Subject: [Anima] [Errata Verified] RFC8995 (6716)

From: RFC Errata System <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2021 16:22:11 -0700 (PDT)

The following errata report has been verified for RFC8995,
"Bootstrapping Remote Secure Key Infrastructure (BRSKI)". 

--------------------------------------
You may review the report below and at:
https://www.rfc-editor.org/errata/eid6716

--------------------------------------
Status: Verified
Type: Technical

Reported by: Max Pritikin <[email-masked]>
Date Reported: 2021-10-19
Verified by: Warren Kumari (Ops AD) (IESG)

Section: 5.8.3

Original Text
-------------
A registrar MAY be configured to ignore (i.e., override
the above policy) the history of the device, but it is RECOMMENDED
that this only be configured if hardware-assisted (i.e., Transport
Performance Metrics (TPM) anchored) Network Endpoint Assessment (NEA)
[RFC5209] is supported.

Corrected Text
--------------
A registrar MAY be configured to ignore (i.e., override
the above policy) the history of the device, but it is RECOMMENDED
that this only be configured if hardware-assisted (i.e., Trusted 
Platform Module (TPM) anchored) Network Endpoint Assessment (NEA)
 [RFC5209] is supported.

Notes
-----
The logical expansion of 'TPM' in this parenthetical example is the Trusted Platform Module.

--------------------------------------
RFC8995 (draft-ietf-anima-bootstrapping-keyinfra-45)
--------------------------------------
Title               : Bootstrapping Remote Secure Key Infrastructure (BRSKI)
Publication Date    : May 2021
Author(s)           : M. Pritikin, M. Richardson, T. Eckert, M. Behringer, K. Watsen
Category            : PROPOSED STANDARD
Source              : Autonomic Networking Integrated Model and Approach
Area                : Operations and Management
Stream              : IETF
Verifying Party     : IESG