 issues that were the result of review feedback from
Henk Birkholz and Daniel Franke.  Thank you for challenging our "code size"
beliefs.  That issue remains open.

[email-masked] wrote:
    > A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
    > directories.  This draft is a work item of the Autonomic Networking
    > Integrated Model and Approach WG of the IETF.

--
Michael Richardson <[email-masked]>   . o O ( IPv6 IøT consulting )
           Sandelman Software Works Inc, Ottawa and Worldwide